What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

I see Kingsgrove have named Sam Ayache as their coach, he was listed as the clubs operations manager.

What has happend to Tarik Houchar. Also Pierce Sapsford was signed by the Colts, now he is lineing up for Cabra, maybe a bit of pre-season troubles at the Colts.

Roland

Juniors
I see Kingsgrove have named Sam Ayache as their coach, he was listed as the clubs operations manager.

What has happend to Tarik Houchar. Also Pierce Sapsford was signed by the Colts, now he is lineing up for Cabra, maybe a bit of pre-season troubles at the Colts.

Dont know about the coaching situation but Pierce Sapsford was signed by Newtown during OAMPS. He has played for them before but when you consider all the Roosters, he will just end up playing for Cabra - there are 7 Newtown players in the 18 named for Cabra.

Also no Billy Bilalolomea, Gilbert Modrau or the frenchman on the Colts website - so Kingsgrove will just have to psyche themselves for the Games against Blacktown, who have one class player in Kurt Horton this week. Cant see them beating any other team.

Also no Billy Bilalolomea, Gilbert Modrau or the frenchman on the Colts website - so Kingsgrove will just have to psyche themselves for the Games against Blacktown, who have one class player in Kurt Horton this week. Cant see them beating any other team.

Billy is named in Burwood's SS side.

Gilbert is in the Colts SS side, thought he would have been a shoe in for RMC

Roland

Juniors
Michael Habib, who was supposed to coach the defunct St Johns SS side is now coach of Burwood SS.

Francis Tuigamala is in Wenty's SS side.

Sam Brunton joins the Ellis boys in the Mounties SS team.

There is one Newtown player in the Cabra SS team.

Broncos93

Juniors
Sydney shield Blacktown 22 defeated by Asquith 26.

In Massey Cup Blacktown 36 defeated Asquith 24.

Other Massey results:
Windsor 60 def kingsgrove 12

Wests 18 def Auburn 8

Cabra 48 def Guildford 22

Last edited:

Roland

Juniors
The margins in the Cabra and Windsor games were expected but other 2 results would have been hard to pick.

Blacktown won 2 games last year so they would be very happy with the result. They had 2 good forwards in Shearer and Horton but you would have thought that Asquith could have countered that.

You see games where one side is very poor but there is some redemption in the quality play of the opposition but the Auburn v Wests game was absolute Z grade. The completion rate would have been about 30% for both sides. Wests were bad but Auburn was worse.

Leaving aside the lack of attack, maybe the 25 man squads for OAMPS and Maroon's rotation of the entire pack after each quarter has resulted in a complete lack of match fitness.

The Wests side today was as big if not bigger than Auburn.

The game that counts is at Ringrose tomorrow.

Both the games at New Era tonight were very scrappy.

Noticed Tarik Houchar sitting on Guildford RMC bench helping Steve Ghosn.

Sydney Shield

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cabramatta Two Blues 42[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tries: J Leapai 2, F Tuinauvai 2, P Sapsford, J Cook, H Magele, T Sassine[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Goals: H Katoa 5[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Guildford Owls 8
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tries: D Sisafa, T Kamikamica[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ron Massey Cup[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cabramatta Two Blues 48[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tries: M Stevens 2, D Barakat 2, M Mundine, J Thompson, D Cray, R Moujalli, J Gray[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Goals: M Mundine 6[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Guildford Owls 22[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tries: A Taufa, M Ki, P Takchi, J Le Hang[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Goals: M Daoud 2, P Takchi 1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Also Ryan Verlinden was sent off in the 13th minute for a dangerous throw.[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]

Broncos93

Juniors
I didn't take much out of auburn winning the oamps cup. It's all well and good to just keep rolling fresh forwards out and run over opposition but with a four man bench and only ten interchange over eighty minutes their fitness was always going to catch up with them. Just goes to show you can't take too much out of trials.

Roland

Juniors
Both the games at New Era tonight were very scrappy.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ron Massey Cup

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cabramatta Two Blues 48[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tries: M Stevens 2, D Barakat 2, M Mundine, J Thompson, D Cray, R Moujalli, J Gray[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Goals: M Mundine 6[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Guildford Owls 22[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tries: A Taufa, M Ki, P Takchi, J Le Hang[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Goals: M Daoud 2, P Takchi 1[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Also Ryan Verlinden was sent off in the 13th minute for a dangerous throw.[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]

Sounds like it would have been a really big score if Cabra had more than 12 players for the last 67 minutes. Who did Moujalli come in for? Did Eshman play?

Sounds like it would have been a really big score if Cabra had more than 12 players for the last 67 minutes. Who did Moujalli come in for? Did Eshman play?

Eshman didn't play

Cabra had to sit Don Thompson out to stay under 100 points. They used 98 of the 100 points

Cabra's side

5. Daniel Cray
2. Mitch Stevens
12. Tuki Jackson
4. Danny Barakat
1. Jason Gray
6. Matt Mundine
7. Gus Jasmin
13. Jason Thompson
15. Joel Dodds
18. Ray Moujalli
11. Wayne Beh
10. Ryan Verlinden
19. Ahmad Ellaz
Interchange
8. Maxamillion Napa
9. Tiger Vatuvei
14. Henry Taufaao
17. Judah Luvalo

Roland

Juniors
So even though Sapsford and Eshman didn't play there were still 7 Newtown players as Moujalli and Ellaz came in.

So even though Sapsford and Eshman didn't play there were still 7 Newtown players as Moujalli and Ellaz came in.

Sapsford played about 35mins of the Sydney Shield. An ambulance was called at half time and he was taken to hospital. He was suffering chest pains. He looked in a bad way.

Shrek

Juniors
Eshman didn't play

Cabra had to sit Don Thompson out to stay under 100 points. They used 98 of the 100 points

Cabra's side

5. Daniel Cray
2. Mitch Stevens
12. Tuki Jackson
4. Danny Barakat
1. Jason Gray
6. Matt Mundine
7. Gus Jasmin
13. Jason Thompson
15. Joel Dodds
18. Ray Moujalli
11. Wayne Beh
10. Ryan Verlinden
19. Ahmad Ellaz
Interchange
8. Maxamillion Napa
9. Tiger Vatuvei
14. Henry Taufaao
17. Judah Luvalo

I heard Don Thompson didnt play because he was suspended for a week for an incident against Entrance in their last trial match at cabra. I dont think hed be worth many points anyway. I must say, before the season started i really thought cabra would struggle with crop of players they had and the players that had left. But after seeing their team lists, those newtown players that come back really makes a big difference. Itll be a cracker of a game next week against wenty. Both sides have strong line ups. Im very surprised with the auburn-wests result. Auburn had a lot of hype and talk about the team for this year. I guess they might have the big forwards but they dont last long. The OAMPS competition really is nothing and means nothing.

Shrek

Juniors
And why is eshman playing SS? alot of quality players playing SS this year, but itll be interesting to see who sticks around to play SS.

Roland

Juniors
And why is eshman playing SS? alot of quality players playing SS this year, but itll be interesting to see who sticks around to play SS.

Looks like Reece Jaeger may have decided there is no room for him at Cabra. He was listed to play in the Illawarra comp on the weekend.

Roland

Juniors
I heard Don Thompson didnt play because he was suspended for a week for an incident against Entrance in their last trial match at cabra. I dont think hed be worth many points anyway. I must say, before the season started i really thought cabra would struggle with crop of players they had and the players that had left. But after seeing their team lists, those newtown players that come back really makes a big difference. Itll be a cracker of a game next week against wenty. Both sides have strong line ups. Im very surprised with the auburn-wests result. Auburn had a lot of hype and talk about the team for this year. I guess they might have the big forwards but they dont last long. The OAMPS competition really is nothing and means nothing.

I think you might be right in Thompson - he was not listed in the original teams. I said in February that Cabra should not be wriiten off until we saw what came from Newtown. I reckon Yates and Matterson got together in the offseason and agreed that Newtown would do most of the recruitment. The Cabra website refers to all 3 grades playing Wenty next week so Newtown is viewed as part of the club.

The round 1 results prove you right on OAMPS. The 2 RM finalists lost to teams in the bottom half and the 2 finalists in the SS lost by more than 20 points. Mounties SS can point out that 4 players were lifted into the RM team.

I reckon the Auburn coach has made a big blunder by conditioning the players to playing 40 minutes. They are now going through the match conditioning period even though the comp has started.

Roland

Juniors
The Belrose SS side looks to have quite a few Bundy standard players. They will be hard to beat

Belrose played in Bundy for 3 or 4 years. They still have players from that era - James Mortimer, Lee Cameron, Shannon Cameron, Dave Marando and Jim Curtis. Clint Lowe played Bundy with Asquith in their previous participation and Jason Wells played a game with the Roosters in NRL a few years ago. I was surprised when Hills beat them 36-10 in Oamps.

There are 5 strong sides in Sydney Shield - Wenty, Cabra, Mounties, Hills and Belrose.

Latest posts