What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You seem to be forgetting....

early4.JPG

Why are some shorts blue and some red?

I dont know what you people have against that storm jersey. its an absolute gem. the storm always look 100% better when they include gold on their uniforms. the gold collar improves the storm's look massively. without it, they look cold and dull.

Appropriate for a Melbourne team don't you think

Lambretta

First Grade
The Roosters jersey hasn't changed from last year - not sure what all the hoopla is about...

Agreed Tim, very similar, however the back sponsor has been changed and is more integrated and there are no sleeve sponsors cluttering up the design

Last years jerseys were great and I'm glad they've improved them the only way possible by reducing / improving the advertising parts.

Canard

Immortal
Sam Stewart looks a dead ringer for Mario Fenech in that (admittedly poor quality) photo

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I remember the old tradition of swapping jerseys/shorts, particularly after finals or tests.

It's a tradition that probably stopped when a jersey had to be cut off with shears.

I remember the old tradition of swapping jerseys/shorts, particularly after finals or tests.

It's a tradition that probably stopped when a jersey had to be cut off with shears.

Yeah I used to love seeing jerseys being swapped after games, it's a shame that it's not still done. Apart from the fact that jerseys are now skin tight, is there any other reason why it's not done? Especially as players get a couple of jerseys per rep game.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Yeah I used to love seeing jerseys being swapped after games, it's a shame that it's not still done. Apart from the fact that jerseys are now skin tight, is there any other reason why it's not done? Especially as players get a couple of jerseys per rep game.

Who knows, maybe sponsors don't like it.

Canard

Immortal
Ever since the whole blood/hep b/other communicable diseases thing became a major issue its stopped being a normal thing

Smiley

Bench
I remember two players swapping jerseys after origin 3 last year.

I think it was Bird and Harrison.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
what why would sponsors care

you pay $$$$$$$$$ to have your company name on your team.
your team wins the grand final.

your teams players swap their jerseys with the losers, the losers sponsors will be on TV, and all the photos for the rest of history.

wanna sponsor them next year ?

supercharger

Juniors

your teams players swap their jerseys with the losers, the losers sponsors will be on TV, and all the photos for the rest of history.

that's just asinine

no name

Coach

That's drawing a ridiculously long bow.

Saint Doc

Coach
No it's not. The last 2 years manly and dragons players were made to remove their premiers tshirts before going on stage so sponsors got maximum publicity

no name

Coach
To say it is the reason that players don't trade gear anymore is drawing a long bow.
I think the reason players don't swap jerseys anymore is because they treasure the jersey they accomplish achievements in.
I doubt they don't swap jerseys because sponsors say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts