What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

evil_p091280

Juniors
Kind of amusing how much praise Pearce is getting now compared to 3 weeks ago

Only takes 3 decent games to get media talking you up...

I mean, the people talking up Wade Graham after 6 good games is a laugh. How about he does it for a whole season (at least).

As for Pearce, his last 3 have been v. good. But what about his previous 20???

Boganater

Juniors
My final side:

1. Brett Stewart - Our best bet at fullback. Is safe and is a great support player
How is he the best bet? Dugan is safe, a good support player, a decent ball player and he is a danger just by himself. If I were QLD I'd be far more worried trying to contain Dugan than Stewart. Stewart needs other people to provide opportunities to be effective, Dugan creates his own. Stewart has good positional play and is a good finisher that's it.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Dugan has to take needles before every match due to his shoulder injury. I'm worried that he won't be able to handle the collisions in Origin and will either not put his body on the line, or come off injured. Having the fullback come off injured will screw us over badly. I'd probably rather Dugan fully fit, but I think it's safer to go with Stewart, who has looked good in his return from injury.

Spot On

Coach
My final side:

1. Brett Stewart - Our best bet at fullback. Is safe and is a great support player
2. Jarryd Hayne - We need gamebreakers. He is one. Doesn't matter what he is doing at Parramatta.
3. Josh Morris - With Jennings out, he gets a spot. Is a good attacking center that can punish the defense.
4. Chris Lawrence - Not in great form, but his game shines when surrounded by good players. Great defender too.
5. Akuila Uate - Best winger in the game.
6. Todd Carney - Our best 5/8 in a long time.
7. Mitchell Pearce - Best halfback option and he has improved a lot since last year.
8. Paul Gallen - Our best player and leader. Nothing needs to be said.
9. Robbie Farah - Brings a playmaker and a kicking game which we need.
10. James Tamou - A brilliant option, he brings good go-forward which we desperately need.
11. Glenn Stewart - Class, good tackler and is a nifty playmaker for his position.
12. Greg Bird - Merkin, but he always turns up for Origin.
13. Luke Lewis - In a bad Panthers team, he is their only good player. He does everything well and is only 2nd to Gallen.

14. Wade Graham - Like his value off the bench, fills a lot of positions, brings energy and a good player.
15. Tim Mannah - Still offers a lot of go forward.
16. Anthony Watmough - A great Origin player, you know we have great backrowers when Watmough is coming off the bench.
17. Tariq Sims - Impact player. At his best he can dominate Queensland.

Great team.

adamkungl

Immortal
Only takes 3 decent games to get media talking you up...

I mean, the people talking up Wade Graham after 6 good games is a laugh. How about he does it for a whole season (at least).

As for Pearce, his last 3 have been v. good. But what about his previous 20???

Wade Graham goes good. Not sure what other utility options there are. Farah + Ennis combo? Soward? I don't mind either way really, it's the bench utility and none of them are fit to lick Craig Wing's boots.

Pearce has been the best half in NSW for a long time.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Rothfield just tweeted. Apparently Jamie Buhrer is a certainty to take Gid's spot. Pretty quick decisions by Stuart dconsidering he was undecided this morning and Sharks still yet to play so can't see Graham play his game. Can't say I like that selection.

Garts

Bench
Must say I am shocked with the Buhrer article on the tele website. In saying that, if they are after a utility Buhrer is a great choice. He will not let the Blues down if he gets on.

Patorick

Staff member
I'm a big Buhrer fan, he was top again today. He can play in the centres, in the 6, hooker and in the backrow. He'll play Origin for sure in the future, but he is nowhere near ready for SOO now. They won't pick him.
Maybe game two, if Hinchcliffe/Reynolds go busted.

Jason Maher

Immortal
My final side:

2. Jarryd Hayne - We need gamebreakers. He is one. Doesn't matter what he is doing at Parramatta.
3. Josh Morris - With Jennings out, he gets a spot. Is a good attacking center that can punish the defense.
4. Chris Lawrence - Not in great form, but his game shines when surrounded by good players. Great defender too.
5. Akuila Uate - Best winger in the game.
6. Todd Carney - Our best 5/8 in a long time.
7. Mitchell Pearce - Best halfback option and he has improved a lot since last year.
8. Paul Gallen - Our best player and leader. Nothing needs to be said.
9. Robbie Farah - Brings a playmaker and a kicking game which we need.
10. James Tamou - A brilliant option, he brings good go-forward which we desperately need.
11. Glenn Stewart - Class, good tackler and is a nifty playmaker for his position.
12. Greg Bird - Merkin, but he always turns up for Origin.
13. Luke Lewis - In a bad Panthers team, he is their only good player. He does everything well and is only 2nd to Gallen.

14. Wade Graham - Like his value off the bench, fills a lot of positions, brings energy and a good player.
15. Tim Mannah - Still offers a lot of go forward.
16. Anthony Watmough - A great Origin player, you know we have great backrowers when Watmough is coming off the bench.
17. Tariq Sims - Impact player. At his best he can dominate Queensland.

Almost agree, except I'd go for two props on the bench. I cannot for the life of me see the sense in playing a prop short. I don't care if we won game 2 last year doing so. We got humiliated in game 3 doing so. It's a dumb idea. Means a deserving back rower misses out, but so be it.

Also think Hinchcliffe has to be the bench hooker/utility if we insist on having one. Not that Graham's a dud, but Hinchcliffe is better.

NrlCoach

Juniors
LOL@bob fulton selecting a token manly player ever year. how da f**k does he get away with this... Bozo please go

close20door.gif

RWB

Bench
Your never going to cover everthing perfectly. If say Hinchcliffe was the utility for example and Brett Stewart went down youd have to Move Morris to fullback, Jennings to wing and Lewis to centre. Hardly Ideal. Hayne would save all hassle in the backs. Hayne is a serious Utility as he could cover everything 1-7, plus the backrow.

If the hooker went down im sure someone like Lewis could do the job.

Of course you'll never be able to cover everything perfectly but that hardly justifies picking a player to cover a position he''s never played in before and come up with a defensive workload he's never had to before.

Dummy half is arguably the most important defensive position on the field, Jaryd Hayne would arguably be the worst defender in the 17 you listed. Whilst nothing is perfect Hayne playing hooker should never be seen as the back up option. I'd sooner player Paul Gallen there.

some11

Referee
LOL@bob fulton selecting a token manly player ever year. how da f**k does he get away with this... Bozo please go

close20door.gif

I couldn't believe it when Jason King got selected.

Buhrer, like Woods, is playing extremely well. Whether or not it's too early is up to the coach.

firechild

First Grade
It's sounding like a lot of players will be picked from Manly. Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart and Watmough are almost certainties, Tony Williams is likely, even Jamie Buhrer sounds like he's going to take Gidley's utility spot on the bench and David Williams is still being spoken about as a possible winger but I don't think that will eventuate.

Latest posts