What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Spanner in the works

First Grade
The mention of Creagh makes me very nervous.

I suppose I should name my final side that I want:

1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Morris/Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Gal
9. Farah
10. Mannah
11. Bird
12. Lewis
13. Fensom

14. Merrin
15. Tamou
16. Watmough
17. Hinchcliffe

Back three - these are the players I wanted to have the ball in their hands the most on kick returns. That means Dugan misses out.

Centres - Lawrence did enough in CvC for me. I've got either J Morris or Jennings as the other, and I am leaning towards the former. Morris is in good form and that's his natural position. Jennings is a bit of a risk but on his day he is way better than Morris. However, those days are blah blah blah.....

Halves - obvious.

Props - Gal is an obvious selection, while I think Mannah is a tough bastard who can be a 10 year Origin player.

Hooker - I wanted Wallace, but it is unlikely, so my next choice would be Farah. Not playing well but at least he is creative.

Backrow - the only one I need to talk about is Fensom. He has Origin player (and Origin lock) written all over him - tough, a scrapper, massive workrate, does all the little things and keeps the ruck tight. Every year I come away thinking we need a player like him instead of the "creative", "offloading" and/or "exciting" backrower. Every single year. Sometimes in the game we need to defend. With us, it seems to be most of the game, particularly in the middle of the park. Let's not ever forget that.

Bench - Merrin is playing better for last years experience and has the talent to be a 10 year Origin player. Tamou for the obvious reasons, as is the same with Watmough. I like Hinchcliffe as a player and I'd probably start the game with him so we have that extra big body in the defensive line. Once he comes off, I'd use him as an extra backrower on the bench, slotting in at hooker as needed.

Unlucky players:
Williams - needs game time
Stewart - Fensom is a better option for the reasons I outlined above. We need to fix our
ruck defence so Slater, Thurston and co don't kill us before we even get started.
Sims - Hard to pick over Watmough, and probably needs to lift his performances a little. He'll play Origin at some stage, just not quite yet.
TLL - not playing well enough.
Dugan - I have real question marks over this guys attitude and durability. Great player no doubt, but attitude and durability are pretty big things in the Origin arena.

RABK

Referee
Sims is been viewed as a third prop apparently. Will play tighter then Williams if selected.

caylo

Bench
Sims is been viewed as a third prop apparently. Will play tighter then Williams if selected.

Thats how I would play it but IMO you need a genuine prop on the bench as well.

This talk of Watmough being left out is like Hayne being left out last year, just nuts. He is easily in the top 5 players for NSW and probably 3rd after Gallen and Hayne IMO, he should be starting with Lewis and probably Stewart.

Also talk of Mannah missing out it nuts IMO, he played better in his few games then Weyman has ever played in Origin and he is the only prop that has stepped up in origin over the last 2-3 years. Mannah has to be there IMO, he has been strong this year in a poor team.

For me a pack of Mannah, Farah, Gallen, Watmough, Stewart, Lewis and bench of Williams, Sims, Tamou and Bird is as good as it will get.

Skreepe

Juniors
I don't mind either way TBH.

I pretty much put him at 14 to nominate him as my utility player.

With my team I'd rotate Stewart, Bird, Lewis and Watmough. Leave Fensom on for the 80.....he's built for it.

lmao

leave the one dimensional hack in Canberra

Dragon2010

First Grade
If Sticky takes in one prop short I can see the plan he is trying to execute and which players he will shift there to change our attacking dimension slightly. I think Watmough should be a certainty. It's crazy that he should miss out.

Jennings will be an interesting selection. From NSW cup to Origin. I know there's issues going on at Penrith but can't deny Jennings is class. If he's shoulders okay he will play strong. Same as Hayne. Always steps-up and regardless of of club form will put in 100%.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
I really don't understand all the love for Hayne. He's been average at best this season, if the team isn't going well he seems to go missing, like in city country....I wouldn't have him in the side at all.

Disco

Bench
Thats how I would play it but IMO you need a genuine prop on the bench as well.

This talk of Watmough being left out is like Hayne being left out last year, just nuts. He is easily in the top 5 players for NSW and probably 3rd after Gallen and Hayne IMO, he should be starting with Lewis and probably Stewart.

Also talk of Mannah missing out it nuts IMO, he played better in his few games then Weyman has ever played in Origin and he is the only prop that has stepped up in origin over the last 2-3 years. Mannah has to be there IMO, he has been strong this year in a poor team.

For me a pack of Mannah, Farah, Gallen, Watmough, Stewart, Lewis and bench of Williams, Sims, Tamou and Bird is as good as it will get.

Thats the exact pack and bench i picked a few days back, it is easily our strongest

Ladmate

Bench
Baffles me how Creagh will be picked. Watmough does everything better than him. Creagh is a guy who works off the go forward of other players, that's where he gets his chances to run holes and attack the line. This is a good asset, but we do not need it at all, we already have impact backrowers that can also take valuable, effective hitups. He doesn't go forward much at all, he rarely takes hitups when NSW need them. He's not what we need at all, he lacks the aggression and the mindset to make meters at Origin level. We need a forward pack that carves up Queensland, Pearce/Carney/Farah will all shine if our forwards win the battle against Queensland. Creagh does not contribute to that cause.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
If Creah gets picked of Choc I won't watch SOO. One is tough, makes metres and is Origin proven. The other is Creagh.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Surely Creagh has to be a media Gee-Up. It's a media article after-all. I can't see Watmough missing his spot.

caylo

Bench
Well Hayne and Dugan both played well, both showed what they have Haynes ability to get outside his man and set up the men outside him while Dugans ability to beat the first man and his freakish athleticism. Maybe they both should be in the side with Stewart!!! 3 best backs in NSW so why not pick them all!!

caylo

Bench
BTW Mannah, Poore and Allgood all stood up against a big Canberra pack. If they leave Mannah out its a joke IMO

Dragon2010

First Grade
Well Hayne and Dugan both played well, both showed what they have Haynes ability to get outside his man and set up the men outside him while Dugans ability to beat the first man and his freakish athleticism. Maybe they both should be in the side with Stewart!!! 3 best backs in NSW so why not pick them all!!

Are you saying?

1) Stewart
2) Dugs
3) Jennings
4) Hayne
5) Uate

Latest posts