What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

cleary89

Coach
Actually pay TV, because it is delivered to paying customers via set top boxes do work like that. And considering i once had a ratings box i do know how they work. But my actual point is just because i like a sporting team dosnt mean i have to be a member to support them. Same as if i liked a political party and will vote for them dosnt mean i have to sign up as a party member to like them just as much. I am a member of a local sporting club however because they need members to survive and provide services to the community.

1. How often are broncos on fox?
2. f**k off september fan.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Uh, FOX ratings don't come from everyone's box. They also require a ratings reader like normal FTA...

H.H

Juniors
Early figures:

BEACHES
Roosters 55
Sharks 42
Manly 28
Titans 21
http://www.rugbyleague.com.au/membership/premiership/beaches.html

WEST
Bulldogs 58
Panthers 40
Eels 33
Tigers 31
http://www.rugbyleague.com.au/membership/premiership/west.html

HEAVYWEIGHTS
Dragons 67
Rabbitohs 55
Broncos 36
Knights 30
http://www.rugbyleague.com.au/membership/premiership/heavyweights.html

CITIES
Storm 35
Raiders 27
Warriors 20
Cowboys 16
http://www.rugbyleague.com.au/membership/premiership/intercity.html
Far out, is the NRL going to update these tallies? Last updated 7/02....it's now 9/02...

Have to say I've been pretty underwhelmed by the whole membership build up this year.

Smiley

Bench
http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=47051&title=broncos-cowboys-tickets-available-early-through-derby-deal

Broncos-Cowboys Tickets Available Early Through Derby Deal

BRONCOS’ fans can get in first for tickets for the opening home game against the Cowboys and become a member for the one low price.

The Broncos’ Derby Deal allows you to secure your seat for the March 9 blockbuster against the Cowboys a week before tickets go on sale for as little as $35.

Included in the price – which is just a few dollars more than the actual ticket price – are many membership benefits and some merchandise that comes with it.

The Derby Deal officially goes on sale this Monday, February 13, from 10am through all the regular Ticketek channels.

“The team can’t wait to see our home stadium full when we run out against the Cowboys next month,” said Broncos’ captain Sam Thaiday.

“This deal will give you a great taste of our membership, and once you have experienced it, you are sure to want to come back for more games.

“This is a chance to get your seat at one of the biggest games of the year a week early, as well as membership benefits of the best club in the land, and all for a tiny bit more than the cost of a normal ticket.

Prices range from $35 to $50 for Adults, with Concession and Junior pricing also available.

The Derby Deal goes on sale through Ticketek from 10am Monday February 13 until 5pm Friday February 17 at www.ticketek.com.au, at any Ticketek agency, or by phoning 132 849.

Along with a ticket to the game, supporters receive member benefits and therefore are counted as a member of the Broncos.

Additional member benefits include:
- 2012 Broncos membership car
- 2012 Broncos member bumper sticker
- 2012 Broncos member season draw magnet
- 2012 Broncos member magnetic photo frame
- Two-for-one ticket offer to a Broncos home game of your choice
- Invitation to the annual Broncos Member Day
- Member Mail subscription to receive regular updates
- 10% discount at Broncos Superstore, located at Broncos Leagues Club
- Free transport to and from the game aboard any Queensland Rail train or Brisbane Transport bus

There is an online limit of 10 tickets, so to purchase more than 10 please phone the call centre or visit an agency.

Tickets to all other Broncos home games will go on sale to the public at the following Monday, February 20, at 9am.

Seems like a dirty move to boost membership numbers.

firechild

First Grade
But it's an artificial inflation of membership numbers. It's not keeping anyone away from any other sport. It's almost a free membership for anyone who goes to the round 1 game. So no revenue, no guaranteed attendances.

thommo4pm

Coach
But it's an artificial inflation of membership numbers. It's not keeping anyone away from any other sport. It's almost a free membership for anyone who goes to the round 1 game. So no revenue, no guaranteed attendances.

Yeah I get that, but it's designed to try and say to people look what you can get if you join us as a permanent member.
That's what they are trying to do.
I couldn't care less about the actual numbers, as long as they keep going up. If Brisbane beat the Dragons it doesn't bother me, I just don't want to lose supporters to rival codes.

thommo4pm

Coach
On the Dragons membership numbers, they seemed to have jumped in the last few days. The website has us at just under 13,900 which is a jump of about 800 from the beginning of the week.
www.dragons.com.au

firechild

First Grade
If it was from Feb 25th it wouldn't be an issue, it would not be affecting anyone else. But running this during the membership battles doesn't seem right.

RWB

Bench
Sharks handed out free memberships last year during battle of the beaches... can't remember if they ended up winning it or not though?

Dread

Juniors
Sharks handed out free memberships last year during battle of the beaches... can't remember if they ended up winning it or not though?

Incorrect. Manly handed out free memberships in the Battle of the Beaches last year... but it didn't do them much good because the Sharks ended up winning anyway.

firechild

First Grade
Free non-ticketed memberships are pretty useless, they don't do much for the club. Having said that, Manly aren't handing out the free memberships this year and numbers are up again. Perhaps the free memberships are being converted into paid memberships? I would hope this is the case for any club that has given out free memberships.

RWB

Bench
Incorrect. Manly handed out free memberships in the Battle of the Beaches last year... but it didn't do them much good because the Sharks ended up winning anyway.

I thought Cronulla handed out free memberships to kids under the age of 12 last year?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Many of the clubs website counters are tracking ahead of the NRL battle numbers, must be a lag in reporting?