What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Doc

Coach
imag04851k.jpg

320535_10150461109135100_608310099_10833303_1980777559_n.jpg

hellteam

First Grade
hopefully they stick with the Red Black and White... it's obviously com from Vodafone - but I don't care because its an awesome colour combination.

Nice jerseys!

Timbo

Staff member
Holy hell, when I first saw that my instant thought was 'when did Vodafone start sponsoring the Roosters'?

Pretty odd direction they've taken their jersey in.

flippikat

Bench
Norths colours are back in the NRL!

Oi.

Wonder if that upsets the guys behind the Bears bid?

Also, considering the NRL have to approve a jersey design, is this a tacit admission that a certain red-and-black wearing club won't be in the next expansion round???

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wonder if that upsets the guys behind the Bears bid?

Also, considering the NRL have to approve a jersey design, is this a tacit admission that a certain red-and-black wearing club won't be in the next expansion round???
Highly, highly unlikely. Plenty of clubs have similar colour schemes - Eels/Titans/Cowboys, Roosters/Knights, previously Bulldogs/Newtown.

flippikat

Bench
Highly, highly unlikely. Plenty of clubs have similar colour schemes - Eels/Titans/Cowboys, Roosters/Knights, previously Bulldogs/Newtown.

I know - I was just being a wee bit cheeky there - it helps largely that the red is only a small part of the trim.

However, it's not the first time a sponsor's colours have made their way into a team's trim (Remember the Pepsi uniforms for Manly?)

Still, it's going to strike a few people in New Zealand as a bit odd, given that Auckland's traditional colours are blue & white - and Auckland's traditional rival in NZ sport (all codes) is the Canterbury province - and their traditional colours are red and black!

I would have preferred black, blue & white or black, green & white.. but still it's nice to see a little colour getting into the team's kit.

sheepbender

Juniors
When did the Bears wear blue?

That Jersey looks to be Red, Blue, black and white. Looks great imo.

Hahaha Id love to see you point out where the Blue is on those jerseys...

Anyway, I had my fingers crossed that they would introduce Green into their colour scheme, but got Red instead, a bit disappointed, but I spose based on the last couplo years Training gear, I shouldnt be suprised, as Red has been quite prominent..

And atleast its got some design to it, as opposed to the average jerseys we've had for the last 6 years..

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Replace the red with a dark green and the warriors have got a winner.

Is the red there purely because vodafone's logo is red?

Craegus

Juniors
Look at the sleeves. It's a dark blue on both the front and back of the home jersey.

As much as I'd like that to be true, I think that it it just the photo that makes it look blue (where the dark vertical streaks run the image looks black, where it is light it looks blue).

Status
Not open for further replies.