What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Rod

Bench
Lawrence has gone from first choice left centre to not making the team at all at this stage. A lot still depends of the fitness of Dugan and Hayne as to how likely he is though.

NSW could do worse than Joel Thompson, good strong runner. The other Raiders suggested are quite LOL-worthy though. Campese clearly isn't ready. I would hate to see what Hodges would do to Croker.

Noname36

First Grade
Soward should get the nod at 5/8. Too early to consider Mullen, way too early to consider Carney given he's only been back in the game a few rounds. Campese? Lol. Soward for sure. His form is good enough. It's Pearce I'm worried about.

timka4

Bench
I wouldnt mind seeing soward and mullen in the halves. Maloney has been awesome for the warriors aswell. Id lean towards a combination of soward and mullen/maloney.
Joel thompson isnt ready. He can be good sometimes but he can be very average. Even though lawrence is a little out of form, he is still class

Dragon2010

First Grade
We need consistency. We need to keep majority of a team. All this chop and change is bullshit and the reason NSW can't develop as a team. It's either keep Soward or keep Pearce.

Personally I'd go

6. Soward
7. Maloney

But that's just me.

With

1. Stewart/Dugan

9. Buderus

As the rest of your spine.

Joker's Wild

Coach
A firing Carney>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A firing Owen Cragie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A firing Mullen

I agree that Carney is the more dangerous of the 2 at their best but fair dinkum mate, give yourself an uppercut

edabomb

First Grade
Campese -> lock.

As solid as a normal lock in defense and gives them a heck of a lot more options on attack.

betcats

Referee
1. Dugan
2. ? Maybe Lawrence
3. Croker
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Campese
7. Pearce
8. Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. Fensom

Interchange

14. Watmough
15. Mannah
16. J. Thompson
17. White

Croker is a good player but he would get carved up in origin imo. He definately would not be shifting Jennings to the other side. If Brett White makes the side im not watching the series.

timka4

Bench
My team so far would be

1. Dugan / Stewart if Dugan injured
2. Hayne
3. Lawrence
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Mullen
8. Gallen (C)
9. Buderus
10. TLL
11. Lewis
12. Scott
13. Bird

14. Mannah
15. Watmough
16. T. Williams
17. Kidley

More than capable of winning imo

Last edited:
Lawrence has gone from first choice left centre to not making the team at all at this stage. A lot still depends of the fitness of Dugan and Hayne as to how likely he is though.

NSW could do worse than Joel Thompson, good strong runner. The other Raiders suggested are quite LOL-worthy though. Campese clearly isn't ready. I would hate to see what Hodges would do to Croker.

When Croker was a rookie in 2009 he gave Hodges an absolute bath and we smashed the Broncos 56-0. He holds no fear of Hodges. He gave Ayshford a bath last night and he's in great form. 81% goal kicker as well. NSW could do a lot worse.

Campese dominated Marshall last night. He completely embarassed him. If he does the same to Thurston next week he's a dead cert for NSW 6.

betcats

Referee
I think Campese might be the way to go, but none of the halves contenders are really demanding selection atm which is nothing new i guess.

gUt

Coach
Campese looks ready to me, and he's improving every week. Canberra are a different team with him on the park and playing with confidence. I thought they'd go backwards with no Dugan and Fensom but in fact it's Campese (and McCrone) who are the mainstays of their side.

Joker's Wild

Coach
When Croker was a rookie in 2009 he gave Hodges an absolute bath and we smashed the Broncos 56-0. He holds no fear of Hodges. He gave Ayshford a bath last night and he's in great form. 81% goal kicker as well. NSW could do a lot worse.

Yet got dusted up by an ancient Maddog just last year

Crocker does not have the mental toughness nor the consistency for SOO. Id rather a 2nd rower in the centres than Captain Sadface

edabomb

First Grade
Yet got dusted up by an ancient Maddog just last year

Crocker does not have the mental toughness nor the consistency for SOO. Id rather a 2nd rower in the centres than Captain Sadface

I agree he is a fair way off SoO level. Let's see how he goes in first grade next week - it's been a while since he has strung two really good games together.

He was low on confidence last year. He made 220m and carved up the opposition last night. He looks real good this year. Obviously Campo's got a lot to do with that. He probably won't make Origin this year but I reckon he's a shoe-in for Country.

Joey reckons he should get a run for NSW in the future too.

gUt

Coach
I thought he's been decent all year actually, and as I said he's getting better every match.

But hey, pick Soward or Mullen or Gidley please.

Hutty1986

Immortal

Campese dominated Marshall last night. He completely embarassed him. If he does the same to Thurston next week he's a dead cert for NSW 6.

:lol: What bullsh*t. Campese needs a heap more massive performances to be any chance of replacing the incumbent. Benji was about as lost as his team-mates last night, hardly a true indicator.