What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They haven't confirmed one yet, Hostplus seem to be all over the training gear but there's not yet any announcement about who will take over from Sanyo.

Tigers pre-season strip:

image.php

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=22187

innsaneink

Referee
My initial point was I couldnt understand Souths alternate & away....I always thought alternate was just another term for away.
Clarified.
Being in a somewhat unique situation where one club eveolved from two (with their own seperate heritage) ....its not like we have more than other clubs, we have two coz we come from two. Though I'm now of the opinion were old enough now - over a decade with a comp in the pocket, to use our initial 2000 WTs jumpers as our heritage designs

Pink...well everyone does pink, its not like its a clubs desire, its a charity round.

That said weve just launched a yellow thing. Now flogging a training top

00015160-image.jpg

innsaneink

Referee
WESTS TIGERS LAUNCH NEW TRAINING JERSEY

25/11/2011 5:46:32 PM

Wests Tigers have today unveiled an exciting new 2012 "Eye of the Tiger" training jersey.
The distinctive jersey will be worn by the players during training and may be used during selected pre-season trial matches in February.
Brett Clarke, General Manager of Sales and Marketing, said the Club chose the training jersey for a variety of reasons.
"With the increasing use of GPS devices at training, we needed to develop a training jersey that could hold the GPS units without the players being required to wear restrictive vests. To this end, each players training jersey will feature a cradle for their GPS unit.
"Another key factor in the design was to utilise a colour for the summer months when it is too hot to train or play in darker strips,'' Clarke said.
"The Club already has a white jersey and we did not want to retail another white jersey.

00015160-image.jpg

file.php

"Each season, we have changed training apparel with recent years featuring colours including blue, green, yellow and pink .
"Producing apparel in non-traditional colours is nothing new for Wests Tigers, in fact we have had a different colour every year for the past four seasons, however this season we have decided to retail the jersey given the fact that the players will be wearing the item at an increasing number of training sessions.
"This is the first time in many years Wests Tigers have retailed the training jersey. We have already taken a number of pre-orders for the training jersey since it first appeared on weststigers.com.au this morning.
"This jersey is not designed to replace any of our current jerseys and is designed for training purposes. We remain committed to our playing kits featuring our club colours for the long term.
With Wests Tigers increasing partnership with the Children's Cancer Institute of Australia, the new jersey will also support the charity's Gold Ribbon program by donating $5 from every ‘Eye of the Tiger’ jersey to the CCIA.
"We are very proud of our partnership with the CCIA as evidenced by our announcement earlier in the week that our season launch will raise funds for the great cause,’’ Clarke said.
"The release of this jersey is just another way we as a club and as supporters can contribute to the CCIA's Gold Ribbon campaign.”
Supporters can now pre-order this great new jersey with expected delivery around early December.
Cost of the jersey is $150 (Mens), $100 (Ladies) and $100 (Youth).

http://www.weststigers.com.au/defau...title=wests-tigers-launch-new-training-jersey

Nuke

Staff member
The 2001 jersey from memory was a superleague-style v formation, wasn't it?

I don't see either how this jersey in a snapshot pays tribute to their 25 years.

You can't see anything in this jersey that pays tribute to the Knights 25yr history? Really?

Main part of the jersey - 1997 premiership jersey:
413846-darren-albert.jpg

Sleeves (Ben Kennedy seems to show it best in this photo) - 2001 premiership jersey:
1001cl_newc_ft.jpg

The vertical stripes are an obvious reference to 1997's premiership, while the sleeves are (I believe) a less obvious way to get 2001's premiership jersey incorporated into this heritage jersey.

beagle

Juniors
Regarding the Telstra Premiership logo, all of the jerseys posted here have the current logo, and all of the jerseys on the jerseys.com.au Facebook page have the same logo. Looks like they are not changing it, why would ISC etc send new jerseys to retailers with the wrong logo?

Does anyone actually know if it is changing? (Timmah seems to be up to date on these type of things). Did it only change for the finals series ?

I haven't purchased a jersey for a few years, and I don't want to buy a 2012 jersey only to find out that the logo has changed.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's a confusing one.

The NRL used the new style logo for the finals series in 2011 and it's clear by their website (particularly the draw page) that they intend to keep using the new style in 2012... (they kind of have to with Telstra's massive rebrand in September).

What I think has happened is that manufacturers and the NRL have deadlines on jersey designs for the next year (usually Aug/Sep of the year prior), and they've all gone into approval and production with the 2007-2011 logo on them, and maybe we'll see the new logo on 2013 and beyond jerseys?

That all said, the Manly premiership jersey that's on sale at the moment through various channels has the new GF logo on the chest, so how is it so hard for it to change next year?

In short - I have NFI.

ashton

Juniors
You can't see anything in this jersey that pays tribute to the Knights 25yr history? Really?

Main part of the jersey - 1997 premiership jersey:
413846-darren-albert.jpg

Sleeves (Ben Kennedy seems to show it best in this photo) - 2001 premiership jersey:
1001cl_newc_ft.jpg

The vertical stripes are an obvious reference to 1997's premiership, while the sleeves are (I believe) a less obvious way to get 2001's premiership jersey incorporated into this heritage jersey.

Wasn,t Robbie O Davis strong that day 1997 grand final, he scored two tries.
About 6 months later we found out why.

roofromoz

First Grade
@Nuke - the point I was trying to make was overall across the 25 years with the various designs, but if the aim is to commemorate the 2 premiership years, than I can see it a bit.

My guess, there is a "Telstra Premiership" shield and a "Telstra Finals" sheild. The finals shield is used on advertising etc in the finals, whereas the premiership shield is used for all things football.

beave

Coach
I still can't believe Parra lost that GF, one of the best teams I have ever seen in the regular season and they fell to pieces when it mattered. I lived in Rouse Hill during that period and had a 2nd job working at the Castle Hill tav, the lads I worked with were all mad eels fans and i tagged along with them to a heap of games that year, they were a pleasure to watch.

franklin2323

Immortal
But for Penrith fans I have to ask, why has no-one kicked up a stink about your jumpers.
Plenty have. There was a poll about 90% of people want the 91 as the current style. Just change the colours & it fits. I want a jersey design & stick with it. The teal debacle last season was a disgrace. (offical alternate jersey not used. Despite being the only jersey sold in rebel) makes it hard to identify the Panthers unless your a fan.

franklin2323

Immortal
Who is penrith major sponsor ?? Host plus ?

Not announced yet. Hostplus only were meant to be for the off-season however the black training gear (winter) has hostplus on it.

Abcoe gone. SEW EURODRIVE has taken over the hat & membership sponsorship. So jumped from Parra??

RL1908

Bench
All this talk about home, away, main and alternate jerseys does my head in.

If the NRL (or whoever decides these things) had juristiction over International games then either the Kiwis or the Kangaroos would have to come up with an alternate jumper for their games against each other. But they don't, so both teams run out in pretty dark strips, and the world doesn't come to an end.

Manly v Dragons at Brookvale 1978 - white vs white >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4oWgqVnGU

Canterbury v Dragons at SCG 1976 - white vs white >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUhGMgD5yH4&NR=1

beagle

Juniors
It's a confusing one.

The NRL used the new style logo for the finals series in 2011 and it's clear by their website (particularly the draw page) that they intend to keep using the new style in 2012... (they kind of have to with Telstra's massive rebrand in September).

What I think has happened is that manufacturers and the NRL have deadlines on jersey designs for the next year (usually Aug/Sep of the year prior), and they've all gone into approval and production with the 2007-2011 logo on them, and maybe we'll see the new logo on 2013 and beyond jerseys?

That all said, the Manly premiership jersey that's on sale at the moment through various channels has the new GF logo on the chest, so how is it so hard for it to change next year?

In short - I have NFI.

I have seen that Manly jersey with the new style logo.

If the teams on field jerseys have the new logo next year, the manufacturers might include that on any further jerseys they make.

sheepbender

Juniors
Forget the debate about the new Telstra logo, the main NRL page, theres no evidence of it... I think we should just have team coloured specific logos like the Super League did..

nrl_premiership_colour_logos_by_sheepbender-d4hesb9.png

Thoughts..??

I would rather everyone just uses the NRL logo on the jersey, not the Telstra Premiership one. If they desperately need to put Telstra on there somewhere, then do what they did in the early 2000's and put it above the NRL logo.

Alex28

Coach
Great, even the jersey thread isn't immune from trolling it seems.

Alex, considering how amateur the knights have been off the field since inception, I think it's pretty rich that you are having a dig at Penrith. In this current climate, companies companies just have a spare $500k-mil laying around to carry on sponsorship of a major football team they have no obligation to carry on with??? I think you are being a little harsh............

We arent talking about any old company here. We are talking about one of the biggest electronics companies in the world. $500K would be nothing to their marketing budget and they decided against it.

Say all you want about the Knights. At the rate they are going the Panthers club business might be in huge trouble very soon. I'm a lot more comfortable about our future over theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.