What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

chrisD

Coach
Jennings should be a certainty, and J.Morris has to be miles ahead of Lawrence atm. Stewart, Uate and Hayne if fit (please be fit, no B.Moz).

Halves, no idea, Mullen, Maloney, Soward and Carney have all been good.

Props up in the air, Gallen ofcourse but otherwise I don't know. Snowden is running out of Origin chances, Tolman hasn't been hot, Mannah either, TLL and Grant have been injured, Galloway plays for the tigers.

Second rowers hard, Bird had a big series and always turns up, Glenn Stewart, Lewis, Watmong, Scott, Williams when he's back and Tariq too. Best thing is that no-one is talking about Creagh.

Buderus for the 9 I guess, Ennis and Farah are proven liabilities tbh.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I'm a little worried about the fullback spot tbh.
Dugan is injury prone and may not be at his best when he returns from injury.
Stewart is out of form and I've never really rated him at Origin level
Hayne would be a good choice, but then we'd have to bring in Brett Morris or Nathan Merritt on the wing....

firechild

First Grade
Hayne would be a good choice, but then we'd have to bring in Brett Morris or Nathan Merritt on the wing....

Out of form? Really? I can tell you that if Slater gets into open field there would be no fullback in the game I'd want to taking him on more than Stewart. Defensively Stewart has been fantastic so far this season and in attack, while he's not scoring as regularly, he's still making plenty of opportunities or running decoys and attracting defenders to open it up for blokes like Lyon, Whare and Matai.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I have no doubt he's a quality player and still doing a good job. I just don't think he's playing as well as he was last year. I thought he went missing a bit against the Dragons.

Last edited:

Dragon2010

First Grade
I have no doubt he's a quality player and still doing a good job. I just don't think he's playing as well as he was last year. I thought he went missing a bit against the Dragons.

What? Stewart was one of their best on field.

Stewart is a great attacker, can put people into space and he can sniff out a try like no other. He's a great positional player. He would be the best fullback to square up with Slater defensive wise.

The best backline we can get is something like this:

1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence(?) <----- Seriously a tough one this position
5. Uate

RHCP

Bench
I think a firing Mullen is possibly the best five-eighth NSW can pick. The only problem is he's also as inconsistent as they come. Bugger all that 'confidence player' shit. I would like to see him make a return to the Blues one day, but unless he absolute devastates the opposition up until Origin time, he still hasn't done enough to warrant selection over a not dominant, but passable Soward. Same goes for Carney.

I'm sure plenty will laugh at the suggestion, but NSW could do a lot worse on the wing than James McManus.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Out of form? Really? I can tell you that if Slater gets into open field there would be no fullback in the game I'd want to taking him on more than Stewart. Defensively Stewart has been fantastic so far this season and in attack, while he's not scoring as regularly, he's still making plenty of opportunities or running decoys and attracting defenders to open it up for blokes like Lyon, Whare and Matai.

Stewarts tackle attempt on Weyman was pretty pathetic for a top line fullback. He should have had a good shot on him but instead got stepped and barely slowed him down.

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah, don't get too carried away with Stewart's defence. Arguably he's the best defensive fullback in the competition but he's hardly been producing Luke Phillips 2000 GF type heroics.

Still, out of all the fit fullbacks for NSW I believe he's easily the best option.

abpanther

Staff member
I don't get why Lawrence just gets a free ride into the NSW side while people still doubt Jennings, despite him showing that with quality ball and in the SOO arena he can perform.

Lawrence doesn't look right at all this season

1. Dugan
2. ? Maybe Lawrence
3. Croker
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Campese
7. Pearce
8. Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. Fensom

Interchange

14. Watmough
15. Mannah
16. J. Thompson
17. White

Jubes

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. ? Maybe Lawrence
3. Croker
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Campese
7. Pearce
8. Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. Fensom

Interchange

14. Watmough
15. Mannah
16. J. Thompson
17. White

I guess one thing in Crocker's favour is that Mad Dog won't be playing for Qld. 7 Raiders, biased much?

RWB

Bench

Probably the position I'm least worried about, 3 very good options - it's one of the only positions we have quality depth in.

More worried about the dummy half position tbh.

RWB

Bench
I think a firing Mullen is possibly the best five-eighth NSW can pick. The only problem is he's also as inconsistent as they come. Bugger all that 'confidence player' shit. I would like to see him make a return to the Blues one day, but unless he absolute devastates the opposition up until Origin time, he still hasn't done enough to warrant selection over a not dominant, but passable Soward. Same goes for Carney.

I'm sure plenty will laugh at the suggestion, but NSW could do a lot worse on the wing than James McManus.

A firing Carney>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A firing Owen Cragie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A firing Mullen