What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juju

Juniors
I actually love the home and away warriors jerseys. I would love to here the official explanation of the red though... can only be a Vodaphone initiative you would think.

Dragon Dave

Bench
I actually love the home and away warriors jerseys. I would love to here the official explanation of the red though... can only be a Vodaphone initiative you would think.

Yep, I think the sponsor would have alot to do with it. Last year NZ had black with red trim on their off-field/training gear, now it's progressed to their main colours.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Thumbs up for the 'blue' jersey ( :lol:mad:BDGS) but the away one looks like the roosters. If you saw that jersey on game day from row f the only way you'd not think it was the roosters is because they'd be playing decent footy.

How long will they stick with this design?

Spitty

Juniors
Warriors home is really good, very impressive.

Away is very Roosterish. I thought maybe in the flesh the black would stand out a lot more than on the Facebook images that were shown earlier, but not the case. However these days most teams have to have a white away kit, so to be fair there's a limited amount you can do with it and kudos to them for keeping the same design as the home. Maybe as we get used to the home kit, we'll start to associate the Away kit with Warriors as well.

The NYC is very Qld Red's. Strange decision considering a large proportion of there fan base would be S15 fans and would more than likely despise the Qld Reds (being that they're current champions and all). Surely they could have added a 'V' or something in there. Just plain red is odd.

counterpuncher

Juniors
I guess we all have a bit of a whinge (with good reason) when sponsor colouring or design ruins an otherwise good jersey.

In this case it's the reverse. I recognise Vodafone has been a loyal long term sponsor of the Warriors, but I feel a bit uneasy about sponsorship possibly dictating a teams colours in any way.

blain

Juniors
Yeah I'm pretty iffy on the under 20s.. Pretty plan and super red, does almost look like the Queensland union team. Wonder if its their home or away strip?

Love the home jersey, will be getting one of those. Away is ok, bit plan and Rooster like, but looks tidy.

Danish

Referee
I'm really not seeing the resemblance to our jerseys in that warriors strip. Its not like we are the only team with a V??

Either way love them. Throw back to the classic curved V that they used to have back in the day, and happy they have steered away from the all black look.

I agree that green would have looked cooler, but as has been said Vodafone has been a great sponsor for them for many many years so if this cements their association for another decade then so be it.

beagle

Juniors
In real life (red strip on the left is Toyota Cup):

315925_278417018869365_122894684421600_841037_2080040397_n.jpg

www.facebook.com/vodafonewarriors

IMO, that's how home/alternate jerseys should be. The exact, or close enough to, reverse of each other. Like the Bulldogs, Eels, Cowboys 2012 jerseys.

These Warriors jerseys are great

no name

Coach
The Warriors had red as one of their colours before Vodafone sponsored them.
Although it has been missing for the past 8 years. And none of the other colours made it back into the scheme.

applesauce

Bench
Would be perfect if it didn't have the vertical lines running over the shoulders and under the armpits.

Very very good jersey though love the new direction. Never liked how similar the colour scheme became after losing blue, it was too close to the NZ national team.

Saint Doc

Coach
This is a previous warriors away jersey, so all these people saying red is a brand new colour need to work on their memories!

images

It was also part of the piping of the early blue/green jerseys too.

devoid

Juniors
This is a previous warriors away jersey, so all these people saying red is a brand new colour need to work on their memories!

images

Well, sort of -- that one was our 2008 heritage. But the design was used as our 99 or 00 away jersey :D

Red was in every jersey until 2003.

innsaneink

Referee

images

So whats the clubs colours, anything and every-f**ken-thing?
Black, white, red, blue, grey, silver?

_Johnsy

Referee
So whats the clubs colours, anything and every-f**ken-thing?
Black, white, red, blue, grey, silver?

The change of jersey design, the large number of colours. All this says to me is that they struggle with their identity. How hard is it NZ Warriors, black/grey with a white alternate.

Not difficult FFS, really shits me how clubs continually change/tinker with the design of their "main" jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.