What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LineBall

Juniors
If they're going to do a heritage at least make sure it's done correctly. The sleeves are incorrect. On the original they were horizontal... It's not rocket surgery.

Craigie%2cOwen%20972_220854_p.jpg

Nor is it Brain Science....

Zigwaa

Bench
Knights Away jersey looks good. Too bad they're stuck with the Home jersey for 2 more seasons. Does the sponsors say "Hunter Sports" or "Hunter Ports"?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The only way we could stuff that away jersey is by putting white shorts with it. Put blue shorts with red and white down the side ... cheering :cool:

timka4

Bench
Prefer last year's heritage jersey tbph. Out of the three, I actually prefer the away one ...
I loved our heritage jersey that we have used in the past years.
The collars and the sleeves on this new jersey just does not work

Saint Doc

Coach
Heritage jersey looks like a cheap best and less rip off

Done well it could be really good.

Knights away and Souths alternate are very soccer styled IMO

sheepbender

Juniors
Red Bull owns a team in the MLS in the states, so naturally their colours are red bull's.

Thats the only one I really know of

Yea that wouldve been the only team I would have put forward along with Red Bull Salzburg from Austria..

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If you wear your alternate (black jersey & shorts) against their home strip (black panels and shorts), then they're going to rule a clash.

The key difference between Souths' jerseys isn't just the panels - they wear the shorts by which ever colour the panel is - black or white - which provides a much greater contrast.

Wtf? We wear our black jersey so that the greens don't clash yet because of the black panels souths have to wear another jersey entirely?:crazy::crazy: here's a tip souths:
Get rid of the panels. How many teams have black in their jersey? How many white? Pretty much every team is going to clash with the rabbletohs panels. So f**k them off and wear red and green hoops like you have for the last 100 or so years, minties era aside.

On the Newcastle jersey: if a player looks shit house wearing them what chance does Joe blow with the bear gut and stick arms have? What's with the collar? either have a collar or don't have one. The away jersey is ok.

innsaneink

Referee
Says the two team hero.
"Go the BullDrags"

Two heritage jerseys each year will always put us above others....quite obvious I wouldve thought :roll:
We only use 4 so quit ur crap

There's an irony about a Tigers fan (a club who used FIVE jerseys in 2011) asking why Souths are daring to have three (which will no doubt become four with a heritage strip).

For what it's worth, they'll only wear it at home against Canberra I think.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
As an aside, have the Broncos actually released their away jersey yet? Is it still going to be the reverse of the home strip?

Knightmare

Coach
Red Bull owns a team in the MLS in the states, so naturally their colours are red bull's.

Thats the only one I really know of

In Formula 1, Lotus were sponsored by Gold Leaf tobacco from 1968-71 and so their cars sported red and gold livery. Then from 1972-86, John Player Special were their major sponsor and the cars were all black with gold writing on them. Those cars looked awesome, especially when a certain Brazilian driver with a bright yellow helmet was at the wheel ;-) Then from 1987-90 Camel took over and the cars were yellow with blue font on them.

Likewise, McLaren had Marlboro as their major sponsor from 1974-96 and the cars had the same pattern and colours as the cigarette packs. Then in 1997 West became their major sponsor and so the cars became black, red and silver.

Other teams to change their colours in accordance with sponsors include Williams, Red Bull (der!) and the (now defunct) BAR team.

innsaneink

Referee
Unlike other clubs where the main reason for the away jersey is to prevent a clash on jumpers, this is not the case with the Rabbitohs. Rabbitohs always wear black panels at home and panels white away (or the other way around, I can't remember which way it is).

They need a alternative jersey in case they clash with another NRL club.

Thank you....nice to recieve a non snide, sarcastic reply to a simple question, I always thought 'away' & 'alternate' were basically the same thing.

Knightmare

Coach
As for that Knights heritage one- they have simply taken the jersey from Newcastle's other team and changed the breast badges. Instead of making the sleeve stripes horizontal (like they actually were) ISC have taken a short-cut and the Knights have okay-ed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts