What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
As a Melbourne resident (non-Storm fan) I can tell you that you might see an odd bus shelter or two, but not a lot of advertisement no.

I certainly am starting to see a lot more Storm merchandise worn around town though, I think as bad as the salary cap stuff was its really galvanised support for them in Melbourne.

As much as Im a league fan its hard for me to justify getting a membership when a) Im not a Storm Fan, b) I want attend every home game and c) I can turn up to any game at any time and get a good seat.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a membership then paying for tickets at every match?

Billythekid

First Grade
Compare the NRL's push and backing in Melbourne with the Storm
to that of the AFL's push in Gold Coast with the Suns and Western Sydney with GWS.

Sad isn't it.

Compare the AFL's tv deal with the NRL's. Sad isn't it. This isn't a dig at you btw it's just the reality of the situation we are in. You can't expend to spend like the AFL when you get payed peanuts.

Lucky Roy

Juniors
Souths now 15012. Not sure how this compares with the same time last year. A lot of belt tightening going on everywhere, but regardless, that figure is a lot of money in the bank.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
Souths now 15012. Not sure how this compares with the same time last year. A lot of belt tightening going on everywhere, but regardless, that figure is a lot of money in the bank.
I would love a break up of memberships by:
* living members compared to players dead relatives that Crowe bought memberships for
* celebrity's who have never been to a game
* celebritys who have never been to oz
* actual fans who bOught memberships and not rusty

CC_Roosters

First Grade

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/15000-Members-Prove-Their-Passion-So-Far-for-2012.html

Slightly ahead according to the article on their website.

Broncos up to 11,704. If they don't get 20k i still think it is a disgrace.

Known totals

Souths- 15,012
Knights- 11,921
Brisbane- 11,704
Dragons- 11,638
Warriors- 8,200
Bulldogs- 7,246
Cowboys- 6,238
Manly- 5,524
Roosters- 4,331
Melbourne- 4,098
Penrtih- 3,171
Cronulla- 2,816
Tigers- unknown
Canberra- unknown
Gold Coast- unknown
Parra- unknown (c. 7k)

Thats the numbers i have managed to find so far. A shade under 99k or 56% of 2010's totals. Obviously including the unknown clubs would budge that up to maybe 120k.

manlyforever08

Juniors
Got my Manly general admission membership today. Jamie Lyon is on the membership card. Also in the pack was a keyring, lanyard and car sticker + voucher to collect member hat next year. Happy that it arrived before Christmas.

hunters

Juniors
* living members compared to players dead relatives that Crowe bought memberships for
Why? Because the total of the first 3 over the last 3 or few years totals about 10. Let's round it up to 100. So........

Saintsified

Bench
Dragons count is a little unfair at this point in time due to the fact half our games we still dont know whats happening with them so its affecting the sales im sure...once sorted we should see a major spike.

Lucky Roy

Juniors

Haters gonna hate...

Sam_the_man

First Grade
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/15000-Members-Prove-Their-Passion-So-Far-for-2012.html

Known totals

Souths- 15,012
Knights- 11,921
Brisbane- 11,704
Dragons- 11,638
Warriors- 8,200
Bulldogs- 7,246
Cowboys- 6,238
Manly- 5,524
Roosters- 4,331
Melbourne- 4,098
Penrtih- 3,171
Cronulla- 2,816
Tigers- unknown
Canberra- unknown
Gold Coast- unknown
Parra- unknown (c. 7k)

Thats the numbers i have managed to find so far. A shade under 99k or 56% of 2010's totals. Obviously including the unknown clubs would budge that up to maybe 120k.

How have you been able to confirm these numbers?

slm9

Juniors
Tigers are at 5,163 according to a comment made on the official Wests Tigers Facebook page.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors

Known totals

Souths- 15,012
Knights- 11,921
Brisbane- 11,704
Dragons- 11,638
Warriors- 8,200
Bulldogs- 7,246
Cowboys- 6,238
Manly- 5,524
Roosters- 4,331
Melbourne- 4,098
Penrtih- 3,171
Cronulla- 2,816
Tigers- unknown
Canberra- unknown
Gold Coast- unknown
Parra- unknown (c. 7k)

Parra well over 8000.

blukablu

Juniors
Found this if you want to see how teams are travelling compared to last year. Taken around late January.

ladder20012011.jpg

Last edited:

rygrco

Juniors
Souths- 15,012
Knights- 11,921
Brisbane- 11,704
Dragons- 11,638
Warriors- 8,200
Bulldogs- 7,246
Cowboys- 6,238
Manly- 5,524
Roosters- 4,331
Melbourne- 4,098
Penrtih- 3,171
Cronulla- 2,816
Tigers- unknown
Canberra- unknown
Gold Coast- unknown
Parra- unknown (c. 7k)

I got this Warriors club member email on the 7th of Dec.

Extract:
Our goal for 2012 is to reach 6,500 Members. With your support we are well on our way with almost 5,400 Members already Standing Up in 2012, but we need your help! The Stronger the Club's Membership; the Stronger the Club - help us grow even further!

I find it diffcult to fathom that 2800 members joined in 12 odd days. Also, I'm fairly positive that when the "goal" of 6500 is reached we'd see an official media release saying as much.

Lambretta

First Grade
As much as Im a league fan its hard for me to justify getting a membership when a) Im not a Storm Fan, b) I want attend every home game and c) I can turn up to any game at any time and get a good seat.

So if you go to every Storm home game, isnt it cheaper to buy a membership?

blukablu

Juniors
I got this Warriors club member email on the 7th of Dec.

Extract:

I find it diffcult to fathom that 2800 members joined in 12 odd days. Also, I'm fairly positive that when the "goal" of 6500 is reached we'd see an official media release saying as much.

I think the 6,500 target is fully ticketed member since they had about 9,000 members last year.

Latest posts