What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

azza29

Juniors
No but it does indicate how poorly they've addressed the issue. Surveys have put the Broncos as the number one club of any sport in Australia. They have 2,000,000 in their area. They should be getting memberships in excess of 35,000-40,000

The Broncos are at least as big as Collingwood, it's pitiful that their membership base doesn't reflect this - should be more like 70,000. Or 50,000 with a waiting list, given that Lang Park only holds so many.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Perth Red

Post Whore
Was going to get a Storm membership but they don't have any non ticketed ones available. Pretty dumb given there is a lot of Storm fans outside of Vic, NSW and Q'land!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
:D
Early figures:

BEACHES
Roosters 55
Sharks 42
Manly 28
Titans 21
http://www.rugbyleague.com.au/membership/premiership/beaches.html

WEST
Bulldogs 58
Panthers 40
Eels 33
Tigers 31
http://www.rugbyleague.com.au/membership/premiership/west.html

HEAVYWEIGHTS
Dragons 67
Rabbitohs 55
Broncos 36
Knights 30
http://www.rugbyleague.com.au/membership/premiership/heavyweights.html

CITIES
Storm 35
Raiders 27
Warriors 20
Cowboys 16
http://www.rugbyleague.com.au/membership/premiership/intercity.html

In the bag:D

My monies are on Chooks, Doggies, Warriors and Broncos

Hopefully all of the clubs can shift a few thousand each.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Broncos in the heavyweight battle?

Dragons or Rabbits easily.

hutch

First Grade
Was going to get a Storm membership but they don't have any non ticketed ones available. Pretty dumb given there is a lot of Storm fans outside of Vic, NSW and Q'land!

that does sound strange, have you tried contacting the club?

WAPAU

Juniors
I hate to be 'that' guy but that bandwagon phenomena is a Brissy/SEQLD attitude not a 'QLD'attitue. League is king up here in NQ/CQ, no one gives a flying f**k about the other 3 codes and how their travelling. You would be surprised but people up here feel pretth isolated from SEQLD and their sporting teams. QLD in origin is a different beast, though the 40% odd percent of the squad being from up here originally or play for the Cowbs probably helps in the people embracing it but even before the cowboys people up here embraced origin because there has always been a strong NQ contingent sice it started.

The Broncos really need to pull their fingers out, they should be at 20k memberships as a baseline minimum, there's 2 mil people down there FFS!

Not at all mate, that is a very fair criticism and you raise a valid point. This is a brisbane only phenomena.

Parra how much of that had to do with the super league stuff though. I dont know the crowd numbers off hand but the feeling in brisbane at the time was certainly that the broncos were the fashionable team to support for the 'casual' fans.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Parra how much of that had to do with the super league stuff though. I dont know the crowd numbers off hand but the feeling in brisbane at the time was certainly that the broncos were the fashionable team to support for the 'casual' fans.

And that's where you are wrong, the Broncos were not the fashionable team during that time, far from it.

1993. 43200
1994. 37705
1995. 35902
1096. 23712
1997. 19298
1998. 20073
1999. 22763
2000. 21239
2001. 19710
2002. 20131
2003. 24326
2004. 28667
2005. 30331

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/brisbane.html

thommo4pm

Coach
Broncos ahead of the Dragons by 6.
Roosters easily winning their group. Bulldogs the only team over 100 in their group.

WAPAU

Juniors
And that's where you are wrong, the Broncos were not the fashionable team during that time, far from it.

1993. 43200
1994. 37705
1995. 35902
1096. 23712
1997. 19298
1998. 20073
1999. 22763
2000. 21239
2001. 19710
2002. 20131
2003. 24326
2004. 28667
2005. 30331

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/brisbane.html

I know you think everything I say is shit, but superleague had other effects you fail to take into account namely the large opposition crowds at broncos games. In that year many of the sydney teams wouldn't have got to play the broncos and therefore the expat fans living in brisbane wouldn't have gone to games.

Regardless though, I still stick by my point about the casual fans in brisbane. Look at broncos crowds from the early-mid 90's compared to later. Once the the buzz wore off a bit the crowds dropped.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I know you think everything I say is shit, but superleague had other effects you fail to take into account namely the large opposition crowds at broncos games. In that year many of the sydney teams wouldn't have got to play the broncos and therefore the expat fans living in brisbane wouldn't have gone to games.

Regardless though, I still stick by my point about the casual fans in brisbane. Look at broncos crowds from the early-mid 90's compared to later. Once the the buzz wore off a bit the crowds dropped.

7 years eh?

busterc

Juniors
I find it amazing that people still equate club membership and crowd numbers with popularity. I am, and so too are all my family, massive Bronco fans. I have an 80inch plasma with surround sound, cinema seating, fully stocked bar in the next room and my own toilet. I pay over $100 a month for foxtel and have a tight budget. Why the hell would i pay to go to a game? I see more, hear more, drink more, am more comfortable, pee in my own toilet and can watch a movie when the game's finished. Does that mean i like my club any less that the guy who paid for a membership so he can get a free cap???? Teams might have 10K, 20k, or 50k go to the game and they might have 20k members. But there are a couple of million people watching on TV. Whats the real measure of popularity??

Smiley

Bench
I find it amazing that people still equate club membership and crowd numbers with popularity. I am, and so too are all my family, massive Bronco fans. I have an 80inch plasma with surround sound, cinema seating, fully stocked bar in the next room and my own toilet. I pay over $100 a month for foxtel and have a tight budget. Why the hell would i pay to go to a game? I see more, hear more, drink more, am more comfortable, pee in my own toilet and can watch a movie when the game's finished. Does that mean i like my club any less that the guy who paid for a membership so he can get a free cap???? Teams might have 10K, 20k, or 50k go to the game and they might have 20k members. But there are a couple of million people watching on TV. Whats the real measure of popularity??

You should still buy a non-ticketed membership to support the club.

juro

Bench
If you are that big a fan but prefer to watch at home, fine. Just get a non-ticketed membership...

yobbo84

Coach
Souths have just passed 18k - we'll need a good start to the season if we are to reach our goal of 22k.

Western_Eel

Juniors

I dont understand your point, every team is like that, you do well you have support you play like shit no one turns up

Latest posts