What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

ByRd

First Grade
I agree, it also gives them a database of new people to target for future memberships and allows more people to become aware.

yobbo84

Coach
Agreed. They're effectively charging people $65 to go to the game whilst making them aware of memberships. It's a good idea.

RWB

Bench
What about away supporters? Hypothetically speaking I don't want to have to sign up as a Tigers member just to watch my team play. This is a first as far as I'm aware so it'll be interesting to see how many away tickets they put on sale, what the NRL's policy is on it and how they will sell them... I.e just to the away clubs members or to the general public

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A bit ridiculous to freeze away fans out like that.

Especially in arguably one of the shittest grounds in the NRL (from a facilities and comfort perspective)

Eels Dude

Coach
Your thoughts?

I think it's a great idea. For my club for example, a non ticketed membership costs 70 bucks. This is effectively what the Tigers are offering doing for 5 dollars less, but throwing in a ticket to round 1 with it.

BuffaloRules

Coach

Especially in arguably one of the shittest grounds in the NRL (from a facilities and comfort perspective)

This is a storm in a teacup, and there will be plenty of tickets on sale later this week.

In the future though, this may be a reality.

So should their priority be making home fans happy who want to see games being played at Leichhardt on occasion, or making away fans happy by moving to larger grounds permanently.

Would you whinge about the Dogs doing at Belmore?

Who is being frozen out? If you want to be guaranteed a seat buy the membership and if you want to take the risk wait until general sale. Nobody is being frozen out but people like you are making an issue out of nothing.

Smart IMO I bought the 4 game membership at the Roosters a few years back then bought a ST the next season, other prospective members and fans might do the same.

What about away supporters? Hypothetically speaking I don't want to have to sign up as a Tigers member just to watch my team play. This is a first as far as I'm aware so it'll be interesting to see how many away tickets they put on sale, what the NRL's policy is on it and how they will sell them... I.e just to the away clubs members or to the general public

Tough shit on away supporters. As I said in the Wests thread the opposition should buy a limited amount, say 1,000 and that's it.

Home members should have priority, then home fans then everyone else.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This is a storm in a teacup, and there will be plenty of tickets on sale later this week.

In the future though, this may be a reality.

So should their priority be making home fans happy who want to see games being played at Leichhardt on occasion, or making away fans happy by moving to larger grounds permanently.

Would you whinge about the Dogs doing at Belmore?
Yes. As much as I'd love to not have to put up with opposition fans at a home game, I believe that fans of all clubs should have access to games.

Who is being frozen out? If you want to be guaranteed a seat buy the membership and if you want to take the risk wait until general sale. Nobody is being frozen out but people like you are making an issue out of nothing.

Smart IMO I bought the 4 game membership at the Roosters a few years back then bought a ST the next season, other prospective members and fans might do the same.
My concern is about away fans missing out though, and fair enough.

As BuffaloRules says though, these memberships won't sell out and normal ticket sales will proceed later in the week.

dgsfan

Juniors
Haha Timmah complaining then later in the post pretty much conceding it's a moot point. How did your Dragons go in the trials? Get one up over the Bunnies did ya?

Sharks fans have what, 12 home games? They have plenty of chances to see their team I'd take it a step further and say that the away fan allocation should be offered to their ST holders first.

Members need to be rewarded otherwise how else will you convince non members to join who don't see the real benefit? Early tickets for SOO, finals & GF isn't enough IMO

adamkungl

Immortal
If Tigers had 20,000 STHs would people be complaining? I honestly don't see how this is an issue.

Of course members should get priority.

i have no problem with the idea. or the premise of more members and more wests fans. its their home game.

the thing i have an issue with is purley the timing.

its a bit late to do it now isnt it? people would have already had plans in place for travel etc.

gronkathon

First Grade
LATEST NEWS ON TICKETS FOR SHARKS CLASH

21/02/2012 4:41:54 PM

Wests Tigers wish to advise the latest news on tickets for the round one blockbuster against Cronulla Sharks at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday, March 4.
The release of the $65 Wests Tigers Season Opener Membership has led to a spike in Wests Tigers Memberships, with reserved seating at Leichhardt Oval now sold exclusively to Members.
Becoming a Wests Tigers member is the best way to secure your ticket to all Wests Tigers home games.
Wests Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys said the demand had been very strong since the Season Opener Membership was launched.
“Memberships are selling strongly on the back of high interest and expectation for our 2012 season,”Humphreys said.
“We anticipate releasing a limited number of General Admission tickets for the round one clash at Leichhardt Oval to the public on Thursday.
“A priority purchase period will be provided to Wests Tigers and Sharks Members before tickets go on sale to the public.”
The plan for round one ticket release is as follows:
-Thursday, 9am: Pre-purchase window for Wests Tigers and Cronulla Sharks Members.
- Thursday, 12 noon: Remaining tickets on sale to the general public.
Supporters are encouraged to follow weststigers.com.au, Wests Tigers Twitter (@wests_tigers) and Wests Tigers Facebook (www.facebook.com/weststigers.com.au) in the next 24 hours for more information.
Cronulla supporters should follow their official website to keep up to date on information.
Wests Tigers Members will receive an email later this afternoon with information on how to access the priority purchase period window.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/?s=article-display&id=47613&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

RWB

Bench
Tough shit on away supporters. As I said in the Wests thread the opposition should buy a limited amount, say 1,000 and that's it.

Home members should have priority, then home fans then everyone else.

I agree on the point of away clubs getting a certain amount of tickets to on-sell to their members.

Personally I think clubs should only be allowed to sell 90% of their capacity to members the other 10% being sold to away club members.

In a show of appreciation away clubs who are the beneficiaries of this 10% should sell 10% of their capacity at half price in the corresponding home game.

Example
Tigers Vs Sharks at Leichardt (Sharks members allocated 10% of capacity, 2,200 tickets in this case)

Sharks Vs Tigers at Shark Park (Tigers members allocated 10% of capacity, 2,200 tickets in this case at half price)

Although it's a moot point at the moment it wont be for much longer, the smaller suburban grounds will be experiencing this sort of thing in a few years time (hopefully).

This is dare I say it the exact reason why the 16 clubs should form an association so they can discuss and agree on things like this, it shouldn't be up for the IC to decide upon.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
As a Tigers home game they should have no obligation to provide a single ticket to away supporters. If they can sell out the stadium with their own fans then good on them.

It's called home ground advantage.

dgsfan

Juniors
Don't tell Timmah that. See he's a 'Bulldogs' fan, so is technically an away supporter for Merge games. We all know why he holds his current position.

Latest posts