What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Boganater

Juniors
Does anyone really think Stuart would tell Rothfield what his plans are?

Slothfield is the last person you would discuss anything with.
The media should be made to explain their sources by law with direct quotes.
I wish Slothfield and his team of f**kheads would stop trying to influence selections.

DoggiesBroke

Juniors
Buhrer is the fastest and arguably the most skillful forward in the Manly team. Manly's backrow are very capable of dominating their QLD counterparts.

MSIH

Bench
How is he the best bet? Dugan is safe, a good support player, a decent ball player and he is a danger just by himself. If I were QLD I'd be far more worried trying to contain Dugan than Stewart. Stewart needs other people to provide opportunities to be effective, Dugan creates his own. Stewart has good positional play and is a good finisher that's it.

Why don't you at least watch Brett Stewart play a game and see what he can create?

Your post is ridiculous.

gronkathon

First Grade
Interesting because if Buhrer is picked they can just stop thinking City V Country was a trial game as he was bog average in his first rep game.

Raider_69

Post Whore
mein Buhrer is a good young player but i dont think he's SOO ready yet
i dont think he'd make much impact at all off the bench

I would favour Hinchcliffe and Graham over him for game 1. But is mein Buhrer does get the nod id accept it without complaint.

RABK

Referee
So i just learned that Buhrer is a black belt in Karate - get that up ya Thaiday. Take a cat swipe at him, i dare you.

Assuming the selectors have put a line through farah's name, I'd be running with a hooker combo of Hinchcliffe (first 30) and Peter Wallace. Despite being a little slow, Wallace has more to offer than reynolds and Buhrer. Let Hichy cop the hard start early on, and then shuffle him back into the bck row rotation.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
Well it wouldnt be a NSW team if Bozo didnt didnt sneak a Manly player in from left field.

He's better than Gidley but Id rather Hinchcliffe. Probably on par with Wade Graham.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
1 - Morris
2 - Uate
3 - Jennings
4 - Lawrence
5 - Morris
6 - Carney
7 - Pearce
8 - Gallen
9 - Farah
10 - Tamou
11 - Lewis
12 - Watmough
13 - Bird

14 - Hinchcliffe
15 - Gibbs
16 - T.Sims
17 - A.Minichiello

You have a great defending forward (gibbs) and a great attacking forward (Sims) on the bench. Hinchcliffe can cover hooker and back row, Minicheillo can cover anywhere in the backline.
The versitility of a lot of those players also means any issues with injuries that may arise, could be easily covered.

Ladmate

Bench
1 - Morris
2 - Uate
3 - Jennings
4 - Lawrence
5 - Morris
6 - Carney
7 - Pearce
8 - Gallen
9 - Farah
10 - Tamou
11 - Lewis
12 - Watmough
13 - Bird

14 - Hinchcliffe
15 - Gibbs
16 - T.Sims
17 - A.Minichiello

You have a great defending forward (gibbs) and a great attacking forward (Sims) on the bench. Hinchcliffe can cover hooker and back row, Minicheillo can cover anywhere in the backline.
The versitility of a lot of those players also means any issues with injuries that may arise, could be easily covered.

Bench is extremely weak. We would get absolutely dominated by their forwards. Two utilities is pretty strange. Brett Morris at FB...I don't know about that, I would rather Stewart.

Hutty1986

Immortal
B. Moz has too many shockers in him to play FB for the Blues. Mozza deserves a wing spot but Stewart has to be fullback.

RABK

Referee
Mozza don't deserve nothing. Anyone who even has him in their B side have NFI and should have their post moved to a troll dump thread.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
1 - Morris
2 - Uate
3 - Jennings
4 - Lawrence
5 - Morris
6 - Carney
7 - Pearce
8 - Gallen
9 - Farah
10 - Tamou
11 - Lewis
12 - Watmough
13 - Bird

14 - Hinchcliffe
15 - Gibbs
16 - T.Sims
17 - A.Minichiello

Terrible team.

One plodding prop on the the bench, the forth best fullback with the third best covering for him on the bench, Jennings who is injured....horrible team all round.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Mozza don't deserve nothing. Anyone who even has him in their B side have NFI and should have their post moved to a troll dump thread.

You were saying he was a certainty a couple of weeks ago. He admittedly had a shocker on Anzac Day but has improved significantly this year & will probably grab the left wing spot.

D

Deleted member 10972

My final side:

1. Brett Stewart - Our best bet at fullback. Is safe and is a great support player
2. Jarryd Hayne - We need gamebreakers. He is one. Doesn't matter what he is doing at Parramatta.
3. Josh Morris - With Jennings out, he gets a spot. Is a good attacking center that can punish the defense.
4. Chris Lawrence - Not in great form, but his game shines when surrounded by good players. Great defender too.
5. Akuila Uate - Best winger in the game.
6. Todd Carney - Our best 5/8 in a long time.
7. Mitchell Pearce - Best halfback option and he has improved a lot since last year.
8. Paul Gallen - Our best player and leader. Nothing needs to be said.
9. Robbie Farah - Brings a playmaker and a kicking game which we need.
10. James Tamou - A brilliant option, he brings good go-forward which we desperately need.
11. Glenn Stewart - Class, good tackler and is a nifty playmaker for his position.
12. Greg Bird - Merkin, but he always turns up for Origin.
13. Luke Lewis - In a bad Panthers team, he is their only good player. He does everything well and is only 2nd to Gallen.

14. Wade Graham - Like his value off the bench, fills a lot of positions, brings energy and a good player.
15. Tim Mannah - Still offers a lot of go forward.
16. Anthony Watmough - A great Origin player, you know we have great backrowers when Watmough is coming off the bench.
17. Tariq Sims - Impact player. At his best he can dominate Queensland.

Spot on. Only changes I would consider:

- Graham is a good player, but Hinchcliffe and Buhrer will definitely be pushing for that bench utility spot
- possibly consider Tom Learoyd-Lahrs over Tim Mannah? Mannah played last year, BUT only because TLL was injured - TLL is a proven menace at Origin level, and has tremendous impact
- we CAN afford to only have 1 prop on the bench, because Gallen plays 80. And either way, Sims (who has replaced Creagh from last year) is big and fierce enough to push into the front row if need be. Tony Williams would have had Sims spot, but his suspension cost him IMO
- yeah, Tamou got selected for Australia, but I still think there is a big question mark over him, with guys like Galloway, Snowden, Weyman, Douglas, Woods, Tolman, etc all pushing for spots too

RABK

Referee
I don't think i've ever called him a certainty. I said his club form was very good and that he might finally have turned the corner and be able to produce the goods in rep level.

Then lo and behold, city country comes and he goes back to been a pea hearted nuffy prone to brain explosions.

I sincerely hope he is nowhere near the team. I got ridiculed for saying his selection last year would cost us and it did - game 1 and ultimately and arguably the series with his brain explosion.

I'd be willing to make the same statement again if his name is read out next sunday.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I don't think i've ever called him a certainty. I said his club form was very good and that he might finally have turned the corner and be able to produce the goods in rep level.

Then lo and behold, city country comes and he goes back to been a pea hearted nuffy prone to brain explosions.

I sincerely hope he is nowhere near the team. I got ridiculed for saying his selection last year would cost us and it did - game 1 and ultimately and arguably the series with his brain explosion.

I'd be willing to make the same statement again if his name is read out next sunday.

The incredibly soft tries we conceded to lose game 1 didn't exactly help, to be fair. Who should play left wing do you reckon Jimbo?

Boganater

Juniors
Why don't you at least watch Brett Stewart play a game and see what he can create?

Your post is ridiculous.

I've watched Stewart plenty of times, he is a good player.
In my opinion he's not the best for the job.
How dare I have an opinion different to such an obvious authority on the game.

Latest posts