What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

NRL

Juniors
5 errors in his last 2 games is exceptional safe football?

This. The kids a liability. When he's on, he's on, but whos gonna turn up? The superstar or the clumsy idiot? I would never pick him unless he gets a lot more consistency. This year he has no chance.

Joker's Wild

Coach
i know the knock on fergo is bad but the bloke is playing exceptional safe football
he's ready
Mate I get you want to push this blokes barrow but you cant seriously call his football safe, by any stretch. His mistake in the in goal in CvC is a prime example of why he should not be in a NSW jumper.

Id rather push Josh Morris to the wing than consider Ferguson. He is too much of a liability

Slammin_Saint89

Juniors
Ah bugger it, Ill have a go.

1.Stewart (dugan playing on one arm)
2.Hayne
3.Jennings
4.Lawrence/Jmorris (either is fine)
5.Uate
6.Carney
7.Pearce
8.Gallen
9.Farah (shits me to say it, but who else is there?!)
10. Tamau
11. Stewart
12. Sims/Williams
13. Lewis

14.Hinchcliffe
15.Mannah
16.Williams/Sims
17.Watmough

Sims is getting better with every game, would get us going forward and hurt the derplanders, as would T-rex. Hinchcliffe to be used as a utility, whether dummy half or a ball playing forward. If one of the halves go down, gulp, Hayne to 6 and Lewis to the centres. Haynes attitude has been shit this year but hopefully I'm right in thinking all he gives a shit about is origin this season. Both Stewarts can play, with Brett in great form and we need a fullback who has no trouble finding the line. Tamau is getting stronger as well, though maybe start Mannah ahead just to ease him into the origin spotlight.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Ah bugger it, Ill have a go.

1.Stewart (dugan playing on one arm)
2.Hayne
3.Jennings
4.Lawrence/Jmorris (either is fine)
5.Uate
6.Carney
7.Pearce
8.Gallen
9.Farah (shits me to say it, but who else is there?!)
10. Tamau
11. Stewart
12. Sims/Williams
13. Lewis

14.Hinchcliffe
15.Mannah
16.Williams/Sims
17.Watmough

Sims is getting better with every game, would get us going forward and hurt the derplanders, as would T-rex. Hinchcliffe to be used as a utility, whether dummy half or a ball playing forward. If one of the halves go down, gulp, Hayne to 6 and Lewis to the centres. Haynes attitude has been shit this year but hopefully I'm right in thinking all he gives a shit about is origin this season. Both Stewarts can play, with Brett in great form and we need a fullback who has no trouble finding the line. Tamau is getting stronger as well, though maybe start Mannah ahead just to ease him into the origin spotlight.

Or Farah to the halves and Hinchy to Hooker? Farah can cover halves. Keep Hayne away from the 6.

hellteam

First Grade
I'll have a crack, as a Qlder I shouldn't really want this team, because I think it is very good - but I want to see NSW pick the best team they can for once.

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Ryan Hinchliffe
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Tony Williams
17. Tariq Sims

Biggest issue is right centre. I went with Lawrence because he is probably the better player and will likely be in the team for years to come. If Hopoate didn't go on his Mormon mission NSW would be set with him at right centre.

Only two true front rowers but I don't think any of the other front rowers in contention are good enough. Watmough can play front row, and Gallen plays 80 or near it anyway.

I've picked players like Bird and Hayne, they always step up in Origin and I can't believe people are considering leaving them out. The Stewart brothers are winners and NSW need that, as many Manly players as possible might help them.

Awesome bench, massive impact. You can just tell players like Tariq Sims won't let you down (unlike his brother.... but that's another story), and you need to have him in.

Last edited:

Tigger Madness

Juniors
NSW team revision 296:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Mannah
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. James Tamou
16. Trent Merrin
17. Tariq Sims

Consider Glenn Stewart instead of Bird.

Good side. Would definitely replace Greg Bird with Glenn Stewart

Tigger Madness

Juniors
It seems most people are now picking a variation of the above side with some slight changes on the bench. Lets hope Ricky & bozo agree.

Dragon2010

First Grade
It seems most people are now picking a variation of the above side with some slight changes on the bench. Lets hope Ricky & bozo agree.

Not likely. Knowing Ricky he will do the dumbest selections and say "X person is Origin" I'm hopeful Sticky picks the above team but his arrogance will get the best of him. He will pick the team he likes and the players he loves rather then the ones who will get the job done.

We need a clean out big time. Let's just hope he gets it right and picks the above team. Maybe we should eMail it to Sticky and say "This is how you pick a team".

analyst

Juniors
Breaking news: NSW now have the advantage since Kurt Gidley will not play, odds now have NSW as favourites!!!.

Chainshada

Juniors
Queenslander, but what the hell..

1: Brett Stewart
2: Jarryd Hayne
3: Josh Morris
4: Michael Jennings
5: Akuila Uate
6: Todd Carney
7: Peter Wallace
8: Paul Gallen (c)
9: Robbie Farrah
10: James Tamou
11: Glen Stewart
12: Anthony Watmough
13: Luke Lewis

14: Tariq Sims
15: Aiden Tolman
16: Ryan Hinchcliffe
17: Tony Williams

Jason Maher

Immortal
So we appear to be reaching something pretty close to a consensus in here. Of course, it's inevitable that Sticky will come up with some mind-bendingly stupid selections instead picking the best team, so what do we think are the likely candidates this year?

Latest posts