What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

RABK

Referee
I'm sure way back in 2009/2010 we had a thread where about 30 of us named a very, very similar Origin team in the days leading up to the announcement and we were all off by about 10 players.

Prepare for mayhem.

RABK

Referee
The likely candidates to upset the order.

A Minichiello.
B Morris.
J McManus.
M King.
P Wallace.
M Ennis.
K Galloway.
M Weyman.
B Creagh.

gronkathon

First Grade
I'm sure way back in 2009/2010 we had a thread where about 30 of us named a very, very similar Origin team in the days leading up to the announcement and we were all off by about 10 players.

Prepare for mayhem.

Sigh

Alas I fear you are pulling a Nostradamus here

RABK

Referee
Anthony Minichiello
Brett Morris
Michael Jennings
Matt King
Akuila Uate
Todd Carney
Mitchell Pearce
Michael Weyman
Michael Ennis
Paul Gallen
Luke Lewis
Ben Creagh
Glenn Stewart

Josh Reynolds
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Greg Bird
Keith Galloway

In before Stuart.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
If King plays for NSW, then we have absolutely no chance. He's already been schooled by some centres at NRL level, so I'd hate to see what Inglis would do to him in Origin.

I'm also worried about Creagh being picked. He's always been an Origin dud and a pussy to boot. I remember he made like 25m in 4 runs or something like that which is absolutely pathetic. Admittedly in previous years he has been picked because of very good club form. This year thogh his club form has been ordinary, so I hope he's not one of Stuart's 'favourites'.

T.T

Juniors
The likely candidates to upset the order.

A Minichiello.
B Morris.
J McManus.
M King.
P Wallace.
M Ennis.
K Galloway.
M Weyman.
B Creagh.

i can definitely see an injured dugan or ennis being chosen
also add
-any dragons player
-ryan hoffman
-hayne at centre

Dragon2010

First Grade
Anthony Minichiello
Brett Morris
Michael Jennings
Matt King
Akuila Uate
Todd Carney
Mitchell Pearce
Michael Weyman
Michael Ennis
Paul Gallen
Luke Lewis
Ben Creagh
Glenn Stewart

Josh Reynolds
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Greg Bird
Keith Galloway

In before Stuart.

If they name that team I will seriously loose my shit and stop caring about Origin. If Stuart picks that he is seriously the biggest moron and most clueless coach on the planet.

RABK

Referee
Always knew you were a massive fan of Stuart and all his selections and policies and whining about QLD fourex.

Tweed Titan

Bench
B Stewart
Hayne
Jennings
Lawrence
Uate
Carney
Pearce
Gallen (c)
Farah
Mannah (watch him play, fast play the ball extraordinaire)
G Stewart
Bird
Lewis

Tamou
Watmough
T Rex
T Sims

18th Woods

Merrin, Hinchliffe and TLL unlucky. Luke Lewis to move into a utility role when the big boys come off the bench.

Last edited:

T.T

Juniors
i'd much rather see glen stewart at 13 then bird. unfortunately birds not really a bench player so he would have to be dropped. i think he's had his time though. needs to be moved on

hack

i can't understand these teams in this thread.

all i see is a list of players ordered in the conventional 1 to 13, 14 to 17, with absolutely no added info as to how the owner intends them to play.

f**k the 1 to 17 and conventional position crap. tell us how you intend to position play the team on the field. for example, how would you play your selected 'lock'? what are the left-side and right-side combinations? explain how you believe your team has the right balance? bear in mind the role your selected players have for their club side or whether they have played in a role you intend to give them.

this is what modern rugby league is.

for years, QLD had the right side combo of locky, thaiday, hodges, 'winger' (last year was yeo yeh), and left-side was thurston, inglis, myles/taylor, boyd. it is balanced with the bronco weekly right-side combo maintained on the right, players who played leftside for their clubs or could play leftside on the left, slater chiming in off either side, petero, scott, hannant harrison, smith, etc in the centre doing the hard yards in attack and defence.

merely picking what you think is the best NSW team list of 17 is not going to beat this QLD team. that's what the old selectors try to do and it won shit.

Last edited:

Dragon2010

First Grade
That's why it's called "2012 NSW SOO side" and not "Name and analyze the team for 2012". People can just list a team that way and in their minds they obviously think of that. Some people lack the time and capacity to be able to give a reason for each selection. If you flip through you will notice a fair few people at first did and a few still do but after a few revisions each person can't be bothered justifying each selection. The beauty of this thread is one person names a team and a few respond on it.

It's not like they are putting no thought you can't doubt some of these teams listed can be great sides and there is good some selections. It's each person opinion on who they want tk name in "their" side and if they want to elaborate or not again. It's up to the,. Each persons footy brain and knowledge is a different level on this forum and thread. Can't expect each person to select 17players and go "Well this and that and this player for this" and devise up a plan when they clearly aren't cut out for it.

T.T

Juniors
i can't understand these teams in this thread.

all i see is a list of players ordered in the conventional 1 to 13, 14 to 17, with absolutely no added info as to how the owner intends them to play.

f**k the 1 to 17 and conventional position crap. tell us how you intend to position play the team on the field. for example, how would you play your selected 'lock'? what are the left-side and right-side combinations? explain how you believe your team has the right balance? bear in mind the role your selected players have for their club side or whether they have played in a role you intend to give them.

this is what modern rugby league is.

for years, QLD had the right side combo of locky, thaiday, hodges, 'winger' (last year was yeo yeh), and left-side was thurston, inglis, myles/taylor, boyd. it is balanced with the bronco weekly right-side combo maintained on the right, players who played leftside for their clubs or could play leftside on the left, slater chiming in off either side, petero, scott, hannant harrison, smith, etc in the centre doing the hard yards in attack and defence.

merely picking what you think is the best NSW team list of 17 is not going to beat this QLD team. that's what the old selectors try to do and it won shit.

well generally 11 plays right side, 12 plays left and 13 the lock plays tight
don't see how that is any different to what your asking for.

hack

farah won't get picked for the sheer fact that he'll unsettle the structure. the bloke can't help himself getting involved in the playmaking or kicking the ball from the ruck, etc.

NSW needs a dummy half who is strong in the middle of defence, can read the play and pick the right moments to steal metres from the ruck, and otherwise be disciplined in distributing good quick ball to the left-side and right-side 1st receivers. farah doesn't have this discipline and will invariably try and take it upon himself to be a playmaker. it may appear that he's having a great game due to him being involved often but it unsettles the structure of the team.

his game compliments the tigers structure because they have only really had marshall the main reliable half, but in a rep side that will already have two picked for this role, farah will get in the way. this is why he is rarely picked.

Pazza

First Grade
B Stewart
Hayne
Jennings
Lawrence
Uate
Carney
Pearce
Gallen (c)
Farah
Mannah (watch him play, fast play the ball extraordinaire)
G Stewart
Bird
Lewis

Tamou
Watmough
T Rex
T Sims

18th Woods

Merrin, Hinchliffe and TLL unlucky. Luke Lewis to move into a utility role when the big boys come off the bench.

Mannah always lands on his elbows and knees and never gets twisted onto his back. He must be amazingly strong, also his physicality in defense has improved greatly this year! He is really putting other props on their backs this season.

Latest posts