What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

WAPAU

Juniors
Seems we have discovered the QLD Reds (union) sudden increase in membership numbers. According to an article on Reds fan day in Sunday Mail, all juniors receive a 'membership' pack when they sign on for a junior club.

Given the head of the Reds is an ex AFL guy, this must be a commen ploy used by AFL clubs as well.

Are you suggesting that the number of reds members is inflated due to them supposedly handing out free memberships to juniors when they signed up?

Because if you are suggesting that you are mistaken. Juniors may have received a membership pack similar to AFL's auskick pack, but the reds are not counting these in their membership tally.

The reds 27 thousand odd members are pretty much all proper paying members, and a sizeable chunk are also season ticket holders.

Pretty much? They're either paying members or they're not.

The Tah(d)s only have something like 8,000 members. It's hard to believe, even taking into consideration the fact that Queenslanders will jump on any winning bandwagon going, that there would be such a difference between the two.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Updated today

Battle of Heavyweights
Knights 1116
Broncos 981
Rabbtitohs 863
Dragons 875

Battle of Beaches
Roosters 590
Manly 536
Sharks 414
Titans 325

Battle of West
Eels 722
Bulldogs 679
Panthers 503
Tigers 468

Inter-city Showdown
Storm 543
Cowboys 487
Raiders 479
Warriors 445
Fk yes! And just to think Souffs were nearly equal with us. They've run out of fans eh? :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For reference, Dragons are above Souths in Battle of the Heavyweights.

beave

Coach
I seriously hope we signed up more than 200 members over the weekend in Mackay, I am a little disappointed at our numbers thus far in this little rivalry comp.

Kudos to the knights, they are really showing the way.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Very proud that the Roosters are leading the battle of the beaches and have gotten more members in their battle than two other clubs in the West and all the clubs in the Inter-City group

Billythekid

First Grade
Newcastles membership growth is astounding and really shows how important the hunter region is to RL. There is such huge potential here and it's an area the AFL can never touch.

RWB

Bench
All clubs should be required to announce updates in this way...

422430_155705534548095_151977048254277_200739_375899212_n.jpg

H.H

Juniors
Looks like that's at Campbelltown? If so, must've sold about 60 odd memberships on the night which is alright .

They'll need to get their wheels on though if they want to reach their target of 11k.

Anyone got a full membership table update?

WAPAU

Juniors
Pretty much? They're either paying members or they're not.

The Tah(d)s only have something like 8,000 members. It's hard to believe, even taking into consideration the fact that Queenslanders will jump on any winning bandwagon going, that there would be such a difference between the two.

The tahs only have 8 thousand odd because they represent everything bad about rugby and have little support outside the small inbred sydney rugby community.

The reds are innovative as f**k, they had a bunch of islander kids doing a flashmob dance in the mall the other day to launch their new juniors program. With the membership pack they sent out one of those my family bumper stickers illustrating different personalities in the reds team. The membership package is reasonably priced and at the best stadium in Australia and the reds play exciting football. And Brisbane loves a bandwagon. I dont expect them to crack 30 thousand before the start of the season but they will get there eventually - especially if they look like they will make the finals as people will become members so they get first pick at finals tickets.

As I said before - I cant stand AFL but they know how to run a membership campaign and get people connecting with the team. 2 years ago reds membership was around 5-7 thousand I think, they hired a CEO with an AFL background and the rest they say is history.

WAPAU

Juniors
Knights are doing really well this season membership wise. Shows what a change in attitude can do for club.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I seriously hope we signed up more than 200 members over the weekend in Mackay, I am a little disappointed at our numbers thus far in this little rivalry comp.

Kudos to the knights, they are really showing the way.
It's easy when you've got the best coach, all the money and an awesome stadium :p

All clubs should be required to announce updates in this way...

422430_155705534548095_151977048254277_200739_375899212_n.jpg
I approve of this theory.

Von

Juniors
Wests Tigers have announced a 1 game membership for Round 1 at Leichhardt.

Full marks to them and any club for raising more members and income, (great for the game as a whole), but to define a one game ticket as a 'membership' is a bit rich isn't it? I think the Broncos are doing the same thing? Now this is not a huge issue and I wouldn't attack any club for getting more names, but I assume such "memberships" will count in a club's "Membership Battle"?

If Wests have sold "hundreds" in one day, as Stephen humphreys has said, then it's safe to assume they will easily win the "Battle of the West". Now $10,000 is chicken feed in the whole scheme of things...the battles are more a bit of friendly rivalry, and a chance for the whole game to grow it's supporter base, but are there any clear rules with these battles or do we just count free memberships given to kids, memberships for cats and dogs, and 1 game memberships?

Your thoughts?

Tigers set to shut doors to general public for future Leichhardt fixtures
Brad Walter
February 21, 2012

WESTS TIGERS boss Stephen Humphreys believes matches at Leichhardt Oval are set to become member-only affairs as the club's round one match against Cronulla heads for a sell-out without tickets going on sale to the general public.

With huge interest in the March 4 clash, the club yesterday launched a special one-game membership package for the match and Humphreys said the sales had been phenomenal.

''We have had our biggest day of membership sales today,'' he said last night. ''We will see how they go over the next few days and if they are not all gone we will put some tickets on public sale later in the week but at this stage the response has been terrific.''

"At some point I would expect that we would have members-only fixtures at all our Leichhardt and Campbelltown games" ... Wests Tigers boss Stephen Humphreys.

Asked what Sharks supporters wanting to see the anticipated clash between Benji Marshall and Todd Carney could do if Tigers members bought all the tickets, Humphreys said: ''They'll have to watch it on Foxtel or Channel Nine.''

So far, the Tigers have about 10,000 members signed up for 2012, which is triple the amount they had two years ago, and Humphreys said he expected that figure to increase significantly before the season starts.

''I do think we are approaching that day when Leichhardt games are members only, which would be great for Wests Tigers but not so good for opposing fans,'' he said.

"We have sold out Leichhardt a few times over the last two or three years so I am really hopeful that people get that message that to avoid disappointment and guarantee their ticket membership is the way to go"

''At some point I would expect that we would have members-only fixtures at all our Leichhardt and Campbelltown games.

''Whether this one does or not we are still building towards that but I think that day will certainly come as our membership grows. This game will certainly go close, at least.''

As it stands, all reserved seating is already sold out at Leichhardt Oval for the Tigers' three matches there this season.

Unlike other stadiums, such as the SFS or ANZ Stadium, there is only one small grandstand and the majority of fans at the 18,000 capacity venue have to stand.

Humphreys said the $65 membership package was the only way fans could guarantee tickets to the match. ''Regrettably we don't get too many Sunday afternoon games at Leichhardt and here we have one for round one so there is a lot of interest in it,'' he said. ''For a modest $65 they also get a whole range of member benefits and become a paid-up, proud member of the club. We have sold hundreds of them today and the response has been terrific.

''We have sold out Leichhardt a few times over the last two or three years so I am really hopeful that people get that message that to avoid disappointment and guarantee their ticket membership is the way to go.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/tigers-set-to-shut-doors-to-general-public-for-future-leichhardt-fixtures-20120220-1tjre.html#ixzz1mytVnTYT