What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Didn't the red in the old jerseys originate from the warriors being sponsored by lion Nathan?
I think both the red and green came from DB Bitter.

file_104_20.jpg

LNZW-Retro-95-300.jpg.jpg

sheepbender

Juniors
The Under20s Warriors Jersey is a shocker... Have no idea how it represents the team at all, shouldve had another one of those designs comps..

Im liking the new Warriors jerseys, theyve finally got some design to them, could do without the red seams though, a bit off-putting..

But honestly whats all this bollocks about Vodafone influencing the colours, I dont know how anyone came up with that idea... So Vodafone has Red, so therefore if the Warriors introduce Red, it must be because Vodafone put the hard word on them... Hahaha your kidding...

When the Warriors debuted they used Blue, Green, Red and White..
When Super League came around, Blue became less prominent, and White became the main colour. Red was still there though ey... ; )
Then in 2000/01 the Warriors changed ownership, and the new owners changed the name from Auckland to New Zealand Warriors, and thought that a predominently Black kit would better represent the team, but Blue, Red and White remained.. Its only since 2003 that the kits have been Black/White or Black/Silver and boring...

So if it was Vodafone that put the hard word on them, why did they only have Red on the training kits for the last few years, rather than introducing Red at the same time for the main kits??

Goin by this logic, why didnt Lion Red get them to put Red and Yellow in the kit years ago??

Trentosaurus

Juniors
I love the red, black and white colour scheme, but I think those Warriors jerseys would look better with blue instead of red. You'd have a little bit of blue and white to represent Auckland and the black to represent New Zealand.

Nuke

Staff member
Very Rooster-like with the away, but they look good.
I can understand them getting away from using purely the national colours, but the colour scheme changing every few years is something I don't see the need for.

Personally, I liked the black and silver combination over the others (just ahead of the 2002 black-with-red-and-blue one).

gypsy

Bench
St George Bank have been a minor sponsor since the Penfolds days. They became sleeve sponsor in 1996.

the St George Bank St George Illawarra Dragons. Just rolls of the tongue ;-)
Good sponsors, and it looks better on the jersey than the green Integral Energy one from about a decade ago.

I like the Warriors jerseys but for some reason the club going with the corporate colours of Vodafone just does sit right with me. It's almost like the ultimate sell out changing your whole club colours to that of your sponsor.
I just wish the Warriors would stick a set of colours once and for all. Thought the black and sliver was a good combination.

gypsy

Bench
I like the Warriors jerseys but for some reason the club going with the corporate colours of Vodafone just does sit right with me. It's almost like the ultimate sell out changing your whole club colours to that of your sponsor.
I just wish the Warriors would stick a set of colours once and for all. Thought the black and sliver was a good combination.

The Vodafone Warriors. It is a bit of a sell out, but at least they have been a solid sponsor.
How long have they sponsored the warriors?

Unlike Sanyo....it was funny hearing Gus constantly call them the Sanyo Panthers, only to be left a few weeks later.

Zigwaa

Bench
The Vodafone Warriors. It is a bit of a sell out, but at least they have been a solid sponsor.

Unlike Sanyo....it was funny hearing Gus constantly call them the Sanyo Panthers, only to be left a few weeks later.

The company was sold to Panasonic.

Saint Doc

Coach
St.george Bank: 18 years on the red v jersey including 12 years on the front.

Only 4 sponsors of the red V in what will be almost 40 years

Penfolds 19 years
Newmans 3 years
Integral Energy 5 years
St.george bank 12 years

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Uhm, the company won't exist beyond April. Not the Panthers' choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.