What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von

Juniors
There is no end to the type of sponsors on jerseys these days.
The walking billboards continue....

PARRA_FAN

Coach
At least the Pirtek sponsor suits the jumper.

Souths away jumper looks more like a training shirt. Looks a bit similar to their sevens jumper in 1995-96.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
SS12-Alternate-Jersey-Front-89bb8bac-cfe7-4a89-b1f0-677de60a6596.jpg

That alternate is pointless... Although it has a Portugal football feel to it..
images

nqcowboy87

Bench
that souths jersey looks kinda stupid, and im not particularly sold on the whole afex sponsor taking up the manufactures spot

At least the Pirtek sponsor suits the jumper.

Souths away jumper looks more like a training shirt. Looks a bit similar to their sevens jumper in 1995-96.

Yeah was thinking the same thing. Don't mind the alternative Souths jersey though, different at least.

Here's the Seven's jersey that you were talking about?

south-sydney-rabbitohs-alternative-away-rugby-shirt-1995-to-1997-s_1573_1_500x400.jpg

Zigwaa

Bench
I like the away jersey.

Not too keen on the alternate jersey though. As we don't play Canberra away this year I don't think we'll even wear it?

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
26f1e.gif

SS12-Alternate-Jersey-Front-89bb8bac-cfe7-4a89-b1f0-677de60a6596.jpg

Home, away, alternate??? Why so many?

Unlike other clubs where the main reason for the away jersey is to prevent a clash on jumpers, this is not the case with the Rabbitohs. Rabbitohs always wear black panels at home and panels white away (or the other way around, I can't remember which way it is).

They need a alternative jersey in case they clash with another NRL club.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There's an irony about a Tigers fan (a club who used FIVE jerseys in 2011) asking why Souths are daring to have three (which will no doubt become four with a heritage strip).

For what it's worth, they'll only wear it at home against Canberra I think.

Saint Doc

Coach
There's an irony about a Tigers fan (a club who used FIVE jerseys in 2011) asking why Souths are daring to have three (which will no doubt become four with a heritage strip).

I don't think so it has the "away" sponsor in it.

More likely they'll just throw it in against a dark team, like NZ, panthers, cowboys etc

sheepbender

Juniors
k.jpg

Man I hope so, that is beautiful, why isnt that the Home jersey!!! Ive already set aside money for that..wow...

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Why? We should wear our alternate against them if they're at home.

If the rabbitohs were smart they'd ditch the panels altogether and just have the cardinal and Myrtle* hoops**.
They can still alternate sponsors, which is a good idea.

* Souths posh way of saying red and green.

** Not stripes, hoops.

Panfas

Juniors
It was Panasonic's choice not to take over the sponsorship though. Love the apologetic nature for the the Panthers management's ineptitude...
The Panthers had the sponsorship agreement with Sanyo, not Panasonic. Just because Panasonic has bought and absorbed Sanyo, doesnt mean they take in all of their sponsorship agreements. Do you see Panasonic sponsoring GWS also? ummm, no you dont

Status
Not open for further replies.