What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

Certainly two teams may crack 25,000 in 2012 with 4 hitting 20,000. This is all new time record. Could be better have new team in 2013 with new tv rights. Oh come on NRL CEO, please give another team in! Reds and CCB will do.

Predicted totals

1. Souths: 25,891
2. Dragons: 25,120
3. Knights: 24,500
4. Broncos: 23,910

Saintsified

Bench
People are holding back a little at Saints not knowing what games a where next year due to gong stadium damage. once they know i expect it to rise rapidly 25k plus for sure.

Billythekid

First Grade
Some great numbers including from some teams who underperformed a bit last year. I'm surprised because i wasn't expecting this year to show as much growth but it looks like we may end up challenging the growth we saw last year.

Interesting that Melbourne are at the back end of the renewals given their results in 2011. Perhaps what we saw was just a peak in membership numbers in response to what occured in 2010?

Melbourne rebels wouldnt help.

It's a little bit different this year because they don't usually release their memberships till like February. In the past the storms membership drives have been very late.

I think it the storm can already have 4000 or something before christmas that would actually be alright. With the usual late push they should still beat last year.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
looks like there won't be one club under their 2011 figure

& many will be way ... way ahead . like the Knights , Broncos .. Dogs
with healthy increases from the bunnies n dragons

200K plus easily club members
maybe even 220K

F'ing great effort everyone ;-)

firechild

First Grade
looks like there won't be one club under their 2011 figure

& many will be way ... way ahead . like the Knights , Broncos .. Dogs
with healthy increases from the bunnies n dragons

200K plus easily club members
maybe even 220K

F'ing great effort everyone ;-)

A few weeks ago Manly were double their memberships from the same time last year. It seems the membership number isn't being updated frequently either, it's been the same for the last week.

Evenflow

Bench
Interesting that Melbourne are at the back end of the renewals given their results in 2011. Perhaps what we saw was just a peak in membership numbers in response to what occured in 2010?

By the time official membership numbers close (which is all that counts) the club will have surpassed this years numbers without any doubt. In our group of 6 none of us have renewed yet and have never done so before xmas except for our inaugural year. I'm sure there's many more people that do exactly the same thing as well so 3000 atm is fine, especially given this time last year we had a grand total of zero members.

firechild

First Grade
By the time official membership numbers close (which is all that counts) the club will have surpassed this years numbers without any doubt. In our group of 6 none of us have renewed yet and have never done so before xmas except for our inaugural year. I'm sure there's many more people that do exactly the same thing as well so 3000 atm is fine, especially given this time last year we had a grand total of zero members.

Fair enough. Is there a reason they traditionally start the membership drive so late? Does it coincide with the AFL membership release possibly, meaning that Victorians are more used to buying their membership at the beginning of the year?

Billythekid

First Grade
Fair enough. Is there a reason they traditionally start the membership drive so late? Does it coincide with the AFL membership release possibly, meaning that Victorians are more used to buying their membership at the beginning of the year?

I'm not 100% sure about this but i think the AFL clubs already started selling their memberships for next year a while ago. Especially for the big clubs it would be a nightmare trying to deal with 40-50K people either buying or renewing memberships within a month or 2.

I know this was news 7 days, but thought I would post it... I think this may deter some of the CBB QLD contingent from buying memberships.

2012 Queensland Membership change

30/11/2011 10:51:24 AM
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs wish to advise that due to scheduling of the 2012 NRL Premiership draw, which sees the Bulldogs only allocated one match in Brisbane, the Queensland Membership benefits originally advertised cannot go ahead as planned.

Instead the Bulldogs are pleased to offer the following for all 2012 QLD Bulldogs Members:

ENTITLEMENTS:
* Two (2) reserved seats for one (1) Suncorp Stadium Bulldogs Game – (Double Header)
* GA seat for one (1) ANZ Stadium home game
* All Member benefits, excluding NRL benefits and reciprocal games against Eels and Rabbitohs
* Includes postage of Membership benefits package

With Members now being offered two tickets to the Double Header at Suncorp Stadium, this offer needs to be limited to the first 750 Queensland or Northern NSW based fans, instead of the previously advertised 1500.

If you have not signed up as a 2012 Queensland Member, ensure you do it fast to secure your seat at the annual Double Header, amongst other Bulldogs Members. To sign up or for more information

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/?s=article-display&id=45468

Oh and we're at 6805. Hoping we may be able to hit 7k prior to Xmas.

Trentosaurus

Juniors
It's a pity the seats for the Bulldogs Qld memberships suck. It's a Canterbury home game and we're stuck behind the goal posts on the second level. It's a much better deal to not be a club member and buy tickets in the general sale.

Lambretta

First Grade
Roosters website still has them on 4,041 so it must be a weekly update

I got this message when buying my membership for the Roosters

Thank you for purchasing a 2012 Sydney Roosters Membership.

This message confirms your order has been successfully processed. For any orders received prior to 16th December, we guarantee your membership kit will be distributed from our office pre-Christmas. Delivery will commence from 12th December 2012.

For any orders received after 16th December, distribution will recommence on 23rd January on a fortnightly schedule.

Alternatively, if you nominated to collect your membership kit you may do so from 12th December 2012. Membership kits may be collected from Easts Leagues Club (Bronte Road entrance) between 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. Membership kits will also be available to collect at our first home game of the season at the SFS.

So they're guaranteeing to post my membership which I've just purchased AFTER next season finishes. That should be December 2011 methinks :lol:

Von

Juniors
I think you're right Lambetta.

But I must admit, I read the above and I didn't even pick up on the 2012 typo until you mentioned it.

I sure hope it is a typo. :)

MsStorm

Bench

Actually over 4,000 yesterday, but you are right, our members are always late to games and late to re-join.

LeagueNut

First Grade
The Vodafone Warriors have underlined the growing strength of their membership programme by heading off the other 15 clubs to win the NRL's membership renewal race.

The victory and the $A10,000 prize to go with it was announced by chief executive at a Vodafone Warriors members-only function at the Nation's Clubrooms at SKYCITY tonight.

When the race was closed off, the Vodafone Warriors had achieved an outstanding result by renewing almost 80 per cent of their total 2011 memberships for the coming 2012 campaign. They claimed the win just ahead of the North Queensland Cowboys.

NRL chief executive David Gallop commended the Vodafone Warriors for the work they had put into their membership programme.

"The Warriors captured the imagination of fans with their run to the grand final this year and it is great to see so many members renewing for 2012," he said.

"It's an exciting new era for the Warriors under and this is an early win the club deserves to be proud of."

Combining renewed memberships and new ones, the Vodafone Warriors' base for the 2012 season has almost equalled 2011's total membership already.

"Winning this race is a hugely significant success for us in an area where we used to finish last," said Scurrah.
Link

So there's a prize from the NRL for renewing your previous members?

Latest posts