What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigwaa

Bench
Gotta say I love the Bulldogs jersey...very traditional.

And the Cowboys indigenous one also looks great.

Can I ask your guys opinion on this 2011 Roosters away one. They only wore it once or twice this season.
I am thinking of getting one, but not sure. I am curious what others think...

(sorry not sure how to add pic...grateful if someone else can)
http://jerseys.com.au/prod2578.htm

I'm not much of a fan of that jersey. If you do get it don't wear blue shorts with like the roosters did, "Harry Highpants" was Andy Raymond's comments.

BTW you can get one cheaper than that on ebay if you hadn't already looked.

Zigwaa

Bench
Penrith's heritage jersey in 2012 will not be the '91 licorice all sorts from this year. It is yet to be revealed, but quite cryptically it's because the heritage round 'is going to be earlier and hotter'.

What a dumb reason. Odds are they will end up playing a night game.

Have they done a "chocolate soldiers" heritage jersey before?

Version 6

Staff member
Good news that the white ribbon jersey is sticking around.

If black and teal is going to be the colour scheme moving forward, I'd like to see them adopt a simple inverse of the white ribbon jersey as their home jersey.

What a dumb reason. Odds are they will end up playing a night game.

Have they done a "chocolate soldiers" heritage jersey before?

No, the closest they've done is the 1967 version, the brown jersey with the white yoke and brown vee. But never the "chocolate soldiers".

If they do a Chocolate soldiers jersey, reckon they'll be walking out the door.

Good news that the white ribbon jersey is sticking around.

If black and teal is going to be the colour scheme moving forward, I'd like to see them adopt a simple inverse of the white ribbon jersey as their home jersey.

This is a great use of the black, white and teal. SG Ball jersey from last year.

sgBall_rnd5_roosters_v_panthers_08_s3L.jpg

Version 6

Staff member
That really is quite a lot nicer than the first grade home jersey.

One way or the other, I just hope Penrith sort out the identity crisis and settle on a colour scheme long term.

franklin2323

Immortal

Well a huge majority of fans love the 91 heritage jersey from this year. Possibly insert the new colours instead of Red, yellow & green. That would be the only change in the next 10 or so years. We need to get an identity & keep it. The white is great find a home design & keep it

betcats

Referee
Well a huge majority of fans love the 91 heritage jersey from this year. Possibly insert the new colours instead of Red, yellow & green. That would be the only change in the next 10 or so years. We need to get an identity & keep it. The white is great find a home design & keep it

+1 its a joke how much our strip changes, f**ken ridiculous. I dont see what the big deal is, pick a jersey and stick with it, id like the 91 strip as our home and the ribbon jersey as away, too easy.

roofromoz

First Grade
On Panthers. They've also confirmed that the white ribbon jersey we wore last year will be the away jersey for 2012. So the only jersey change is the heritage jersey.

Confirmed on 'Panthers Interactive' forum by the merchandise manager.

Thanks! Should have quoted the source. :)

Von

Juniors
Thanks very much Henson Park & Zigwaa for your comments.
And yes Zigwaa, there are many bargains to be had on ebay. I can probably get it for around $50. And yes I remember Andy Raymond's comment...that'w why I am hesitant :)

Also, can I say the above Panthers SG Ball jersey looks terrific. I was a big fan of the liquorice allsorts one years ago.

I just like buying jerseys, from various clubs.
I used to have a Bears one (the red with black around the neck), a chocolate soldiers Panthers one, and the original Cowboys jersey.

Last edited:

Spitty

Juniors
The only thing with the panthers Junior Reps jersey is that when it's on the field you can't see those teal stripes. They get eaten up by the black stripes and the jersey looks like black on top and black and white stripes at the bottom, which looks a bit cheap.

Having said that I'm sure it can't be that hard to create a jersey along those line, where you can make those teal lines stand out. There would be all sorts of modern variations you could create using that concept as your backdrop.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That Roosters away jersey would probably have looked great if it were worn with white or even red shorts. Silly buggers put navy pants on it and yeah, massive fail.

Saint Doc

Coach
I think that roosters jersey would look fine socially with jeans or casual shorts. As mentioned just no good with short blue footy shorts!

Spitty

Juniors
Panthers Merchandise manager has confirmed on 'Panthers interactive' forum, that the new heritage jersey is the 1991 away. Basically the 'liquorice allsorts' with the white on top instead of black.

Reason for the change was, the design had to be registered with the NRL prior to the draw release. Pre-draw we thought we'd be playing Cronulla away on the heritage round and the NRL wouldn't have allowed us to wear the predominantly black jersey against Cronulla's jersey which is also heavily black. So taking the punt they changed it to the white jersey. As it turns out we're playing Cronulla at home. Which is unexpected, because since the inception of the 'Heritage round' we've always played home then away consecutive years. Last year we played home, so next year we were expecting to play away.

blain

Juniors
Had a sneak peak at the Warriors new strip, looks like we are introducing a bit of red and have a V similar to our jerseys in the early 2000's, looks pretty good. Way better than what we have had the last few seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.