What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

CC_Roosters

First Grade
While Parra and the Bulldogs are a touch disappointing, it is important to remember that they have had bacb to back poor seasons. A good year, will push both to 20k and a good year for the likes of Penrith, Canberra etc.... will push them over 10k. The marketing and awareness of membershsips is definitely better and every club is miles ahead of where they were 3-4 years ago. But i would still say that some packages are still to expensive at the likes of the titans.

Cronulla's numbers are very ordinary

Billythekid

First Grade
While Parra and the Bulldogs are a touch disappointing, it is important to remember that they have had bacb to back poor seasons. A good year, will push both to 20k and a good year for the likes of Penrith, Canberra etc.... will push them over 10k. The marketing and awareness of membershsips is definitely better and every club is miles ahead of where they were 3-4 years ago. But i would still say that some packages are still to expensive at the likes of the titans.

Cronulla's numbers are very ordinary

Price isn't the only problem. Some clubs need to keep improving the amount of options they have for their memberships.

AuDragon

Juniors
Very good stuff from the Warriors, almost twice the numbers from last year and establishing a strong foothold in Yawnion territory!

hardbaby

Coach
Wow, what about Cronulla's figures? If the league is looking to expand, look no further. There's a franchise right there going nowhere.

Very disappointing stuff from the Bulldogs, considering how cheap their memberships are and the Des Hasler factor...

Don't worry about the Dogs what about Cronulla? They have their most talented roster since they were minor premiers and they are looking like having a good year so id have thought they'd easily be 6-7k before round 1.

Some of the 1 team town membership numbers are terrible as well.

ouwet

Bench
Very disappointing stuff from the Bulldogs, considering how cheap their memberships are and the Des Hasler factor...

It's a little disappointing however according to the Bulldogs twitter pages we've gone through the 12K mark.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
pretty poor numbers all round, IMO

Yeah, very underwhelming. Look at the Tits - obviously they sucked some serious arse last season but with a couple of high profile signings and the fact that they are in a city to themselves I have to say that 6.5K is diabolical.

yobbo84

Coach
Considering the Titans charge $615 for a Category 1 season ticket I'm surprised they have that many. Their prices are atrocious.

yobbo84

Coach
It's a little disappointing however according to the Bulldogs twitter pages we've gone through the 12K mark.

It's nothing against Bulldogs supporters - probably the most consistent team in Sydney getting people to games. But the 'Dogs membership department is obviously doing a crap-arse job if they can't sell $99 season tickets to the 20-odd thousand people they get to every game.

TheDalek079

Bench
geez the titans have poor numbers. Looks like two teams in SE Queensland is too many, so maybe they shouldn't get another?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
geez the titans have poor numbers. Looks like two teams in SE Queensland is too many, so maybe they shouldn't get another?
Agreed.

The Knights seem to be able to sustain a large membership base, while the Eagles memberships are the strongest they've been. With 7k+ already pre-signing up to the Bears, it seems to be a sound case IMO

docbrown

Coach
Agreed.

The Knights seem to be able to sustain a large membership base, while the Eagles memberships are the strongest they've been. With 7k+ already pre-signing up to the Bears, it seems to be a sound case IMO

The vast majority of Knights home attendee fans are from Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Lower Hunter and Port Stephens. Very few would travel from the Central Coast.

Again, I say this as a Knights fan. The Bears will get their crowds from the Coast and a minority of travelling Sydney based Bears fans who likely now don't go to any games. The idea that they will affect other club's averages is just nonsense and I say this as a Knights supporter.