What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

Panther_Daz

Staff member
For the first time in PDRLFC History, we have surpassed 3,000 members before
Christmas.*Brad Fittler was number 3,000 to join the Pride and is ready for an exciting 2012!
With the season drawing closer, ensure you get all your Panthers supporting friends to join the Pride today! We currently have 3,171 members.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
11,315 for the Knights. We've slowed down a bit.

Interestingly though, our membership drive started a month after most other clubs.

Von

Juniors
Christmas.*Brad Fittler was number 3,000 to join the Pride and is ready for an exciting 2012!
With the season drawing closer, ensure you get all your Panthers supporting friends to join the Pride today! We currently have 3,171 members.

Good job Penrith. The sleeping giant of the Sydney teams.

Good to see Freddie signing up...nothing wrong with having love for 2 clubs.

Von

Juniors
This and the fact that as we haven't had a leagues club to speak of providing any financial assistance meant that our club had to push memberships a little harder and a little earlier than most other clubs.

What is the story with the Leagues Club? Is it closed for good? When did this occur? Why?
Please tell.

roofromoz

First Grade

Good to see that a figure has finally been released, it appears we are the final club to do this (happy to be corrected).

AuDragon

Juniors
Broncos have slowed down markedly too...

00001882-image.jpg

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Does anyone actually know the Warriors membership numbers? I know they've renewed 90% of last year's members plus at least 1200 new memberships but no mention has been made of the actual figure, either this years or last years.

Lambretta

First Grade
Does anyone actually know the Warriors membership numbers? I know they've renewed 90% of last year's members plus at least 1200 new memberships but no mention has been made of the actual figure, either this years or last years.

Surely you should be more interested in getting your Storm membership this season mate :p

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Surely you should be more interested in getting your Storm membership this season mate :p

mmmmm..... nah. Was in one of the local stores that sells sorts merchandise near where I live in Richmond the other day, talking to the staff, they reckoned that Warriors merch almost outsells Storm stuff there, and is miles ahead of any other NRL clubs.

Lucky Roy

Juniors
What is the story with the Leagues Club? Is it closed for good? When did this occur? Why?
Please tell.

Will re-open in the new year. Basically, it has been in the wrong place forever - exhibit A being Souths Juniors. It was not a problem with the brand but more with the location. Of course, it was run into the ground, a bit like the fottball club was. Both occurred under the stewardship of the one person. A person whose heart was in the right place but didn't have a clue.

On memberships, it is ironic that the same person introduced them as a fund-raising venture, not seeing that this was the very thing that unseated him. Very easy to control the votes of a hundred or so members. Not so easy standing over fifteen or sixteen thousand with newly discovered voting rights.

As for Leagues club funding, those days are just about over. Very few of them are in a position to offer the funds they used to. Canterbury, Easts and Parra maybe but nothing like it used to be. The next club to fall over will be the one who cannot generate funds through membership (or is already technically bankrupt, as one club is).

People can LOLSouffs all they like but the fact is, they have the largest membership base and the largest income from it. All seats, with the exception of some charity versions, are at primo pricing. Mine cost $339 and is nothing special. Non ticketed membership at $90 is nearly equivalent to Newcastle's ticketed members. I know which income I'd prefer but there is obviously the Tinkler effect. He won't be taking those losses forever. Just ask Max Delmege.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Memberships are all well and good, but if the attendances aren't good, then the only thing to show for it is the fact Souths don't pay a mint to play at ANZ and that they have a pretty dressing room.

Bums on seats guarantees increased merch, F&B and other moneyspinning opportunities, particularly for charities and sponsors.

Buying a membership is a great money injection but the ideal scenario is to have them come to the games and spend more on the club and other periphery.

And that's not a go at Souths - it's business.

dgsfan

Juniors
If we're talking bums on seats...

Souths have 20,000 members, a lot of whom don't attend matches. Merge have 20,000 split over 2 areas, essentially equating to 10,000 per ground. Seem fairly similar to me.

VictoryFC

Bench
Memberships are all well and good, but if the attendances aren't good, then the only thing to show for it is the fact Souths don't pay a mint to play at ANZ and that they have a pretty dressing room.

Bums on seats guarantees increased merch, F&B and other moneyspinning opportunities, particularly for charities and sponsors.

Buying a membership is a great money injection but the ideal scenario is to have them come to the games and spend more on the club and other periphery.

True, but the membership drive is only a few years old. Will take time to really gather pace and encourage a culture of attendance.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
If we're talking bums on seats...

Souths have 20,000 members, a lot of whom don't attend matches. Merge have 20,000 split over 2 areas, essentially equating to 10,000 per ground. Seem fairly similar to me.

Would be better to do this type of exercise with ticket holders only.

H.H

Juniors
Will re-open in the new year. Basically, it has been in the wrong place forever - exhibit A being Souths Juniors. It was not a problem with the brand but more with the location. Of course, it was run into the ground, a bit like the fottball club was. Both occurred under the stewardship of the one person. A person whose heart was in the right place but didn't have a clue.

On memberships, it is ironic that the same person introduced them as a fund-raising venture, not seeing that this was the very thing that unseated him. Very easy to control the votes of a hundred or so members. Not so easy standing over fifteen or sixteen thousand with newly discovered voting rights.

As for Leagues club funding, those days are just about over. Very few of them are in a position to offer the funds they used to. Canterbury, Easts and Parra maybe but nothing like it used to be. The next club to fall over will be the one who cannot generate funds through membership (or is already technically bankrupt, as one club is).

People can LOLSouffs all they like but the fact is, they have the largest membership base and the largest income from it. All seats, with the exception of some charity versions, are at primo pricing. Mine cost $339 and is nothing special. Non ticketed membership at $90 is nearly equivalent to Newcastle's ticketed members. I know which income I'd prefer but there is obviously the Tinkler effect. He won't be taking those losses forever. Just ask Max Delmege.
Is that you Russell?

Raiderdave

First Grade

I recall it was around 8500 by June 30th last year

so if they've signed up 90% already .... they're at around 7500
which is pretty good
10K plus for sure .... maybe 12K by seasons kickoff isn't out of the question ;-)

yobbo84

Coach

I guess you can look at it this way: Memberships are about supporting the club, something Souths supporters will do until we die. Going to matches is about supporting the team - which given some of their heartless performances over the past few years can be difficult at times.

We're still averaging around the 15k per game over the past 4 or so years - which given we play 20km from our heartland and are the only team not to make the finals in this time is pretty encouraging.