What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuke

Staff member
I'm not liking the white side panel on the Knights 'alternate' shorts posted above. Should be blue shorts with a solid red side panel.

Lambretta

First Grade
Thats a great away jersey by the Knights - that looks really good and the club should sell a truck load of those

Also I liked Brisbanes away jersey of the last few years

The mainly white affairs have often been better than the home jerseys

Lambretta

First Grade
On the subject of the "cut off V" - I actually prefer it when it's done like this

A%20Remarkable%20Career%27%20Fittler%20Jersey_SML.jpg

As the sponsors name really does properly cut it off and it looks natural

When it's the shallow V as per some of the Super League jerseys it looks too squashed in and all wrong

I really hope the Roosters go back to have an alternative home strip with hoops - we look best when we play in the wide blue stripes like this

175546-3x2-940x627.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
Dragons 2012 in the flesh - interestingly St.George Bank appears to have relinquished back of jersey sponsorship. Currently blank.

photo-9.jpg

photo-10.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
On the subject of the "cut off V" - I actually prefer it when it's done like this

A%20Remarkable%20Career%27%20Fittler%20Jersey_SML.jpg

As the sponsors name really does properly cut it off and it looks natural

When it's the shallow V as per some of the Super League jerseys it looks too squashed in and all wrong

I really hope the Roosters go back to have an alternative home strip with hoops - we look best when we play in the wide blue stripes like this

175546-3x2-940x627.jpg
FWIW, that's what they termed their heritage jersey, not home alternate.
Dragons 2012 in the flesh - interestingly St.George Bank appears to have relinquished back of jersey sponsorship. Currently blank.

photo-9.jpg

photo-10.jpg
Cellarbrations sponsorship was 2009-11 so it's gone from the bottom, and I dare say they're opening up the top to sell as well.

I wonder how confident they are of selling both spots now the club's profile would be slightly lower without Bennett.

Saint Doc

Coach
Cellarbrations sponsorship was 2009-11 so it's gone from the bottom, and I dare say they're opening up the top to sell as well.

I wonder how confident they are of selling both spots now the club's profile would be slightly lower without Bennett.

Its been known for months that Cellarbrations wasn't returning. The rumour has been strong that Centrebet would take their spot.

However this is the first time there has been any talk of St.George not being above the number, a position they have held since 2004.

Version 6

Staff member
It could just be my eyes and the angle of the photo, but does the V look slightly more tapered than it has in previous seasons?

Nuke

Staff member
I think it's the same, but given the jersey in that photo is dangling (instead of being worn tightly on players), I think it's just an illusion.

It could just be my eyes and the angle of the photo, but does the V look slightly more tapered than it has in previous seasons?

Probably more to do with the collar changing, so the V has more white above it now. Used to by a modern V-neck, now it's a t-shirt. God I hate those collars on footy jumpers!

hellteam

First Grade
I know someone has posted a computer generated image of this jersey but not sure if anyone's posted the real thing.... it's shocking. So annoyed by it. What the hell is the point of those gold lines????

2012_QLD_State_o_4ee80d17a9e69.jpg

Did a quick photoshop... I know its shit but you get the idea. How much better does it look than the above

9px81w.jpg

Last edited:

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
SOO jerseys should be only one colour and they should be the traditional looking origin jerseys.

Knightmare

Coach
Yuck. At least the Blues jersey is an improvement on the Rugby stripes one they formerly had. Only problem with the current NSW jersey is the major sponsor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts