What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Dragon2010

First Grade
Who you pick then? I see your point and it's a good one. But he's a better choice then the nuffy Ennis and obviously he tweaks his GamePlan for NSW then that he would at the tigers.

hack

well generally 11 plays right side, 12 plays left and 13 the lock plays tight
don't see how that is any different to what your asking for.

it depends on the team's personnel, achieving a balanced structure, and the strategy & tactics of their game. the number on the back means shit. a 6 can play on the right or left.

At parramatta 11 plays middle, 13 plays left and 12 plays right.

hack

Who you pick then? I see your point and it's a good one. But he's a better choice then the nuffy Ennis and obviously he tweaks his GamePlan for NSW then that he would at the tigers.

that's the conundrum Sticky finds himself in now. it's the reason why he's been on the buderus bandwagon for the last few months. it got an under performing ennis out of the squad, and meant that he didn't have to call upon farah who every man and his dog agrees would be the option other than ennis. buderus has been there, done it, and is disciplined to play to the structure.

it's one thing to tell farah to adjust his game, but it's another for the bloke to carry it out. the bloke is used to playing his way. he might be able to keep it going for a while, but farah won't be able contain himself to the type of role he will have to play for NSW and do the team thing.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart - Needs to use his ball-playing and get it to the outside men as much as he can.
2. Aku Uate - His hitups will be very handy to start. I don't want him getting too tired though and he needs some quality ball in space
3. Jarryd Hayne - He is individually brilliant and can make others look great when in form. Him and Aku could be a serious threat if they click.
4. Michael Jennings - Needs quality ball early where he can use his footwork.
5. Josh Morris - He's played on the wing enough and even for NSW before, I'm pretty sure. He's a big body like Aku, so it will be handy if he comes in field and does some hitups.
6. Todd Carney - One of his biggest strengths is making his outside men look good, so hopefully he can give them some good quality ball.
7. Mitchell Pearce - Just needs to organise and feed the ball to Carney when he's in a good position.
8. Paul Gallen - Can play 65+ minutes
9. Ryan Hinchcliffe - Let him handle the intense period at the start. He'll put his body on the line. Maybe move him to the backrow when Farah comes on, if needed.
10. James Tamou - First 20mins is crucial so we need a big body in Tamou to make some good runs.
11. Glenn Stewart - A right side of G Stewart, Hayne and Uate as well B Stewart looming up would be a very potent right edge. We probably need more ball-playing from G Stewart instead of being too conservative like he's been in previous performances, though
12. Greg Bird - Communicated well defensively last year on the left side with Pearce and Jennings, I thought. I reckon he's a threat on the left edge, as well. Always drags players with him in his runs and can hit a hole
13. Luke Lewis - He can play 80 minutes. Really enjoyed watching his defence for Australia. Rushed up quicker than everyone and was bringing down blokes 1 on 1 often. Quality player

14. Robbie Farah - I think he can be a threat from dummy half when QLD start to tire.
15. Tony Williams - Depending on fitness probably, but i'd be happy for him to come on for short bursts at the backend of both halves. Will be a massive threat on an edge if we're close to their line.
16. Anthony Watmough -I think he can come on for Tamou when he has has a spell.
17. Tariq Sims - Will be a big threat on an edge. The guy is a beast. I think he could also play up front if needed.

Ladmate

Bench
farah won't get picked for the sheer fact that he'll unsettle the structure. the bloke can't help himself getting involved in the playmaking or kicking the ball from the ruck, etc.

NSW needs a dummy half who is strong in the middle of defence, can read the play and pick the right moments to steal metres from the ruck, and otherwise be disciplined in distributing good quick ball to the left-side and right-side 1st receivers. farah doesn't have this discipline and will invariably try and take it upon himself to be a playmaker. it may appear that he's having a great game due to him being involved often but it unsettles the structure of the team.

his game compliments the tigers structure because they have only really had marshall the main reliable half, but in a rep side that will already have two picked for this role, farah will get in the way. this is why he is rarely picked.

Rubbish. If he can kick, he should kick. Farah is another playmaker which we desperately need in the spine. And Farah isn't a speedbump, at least not more than other hookers. Someone needs to watch him play a bit more before making these comments. You are stuck in 1990 where hookers pass the ball. I don't see you criticising Cameron Smith for kicking the ball so why criticise Farah? QLD run 3 playmakers and no one criticises them at all.

Spot On

Coach
i know the knock on fergo is bad but the bloke is playing exceptional safe football
he's ready

Well, NSW do have a history of picking blokes capable of massive f**k ups so it won't surprise if his name is included.

I f**king hope not though.

RABK

Referee
Tigers had absolutely nothing tonight...

except Farah. A one man band to steal that game tonight. Pick him Stuart.

Nevcost

Juniors
1. B Stewart
2. B. Morris
3. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen (c)
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. G Stewart
12. Bird
13. Lewis

14. Hayne
15. Snowden
16. T Sims
17. T Williams

RWB

Bench
13. Luke Lewis - He can play 80 minutes. Really enjoyed watching his defence for Australia. Rushed up quicker than everyone and was bringing down blokes 1 on 1 often. Quality player

This has got to be a gee up right? He was woeful in the test match and showed why he shouldn't be picked at lock for origin, his defence was killing us. A lock that rushes out of the line is never a good thing

timka4

Bench
When did it kill us? I thought he defended great for Australia in that test match. Was leading the defence from the front. He wasn't rushing at poor times either. I'd have Lewis at 13 as well

Spot On

Coach
Tim Grant was strong last night v Mlb. Second run back from injury. Has good go forward.

Jennings injured AGAIN. Surely he can be overlooked now.

Joker's Wild

Coach
This has got to be a gee up right? He was woeful in the test match and showed why he shouldn't be picked at lock for origin, his defence was killing us. A lock that rushes out of the line is never a good thing

Eyes painted on?

Lewis was great in the Anzac test and should be starting in the NSW side

gronkathon

First Grade
Woods churned out almost 200m in another top notch performance.

Galloway also made great metres from strong hitups

Dragon2010

First Grade
I wonder if Jennings will be ruled out now? Again it looks like his shoulder has pulled up tight and causing him some discomfort. Wonder if he just needs a weeks rest to pull up okay or if he's out. Guess we wait for them (Penrith) to say something.

Lewis is quality. He has to be there.

Pazza

First Grade
Aaron woods is an amazing young player but I'd like to see him with more first grade experience under his belt. I will say that the emergence of Tamou and Woods has definitely made our front row stocks a lot stronger.

Over the next couPle of years we need to filter in Tamou, Williams, Sims and Woods into the team! Along with Mannah these guys are the future of the Nsw pack and the future does look bright :D

boonboon

Juniors
Galloway was awesome for the tigers as well last night 160 meters and almost 30 tackles -all 3 tigers front rowers have stood up . I think woods needs another year just because you don't want to ruin him a year to early but Galloway should hold his spot on the bench he has been great every game this year . As a tigers supporter if only our backs were playing as well as our forwards ( except Blair he has been average) . Galloway deserves a bench spot , Farah should start, Lawrence well doesent really deserve it but if Jennings is injured he will play. Woods next year will be a star for nsw and him and tamou along with big Keithy make a great front row combo for nsw

gronkathon

First Grade
I would be happy if Woods is not picked until that worthless prick Stewart and his fat house boy Blocker are a distant memory from the Origin camp

Latest posts