What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Doga

Juniors
cop-face-palm-21017-1310454002-14.jpg

mozza91

Coach
Peter Wallace is a much better footballer then Pearce, I can't believe most people don't see this.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well I reckon spots are still up for grabs.

Mostly decided but a couple there to be grabbed.

hellteam

First Grade
Peter Wallace is a much better footballer then Pearce, I can't believe most people don't see this.

You are kidding. I've watched every Broncos game for the last five years, and let me tell you, Wallace is an average footballer.

Everyone is saying how 'in form' he is this year, fact is, the rest of the Broncos team is playing really well and he's just along for the ride.

He isn't a very good ball player, has an poor short kicking game and would be the slowest half in the comp. If he was playing in any other team in the NRL he would struggle.

He is a good defender though.

Meth

Staff member
Last year NSW could have won the State of Origin if they had have selected properly from game 1.

If I were a NSW fan, this is the team I'd like to see play.

As a New Zealander with a great appreciation for Origin football and a traditional support for Queensland, I really want this year's Origin to be much, much more competitive.

1- B. Stewart
2- Hayne
3- Jennings
4- Lawrence
5- Uate
6- Carney
7- Pearce
8- Gallen (c)
9- Farah
10-Mannah
11- Lewis
12- Scott
13- G. Stewart

Res- Learoyd Lars, Douglas, Watmough, Bird

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I like that team, but I think Lewis, Glenn Stewart and Bird are all too similar. I would leave Bird out, and bring in a Trex/Tamou/Sims-type player...

Meth

Staff member
I like that team, but I think Lewis, Glenn Stewart and Bird are all too similar. I would leave Bird out, and bring in a Trex/Tamou/Sims-type player...

Fair enough.

I'm morally opposed to selecting Tamou, and Sims is a year or two off for mine (as is Tamou). I guess Williams could work, but he seems like one of those blokes that could get exposed in Origin. I suppose my selections could be accused of being too conservative.

Meth

Staff member
In any event, NSW needs to learn the obvious lesson from QLD in their selections...both in selecting a squad for the series, and selecting a squad for the years to come.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
That's a good team Meth. With Scott injured, I'd start Watmough, with Sims or Williams as Scott's replacement. I'm not a fan of Bird but he generally performs well in Origin, although I could easily be persuaded to go for Merrin / Woods as an extra prop or Hinchcliffe for utility. I wonder how close that team will be to the one selected.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Is Paule Gallen giving some hints here?

Johnathan Thurston Picks Four Players He Doesn't Want NSW To Pick For Origin, Paul Gallen Responds

Post by: The Grill Team 4 May, 2012 - 10:08 AM

Johnathan Thurston has told us exclusively the players he doesn't want NSW to pick for Origin with Blues captain Paul Gallen responding "I like Queensland picking our team, that's hilarious."
Cowboys captain JT said "I don't want it to be Brett Stewart" at full back and he definitely doesn't want to see Todd Carney at five-eighth.

Paul Gallen responded saying the team would definitely be between Brett Stewart or Dugan and if Todd Carney "keeps his form up for the next two weeks I'd say he be there."

The Maroon stalwart who's been playing five-eighth for the Cowboys found it more difficult to choose between Peter Wallace and Mitchell Pearce at half back.

"I'd rather play against Mitchell Pearce" adding that his first choice would be Wallace who he says has been "very calm and collected leading those boys [Broncos] around the park" in the absence of Darren Lockyer.

Gallen can understand the Wallace-Pearce debate saying Wallace has a "winning mentality" with the Broncos at the moment but Mitchell Pearce is the current incumbent who's "played really well for NSW over the years."

"It's going to be out of these two and whoever plays better in the next two weeks," he added.

JT wrapped up telling Triple M Sydney he'd rather not see Ryan Hinchcliffe play at hooker. "Ennis and Farah certainly give you a kicking game out at nine...they're both aggressive but with Hinchcliffe you know what you're going to get in week in week out."

Gallen said Hinchcliffe would definitely be in the mix, "he's a player who's got a bit of utility value, he can play in the back row."

Downie

Guest Moderator
1. Brett Stewart
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Trent Merrin
9. Mitch Rein
10. Tim Mannah
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Paul Gallen

14. Greg Bird/Luke Lewis
15. Tariq Sims
16. James Tamou
17. Tony Williams

Gallen goes to prop at first interchange, gives us 3 big men to start with.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
1. Brett Stewart
2. Brett Morris
3. John Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Trent Merrin
9. Mitch Rein
10. Tim Mannah
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Paul Gallen

14. Greg Bird/Luke Lewis
15. Tariq Sims
16. James Tamou
17. Tony Williams

Gallen goes to prop at first interchange, gives us 3 big men to start with.

That team is going to get pumped.

Brett Morris is a rep myth.

Can't see Merrin dominating an Origin contest.

Rein :lol::lol::lol:

Weak bench.