What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

broncos70

Juniors
Mannah made 170m from 14 hitups against the biggest pack in the comp.

Why would anyone pick Creagh? If they wanted a 2nd rower hitting that left edge I'd go for Ryan Hoffman who has been outstanding this year.

I still reckon the back 5 should consist of stewart, dugan, jennings, hayne, uate.

Raider_69

Post Whore
id almost go with it
sometimes you've got to put the best 17 players on the park and figure it out from there
certainly Hayne, Dugan and Stewart are in NSW's best 17

Spanner in the works

First Grade
id almost go with it
sometimes you've got to put the best 17 players on the park and figure it out from there
certainly Hayne, Dugan and Stewart are in NSW's best 17

I'm blowing my load over it. If they could handle it I would pick it without question. On paper that's an incredible backline - I'd go as far to say that overall it is better than Queensland's.

broncos70

Juniors
Are you saying?

1) Stewart
2) Dugs
3) Jennings
4) Hayne
5) Uate

they could definitely handle it. Hodges crapped all over lawrence a few weeks back, and jennings was amazing last year because the qld centres were tonga and nielson. That's just my opinion though.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Tough decisions all round. Not long till team is named now. Going to be some strange selections and people are going to bitch about certain selections. Best we wait it out and have a look to what's happening. Dugan was great, Hayne had a strong 2nd half, Mannah was great,

farmeister

Juniors
+1

Mannah is the one NSW prop who hasn't been a complete failure in Origin in the last couple of years. He's tough and he gets quick play-the-balls. It would be a travesty if NSW doesn't pick him.

Mannah made 170m from 14 hitups against the biggest pack in the comp.

Why would anyone pick Creagh? If they wanted a 2nd rower hitting that left edge I'd go for Ryan Hoffman who has been outstanding this year.

I still reckon the back 5 should consist of stewart, dugan, jennings, hayne, uate.

RWB

Bench
RWB are you actually suggesting that Glenn Stewart is less of a player cos Dale Copley is a horrendous defender? Give it away if you are.

I'm suggesting that Stewart really didn't play that well against Brisbane and that the opportunities weren't created by Stewart. If you disagree feel free to make your point...

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Lol. Stewart gives Lyon space who then give Wolfman a free run to the line. If you can't see this go watch AFL.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think Dugan has a good chance to be picked at fullback
i think that game will put him ahead of Stewart

RWB

Bench
Lol. Stewart gives Lyon space who then give Wolfman a free run to the line. If you can't see this go watch AFL.

Never doubted this but when did he do this in the Brisbane game?

He didn't create anything he was just the link man, I thought he was pretty average in the Brisbane game this is my only argument not him as a player.

Big Pete

Referee
Who really cares though?

G. Stewart will be there (barring suspension, oh who am I kidding, he'll be there) & we'll see if he's actually Origin quality.

hack1

RWB
I'm suggesting that Stewart really didn't play that well against Brisbane and that the opportunities weren't created by Stewart. If you disagree feel free to make your point...

I think Dugan has a good chance to be picked at fullback
i think that game will put him ahead of Stewart

do you blokes really think Stuart hasn't selected his squad prior to this weekend? He is one confused manager if he hasn't, and frankly, would not be the bloke to lead NSW to a series win.

Last edited:

caylo

Bench
Are you saying?

1) Stewart
2) Dugs
3) Jennings
4) Hayne
5) Uate

Yer or you could throw Stewart on the wing and Dugan in the #1. How you had it is the way I would play it and realistically QLD will have Boyd, Slater and Inglis who al started as fullbacks in their careers and are all currently playing in the #1 in their side. As mentioned pick the best 5 backs and have them in the team and for me on current form is Stewart, Hayne, Dugan, Jennings and Uate.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I'd change my backline from this:

1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Morris/Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Uate

to this:

1. Stewart
2. Dugan
3. Jennings