What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

yobbo84

Coach
Target: 20,000 Strong by Monday Night!
28 Feb 2012

The Rabbitohs are aiming for Monday night to be a record-breaking night for both attendance and Membership and you can help us get there!

Rabbitohs fans have once again been sensational in signing up as Members in season 2012. Currently the club needs just 400 more Members to hit the magical 20,000 mark. We hope to achieve this number on Monday which would mean that the Rabbitohs will not only become the first club to 20,000 Members this year, but achieve that mark in record time.

The record for the biggest Monday night football crowd was set in 2010 when the Rabbitohs took on the Bulldogs in round 4. The Round 1 blockbuster against the Sydney Roosters looks set to get close to the record mark of 30,120.

The time has come for us to march out in our Cardinal & Myrtle for the first time in 2012 and we are calling on all our 2012 Rabbitohs Members to show your support for the mighty Rabbitohs and be at the game to cheer us on.

All 2012 Ticketed Members that scan through the turnstiles at ANZ Stadium will go into the draw to win an ultimate State of Origin prize pack!

Click here for more details.

Source: http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Target-20000-Strong-by-Monday-Night.html

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Nobody but the fans care about the dick measuring contest. If clubs are wanting to paint themselves in a good light for sponsorship reasons, then go for it.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Who gives a flying what kind of membership they are.. Does anyone really think collingwood has 75000 ticketed members. Pleeeeease

I would give every leagues club member a free ticket when they pay their 6 bucks a year, then penrith would have 90000 members and Eddie would lose his shit

Raiderdave

First Grade
Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Who gives a flying what kind of membership they are.. Does anyone really think collingwood has 75000 ticketed members. Pleeeeease

I would give every leagues club member a free ticket when they pay their 6 bucks a year, then penrith would have 90000 members and Eddie would lose his shit

I read the afl now tally their non ticketed and ticketed together which they didn't previously do, so guaranteed "growth" will be reported. The swans, giants and lions are really struggling. The Lions especially have had there crowds and memberships decimated since the Suns entered, coincidence or not?

Von

Juniors

Well said!!

Lambretta

First Grade
I read the afl now tally their non ticketed and ticketed together which they didn't previously do, so guaranteed "growth" will be reported. The swans, giants and lions are really struggling. The Lions especially have had there crowds and memberships decimated since the Suns entered, coincidence or not?

I do't think it's as much to do with the entry of the Suns, more the fact that a few years ago the Lions were one of the real powerhouses in AFL and playing in back to back Premiership games, whilst now they're pretty much a run of the mill team.

If you are constantly a top 4 team you get a truck load more members than you do if you're running 10th each season.

The incentive to become members "ie guaranteed tickets" has gone for Lions fans. The same can be said for the Swans who in the mid 2000's were a really strong force and are now unlikely to make the Finals.

The interstate clubs in AFL were all strong at the same time and West Coast, Port Power, The Swans and the Lions have all fallen into the bottom half of the table. It'll take another decade for that to swing round again.

Lambretta

First Grade

I can state for a fact that Collingwood supporters haven't got 75,000 teeth between them. The 75,000 number is a reflection of the number of heads they have between their 50,000 members.

Saintsified

Bench
Just signed up another 5 family members to ST GEORGE RED V MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM, not like they had a choice anyway hehehe.....bring it on!

Frailty

First Grade
I do't think it's as much to do with the entry of the Suns, more the fact that a few years ago the Lions were one of the real powerhouses in AFL and playing in back to back Premiership games, whilst now they're pretty much a run of the mill team.

If you are constantly a top 4 team you get a truck load more members than you do if you're running 10th each season.

The incentive to become members "ie guaranteed tickets" has gone for Lions fans. The same can be said for the Swans who in the mid 2000's were a really strong force and are now unlikely to make the Finals.

The interstate clubs in AFL were all strong at the same time and West Coast, Port Power, The Swans and the Lions have all fallen into the bottom half of the table. It'll take another decade for that to swing round again.

Where have you got this information from? The Swans have missed the finals twice in the last 10 years (2002 and 2009)? Anyone predicting them not to finish finals only reasoning is 'their players are getting on, they are due to miss out'....

I'm no AFL lover (living in Melbourne unfortunately I'm surrounded by this shit) but don't make bullshit and uninformed remarks - leave that to the goons at BigFooty.

azza29

Juniors

Difficult to say - the Lions haven't exactly had a stellar couple of seasons lately which is probably the main factor, but doubtless they will have lost a few members to the Suns.

GWS are currently at 6k - not great but not terrible, given there is no natural supporter base in Western Sydney (Gold Coast has a lot of ex-Vics) and they will probably lose 90% of their games this year.

At any rate, ticketed/non-ticketed shouldn't matter as either way it's a financial contribution to the club. A fair metric would be something like number of memberships which cost more than $50 - this would prevent pet/baby/one-game memberships messing up the totals.

Dragonwest

Juniors
GWS are currently at 6k - not great but not terrible, given there is no natural supporter base in Western Sydney (Gold Coast has a lot of ex-Vics) and they will probably lose 90% of their games this year.

From what I understand the majority of GWS memberships are 3 game packs for all the Southern Stater's living in Canberra. The sydney based membership numbers are laughable!

Raiderdave

First Grade
where the hell is our list with all clubs membership tally's NRL ?

we'd had 6 updates by this time in 2011
so far nothing in 2012

we'd better get something before the season kicks off tomorrow

at a guess this is where I think most clubs are

Souths 19500
Brisbane 18,500
Newcastle 17,500
Dragons 15,500
Bulldogs 11,500
Tigers 10,000
Parramatta 10,000
Roosters 9,000
Storm 8,500
Warriors 8,500
Manly 8,000
Cowboys 8,000
Raiders 6,500
Penrith ??
Sharks ??
Titans ??

dunno about the last 3 as its been a while .. or there hasn't been any updates at al for them
but if it was around 5K for all 3 we have about 165 to 170K members at this stage & this will grow for a while yet , so predictions for 210K members in 2012 looks to be right on the mark , thats 30K more members than 2011 ... or an increase of ova 15%

but lets get that confirmed shall we

come on NRL
spill the beans :x

Last edited:

dimitri

First Grade
From what I understand the majority of GWS memberships are 3 game packs for all the Southern Stater's living in Canberra. The sydney based membership numbers are laughable!

thats exactly what ive heard too!!!

isnt it 4 games though in canberra?