What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

RABK

Referee
Hutty - Hayne and Uate should be our wingers.

Make up the centres from J Morris, Jennings and Lawrence.

I'd take Ferguson over B Morris. All i hear against fergo is that he's prone to errors, well what the f**k is Morris at rep level? With Fergo's brain explosions you at least know he has the talent and heart to try and make ammends with a brilliant individual play. With Morris he goes back to his wing and watches his team mate winger get belted bringing it out from their own end.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Hutty - Hayne and Uate should be our wingers.

Make up the centres from J Morris, Jennings and Lawrence.

I'd take Ferguson over B Morris. All i hear against fergo is that he's prone to errors, well what the f**k is Morris at rep level? With Fergo's brain explosions you at least know he has the talent and heart to try and make ammends with a brilliant individual play. With Morris he goes back to his wing and watches his team mate winger get belted bringing it out from their own end.

Hayne should be like Gal-first bloke picked. Whether or not Sticky will include him, who knows! And Morris has a lot less errors in his game than Turd Ferguson btw

The Gambler

Juniors
Could someone with an unbiased view please tell me why Tamou is so far ahead of Woods in the pecking order?
I wouldn't say he is 'far ahead in the pecking order'. Fact of the matter is, they are both great props in great form. However there are a limited amount of spots. Tamou has been around a little longer, has a bit more experience and recently played a test match.

It is just the little things giving Tamou an edge. Woods will get his chance - and he will keep a few other 'young props' out of the NSW team himself over the years.

firechild

First Grade
Well it wouldnt be a NSW team if Bozo didnt didnt sneak a Manly player in from left field.

He's better than Gidley but Id rather Hinchcliffe. Probably on par with Wade Graham.

Of course Manly being premiers and the most dominant team of the last 5 years would have nothing to do with Manly players getting picked would it? :crazy:

Ladmate

Bench
Of course Manly being premiers and the most dominant team of the last 5 years would have nothing to do with Manly players getting picked would it? :crazy:

Lets be real though, Manly players that have no business being there still get picked even when Manly don't win the premiership. Some Manly players like Watmough, Stewart, T Williams deserve it and others don't.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Lets be real though, Manly players that have no business being there still get picked even when Manly don't win the premiership. Some Manly players like Watmough, Stewart, T Williams deserve it and others don't.

And Wade Graham for example deserves the bench spot? The the only Manly name thrown into contention from left field is Buhrer.

If Ricky Stuart desperately needs someone that can fill in at hooker, plug the back-line if need be and make a few hit-ups it's really only out of Hinchcliffe, Buhrer and Wade Graham.

You can argue that none of them are are "SOO quality", but maybe all of them are good enough for a NSW bench position in 2012.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
I wouldn't say he is 'far ahead in the pecking order'. Fact of the matter is, they are both great props in great form. However there are a limited amount of spots. Tamou has been around a little longer, has a bit more experience and recently played a test match.

It is just the little things giving Tamou an edge. Woods will get his chance - and he will keep a few other 'young props' out of the NSW team himself over the years.

Fair enough.

I honesty hadnt heard much at all about Tamou before the eligibility kerfuffle earlier this year. Looking at their stats they are pretty similar with Tamou being more consistent with run metres while Woods has better tackle counts.

How long has Tamou been playing for?

Tigger Madness

Juniors

Manly will be HEAVILY represented in the NSW side, most of them deservedly so.

Putting a player in Origin just because his team has been going well has led to disaster in the past, ala Steve Turner.

Also lets not forget the Jason King and Dean Young debacle of last year :?

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Why do we have to pick a bench utility if Luke Lewis is already in the squad?

I guess Ricky wants someone that can play a bit of hooker?

My concern is the potential Lewis/Glenn Stewart and Bird in the same team. All to similar and would much rather have a few "running backrowers" than all three of those.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Pretty much everyone on here wants both stewarts, watmough and williams picked.

If Lyon was available he would be picked.

If balin, foran and dce could play for nsw they would All get picked.

Hell if matai was from nsw he'd go close too

However if Jamie buhrer gets picked it a joke.

MSIH

Bench
I've watched Stewart plenty of times, he is a good player.
In my opinion he's not the best for the job.
How dare I have an opinion different to such an obvious authority on the game.

You can have an opinion, but if you're going to post that Brett Stewart can't create anything himself and needs people to set up tries for him then I'm going to call you on how shithouse your opinion is.

betcats

Referee
Not keen on Buhrer at all, he played poorly in CvC and i just cant see what utility value he adds that isnt already in the team.

Latest posts