What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

sputneek

Juniors
No Jennings or Hayne? I thought Hayne would be back before origin

I agree with everything Dragon said above and I would pick Jennings and Hayne myself. My fear is that the Morrises have played their way into a rep jersey in the selectors eyes...

Joker's Wild

Coach
Jeez Morris is looking good at FB. He hasn't had much defensive pressure put on him yet but his play with ball in hand is almost Slater like.

Not saying he should be picked but he is starting to build a case

Dragon2010

First Grade
Agree Morris is looking absolutely deadly on fullback. With Hayne covering him and a strong forward pack defense should not to his biggest issue. Our problem is we need to fight fire with fire get a strong potent attacking side.

goosie

Juniors
To be honest Carney in the 6 and Pearce in the 7 is my proffered halves. They have played together at club level and Pearce has a few Origin games next to his name. While he's not the flashiest halfback he is still solid and outs in 100%. His defense for a 1/2 is good to. In Game II he looked fairly confident and if he can play at or above that level he will do well.

Carney was good on Monday he is looking at getting back to his usual self. Hopefully his form stays and he gets an Origin call-up he's a good kicker and he takes on the line and is great at helping set up tries. Something we need more fire in our bellies a stronger more potent attack.

I think something like Carney sending off a full speed Hayne or Jennings is something we can only dream of.

this! carney hayne and jennings is a must.

Parra Pride

Referee
Brett Morris' club form has never been a problem, the problem is he has never reproduced it while wearing the Blue.

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Agree Morris is looking absolutely deadly on fullback. With Hayne covering him and a strong forward pack defense should not to his biggest issue. Our problem is we need to fight fire with fire get a strong potent attacking side.

That's why Farah will be perfect for attacking football. As dragon2010 has said we need to fight fire with fire.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Yet again another leadership and awesome performance by Buderus. The guy looks the best he has in years. Guy can read a play like no other and always gives 110%.

No point mentoning Gallen's performance. He's just a machine either way.

timka4

Bench
If only Buderus was abit younger and was playing on a couple more years, cause he would slot right into NSW hooker.

Dragon2010

First Grade
If only Buderus was abit younger and was playing on a couple more years, cause he would slot right into NSW hooker.

Bugger that. The guy is screaming for an Origin jersey. Give it to him and let him show the other NSW eligible hookers how it's done. We finally have the chance to get a decent hooker. Buderus was a champion in the Origin arena.

He might be a bit above the average age but the guy is playing great football and would give 110%.

Who else do we have? Ennis? Farah? No other hooker is even playing close enough to Buderus to get a jersey over him.

P.S I think Sticky loves him to.

rnb11

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Kade Snowden
9. Danny Buderus
10. Paul Gallen
11. Beau Scott
12. Luke Lewis
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Feleti Mateo
17. Tim Mannah

gUt

Coach
If Buderus and Gidley play for NSW the way they played today, NSW will look more likely.

timka4

Bench
Bugger that. The guy is screaming for an Origin jersey. Give it to him and let him show the other NSW eligible hookers how it's done. We finally have the chance to get a decent hooker. Buderus was a champion in the Origin arena.

He might be a bit above the average age but the guy is playing great football and would give 110%.

Who else do we have? Ennis? Farah? No other hooker is even playing close enough to Buderus to get a jersey over him.

P.S I think Sticky loves him to.
mmm true, good point. I mean there isn't really anyone we can put in for the 'future' so why not I guess. Farah and Ennis have really dropped.
9. Buderus
14. Kidley
Could work nicely

timka4

Bench
Mullen has been pretty impressive so far this year as well. He has more spark than Pearce so it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Mullen has been pretty impressive so far this year as well. He has more spark than Pearce so it wouldn't be a bad idea.

We need to keep majority of the spine for consistency. Too much chop and change would kill us. It's either get a new halfback or get a new 5/8. Personally I think.

6. Soward
7. Mullen

Best we can get up. Both have Origin experience. Sowards kicking game, Mullens solid playing ability. They would combine well in my opinion. Not my ideal halves pairing but we need to build not take a step backwards.

Still.

Mullen > Pearce.

RWB

Bench

Mullen is a 5/8, he's at his best when he's getting the ball wide and running at the fringe defence. He shouldn't be in contention for the halfback spot but I'd certainly consider him in competition with Carney for the 5/8 spot.

Maloney, Pearce & Walsh should be the only ones considered for the halfback spot afaic. All can organise and still run a few plays but none will have the same 'spark' because that's not their role.

Latest posts