What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

God-King Dean

Immortal
If I was a Tigers fan these how I'd have it:

Home.
NRL+Rd+10+Wests+Tigers+v+Rabbitohs+hYEd8YfwI0Ll.jpg

Away.
lote_magpiestrip.jpg

The rest are awful.

Lambretta

First Grade
The SMH had Lotti Tuqiri at a school wearing the yellow / orange / black and white tiger stripe shoulder splat abomination and it was quoted as saying "sporting the Tigers new strip" - so maybe it is their kit.

It's f**king awful - truly, truly awful

The Tigers home kit last season looked like a council workers high visability vest. This latest thing looks like a pile of vomit.

The Wests Tigers kits that looked great

4.jpg

(and the Gold reverse one)

Plus the yellow and black hoops and the black and white hoops already shown above.
Simple designs or designs that are variations of traditional ones. That's the way to go and that's what the supporters want to wear.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As said COUNTLESS times above, it is a training strip which will only be worn in the pre-season.

Juniors
lol. Training gear. All your clubs have them.

Haven't figured out the idea behind yellow though, probably manufacturers idea

FWIW, we changed our jerseys last year, aren't we locked in for at least another season? Regardless of whether the club wanted to change or not

I recall reading they're yellow to help reduce the impact of the sun in the hotter months of the Training and Trials.

White however would be just as effective as Yellow, why introduce a new colour is beyond me.

Danish

Referee
I think the yellow is there for the sponsor.

Meriton's colours are blue and yellow so that seems like the clear influence.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
lol. Training gear. All your clubs have them.

Haven't figured out the idea behind yellow though, probably manufacturers idea

FWIW, we changed our jerseys last year, aren't we locked in for at least another season? Regardless of whether the club wanted to change or not

I think its 3 seasons for the homes jerseys and 2 seasons for the away jerseys.

flippikat

First Grade
My fave Wests Tigers jersey was the original:

1338809.jpg

..and the alternate, with black & orange swapped around.

Sure, the jagged Vee was a bit naff.. but I think the same designs, done with classic straight-edged Vees would be awesome. :)

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
My fave Wests Tigers jersey was the original:

1338809.jpg

..and the alternate, with black & orange swapped around.

Sure, the jagged Vee was a bit naff.. but I think the same designs, done with classic straight-edged Vees would be awesome. :)
Good tackle from Woolford there :lol: in the second worst Canberra jerseys of all time (super league era jerseys being first).

Not a bad tigers strip but I do prefer the thick horizontal stripes.

I recall reading they're yellow to help reduce the impact of the sun in the hotter months of the Training and Trials.

White however would be just as effective as Yellow, why introduce a new colour is beyond me.

The training jersey is called “The Eye of the Tiger” and the yellow is the tiger’s eye colour on the WT logo.

Stagger Lee

Bench
The only thing that stops Wests being the jersey designers laughing stock is the abortions pumped out by Brisbane and Melbourne, especially away jumpers. The Broncos are too dumb to remember their colours ffs!

Would you want to remember this ... :sarcasm:

images

9k=

9k=

Last edited:

flippikat

First Grade
I could be wrong but that's what I thought it was. Perhaps it is a newish rule or the Tigers got a exception of the rule which has happened in the past with some clubs.

I think that jersey was so godawful that it forced an exception to the 3-year rule :)

Hoggy

Bench
Much better by Newcastle.

I saw someone quoted Loudstrat before saying that Brisbane and Melbourne pumped out abortions of away jerseys...whilst I agree that Brisbane are rotten and look like Tottenham Hotspur, our away jersey is quality at the moment, and far better than the home one.

Status
Not open for further replies.