What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the new-old Broncos hybrid logo (a mouthful if I ever typed one) I think the problem isn't the head transplant, although that does take a bit of getting used to. Rather it is the front leg being tucked up like a horse that is prancing around a dressage course (or whatever it is called). In contrast, the original Broncos logo had that front leg outstretched, and when combined with the snorting Bronco head gave the image of angry beast turning on a twenty cent piece to go and get amongst the action.

I don't have enough posts to link to the old logo to show what I mean, but have a squiz if you care: upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f7/Brisbane_1988.jpg

parraparraparra

Juniors
That broncos logo looks great. They had it right with the original logo. Now they have a chess piece. It's a rip off of the Denver broncos complete with having BRONCOS BRISBANE.

GAZF

First Grade
Regarding the new-old Broncos hybrid logo (a mouthful if I ever typed one) I think the problem isn't the head transplant, although that does take a bit of getting used to. Rather it is the front leg being tucked up like a horse that is prancing around a dressage course (or whatever it is called). In contrast, the original Broncos logo had that front leg outstretched, and when combined with the snorting Bronco head gave the image of angry beast turning on a twenty cent piece to go and get amongst the action.

I don't have enough posts to link to the old logo to show what I mean, but have a squiz if you care: upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f7/Brisbane_1988.jpg

The bent legs and lack of detail makes the logo look like a crime scene for a murdered horse. But the continuity between the head and the body is the worst. The head is sleek and sinewy (to a fault) and the segmentation of the head from the neck is very unnatural. In contrast, the body is smooth and relatively featureless with zero segmentation aside from the rear legs and tail. It looks like the first draft of a tracing of a hand drawing in illustrator. The tail and the point at the base of the mane are unforgivable.

Frailty

First Grade
Apparently the Sharks confirmed to Platinum Members today that the Heritage Jersey will be the home jersey in 2013 (which was already assumed/known).

Also the heritage jersey in 2013 would be "a popular jersey from the 90s". Given the Hoops jersey will be home that means that the heritage would be the 95-96 slanted jersey, or the 97-00 super league design. Both seen below:

1811.jpg

562375096_tp.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
It can't not be the top one, that screams Sharks in the 90's to me. They wouldn't be dumb enough to commemorate a super league jersey.

Frailty

First Grade
It can't not be the top one, that screams Sharks in the 90's to me. They wouldn't be dumb enough to commemorate a super league jersey.

The super league jersey was also the jersey in 99 when we won the minor premiership...

I think it may be the 95-96 (and I hope it is - I love that jersey)

I always liked the 95-96 Croulla jersey and hope they bring it back as their heritage. Can't see them using the SL one yet, think there are too many old pricks like me with long memories and it'll p*ss people off.

hellteam

First Grade
Love that sharks 95 jersey, although I bet theylll slap the sponsor right over the top of the stripes instead of incorporating it in like Reebok

M2D2

Bench
hahah i called this a couple of weeks ago.
f**king love the reebok jersey. Wouldnt be surprised to see it as the members jersey too.

flippikat

Bench
its a crap jersey though. the superleague one.

bring back the 96 jersey

90s jerseys have been revived in past few seasons for the Warriors (1995 original jersey), Panthers (Allsorts black & allsorts white), Manly (Pepsi jersey) & Newcastle (vertical stripes) - and why not?

Up until Superleague's horrid templates, the 1990s was a great time for jersey design.

Some 1990s jerseys I'd love to see in upcoming seasons are:

Warriors 1995 away (White, with red/green/blue trim)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...New_Zealand_Warriors_away_jersey_1995.svg.png

a Gold Coast "big stripes" jersey
http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/img/s...rs-home-rugby-shirt-1992-to-1993-s_1007_1.jpg

Penrith 1995 diagonal "alternate" jersey
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Penrith_Panthers_Alternate_Jersey_1995.svg

And I also recall seeing the Roosters in a white alternate jersey with a solid V made up of horizontal blue & red stripes - can't find a picture of it anywhere, but would love to see it brought back.

hellteam

First Grade
90s jerseys have been revived in past few seasons for the Warriors (1995 original jersey), Panthers (Allsorts black & allsorts white), Manly (Pepsi jersey) & Newcastle (vertical stripes) - and why not?

Up until Superleague's horrid templates, the 1990s was a great time for jersey design.

Some 1990s jerseys I'd love to see in upcoming seasons are:

Warriors 1995 away (White, with red/green/blue trim)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...New_Zealand_Warriors_away_jersey_1995.svg.png

a Gold Coast "big stripes" jersey
http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/img/s...rs-home-rugby-shirt-1992-to-1993-s_1007_1.jpg

Penrith 1995 diagonal "alternate" jersey
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Penrith_Panthers_Alternate_Jersey_1995.svg

And I also recall seeing the Roosters in a white alternate jersey with a solid V made up of horizontal blue & red stripes - can't find a picture of it anywhere, but would love to see it brought back.

Agreed , 1995 was the pinnacle of jerseys for sure. Most the traditional clubs had great classic designs (that I can remember), plus good alternate jerseys.

Also, the four new clubs that came in that year (Reds, Cowboys, Warriors and Crushers) had great designs IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts