What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

Roland

Juniors
BNRU have added a couple of players - backrower, Joe Mataele from Wenty in the RM team and former Newtown, Chester Hill, Cabra and Mounties back, Terrence Dodds in the SS team.

Roland

Juniors
Played for Guildford in 2003 and Ourimbah in 2005, i think thats when Ourimbah and Western Suburbs had connections

Your records are immaculate to dig out these things. I knew he came to Cabra from Wests and in 2004 Wests had 8 players at Ourimbah -Gordon Graff, Mick Papa, Brad Davis, Aaron Heremaia, Bart Masters, Joe Swamy, Brett Rimmer and Manu Asouva. Wests had a massive squad that year as they also loaned Drew Dalton, Steve Matthews and Anthony Kiro to Mittagong.

Perhaps Sika played Flegg in 2003 - the comp ran for about 9 weeks and then some of the better players like Ben Rogers, George Rose and Ben Pomeroy linked with Jim Beam clubs in the second half of the season.

The Guildford players in 2003 in the limited number of Big Leagues that I have was:- Chris Tolar, Scott Buck, Matt Gillard, Nathan Carr, Jack Afamasaga, Weller Huaraki, Greg Boulos, Jason Small, Chris Yates, Adam McCallum, Brett Lee, Peter Bell, Paul Skinner, Kurt Rudder, Brett Longstaff, Steve Hales, Paul Broadbent, Scott Prebble, Steve Butler.

Last edited:
Your records are immaculate to dig out these things. I knew he came to Cabra from Wests and in 2004 Wests had 8 players at Ourimbah -Gordon Graff, Mick Papa, Brad Davis, Aaron Heremaia, Bart Masters, Joe Swamy, Brett Rimmer and Manu Asouva. Wests had a massive squad that year as they also loaned Drew Dalton, Steve Matthews and Anthony Kiro to Mittagong.

Perhaps Sika played Flegg in 2003 - the comp ran for about 9 weeks and then some of the better players like Ben Rogers, George Rose and Ben Pomeroy linked with Jim Beam clubs in the second half of the season.

The Guildford players in 2003 in the limited number of Big Leagues that I have was:- Chris Tolar, Scott Buck, Matt Gillard, Nathan Carr, Jack Afamasaga, Weller Huaraki, Greg Boulos, Jason Small, Chris Yates, Adam McCallum, Brett Lee, Peter Bell, Paul Skinner, Kurt Rudder, Brett Longstaff, Steve Hales, Paul Broadbent, Scott Prebble, Steve Butler.

Your not to shabby on the stats yourself Roland.

Its good to know that i'm not the only one who has a keen interest in the lower grades.

I have been compiling yearbooks for the Jim Beam/Bundy Cup and VB Premier League/NSW Cup since 2003. So i would like to think i know my stuff :p

just a little note that the Kingsgrove Colts club will be having their first home game of 2013 (next Saturday) at Kogarah Oval. Sydney Shute game is at 1pm, while the Ron Casey game is at 2.45pm. Good to see them play at this ground, and as a double header. The Colts will also play their second home game at this ground. No news yet on the remaining home games however

(source - the Colts own website and the Leader local paper)

BNRU beat Asquith in both grades. I assume Asquith could have had the left over bears players if they wanted but they've ended up linking with BNRU. Thought asquith would have a strong squad to knock that back.

maybe there were some other reasons the Bears players didn't go there? Who knows.

Roland

Juniors
BNRU beat Asquith in both grades. I assume Asquith could have had the left over bears players if they wanted but they've ended up linking with BNRU. Thought asquith would have a strong squad to knock that back.

maybe there were some other reasons the Bears players didn't go there? Who knows.

Originally Asquith did not want to relegate any of their players to fit in Bears so Norths went to BNRU, but in the end it is supposed to be a sharing arrangement and Asquith were to have Vale, Portlock and Johnston today.

Roland

Juniors
Ron Massey Cup

Mounties 36 Cabra 16
Blacktown 46 Wests 26
Guildford 34 Windsor 26
Auburn 30 Wenty 18
BNRU 50 Asquith 12
Entrance 72 Kingsgrove 8

Sydney Shield

Mounties 26 Cabra 22
BNRU 34 Asquith 26
Wenty 58 Auburn 12
Hills 30 Guildford 16
Belrose 66 Kingsgrove 4

Premiers Wenty are sitting in 10th spot in RM after 3 losses and next week they have another tough game vs Windsor.

Sydney Shield ladder

Belrose, Hills 6
Wenty, Cabra, Blacktown, Mounties, Auburn 4
BNRU, Asquith 2
Guildford, Kingsgrove 0

Belrose look powerful but their tougher games start on 11 May when they meet Wenty.

Broncos93

Juniors
Worth noting in the Asquith BNRU game it was 44-0 at half time, with Asquith winning the second half 12-6. Just couldn't compete upfront in the first half.

Is Curtis Johnson back with the Bears squad now? So much for the darkest day in sport articles when Danny Weidler broke the story

slickrabbit

Juniors
Great to see both Blacktown and BNRU getting good results as you want to see 2nd year teams improving on last year. Looks like Aquith were quite foolish to knock back Norths players, but good fortune for BNRU. Wests, with 4 NSW Cup players, clearly must have some suspect players at this level. Still not sure what to make of Auburn and Guilford. Cabra, just not the same when they lose a few jets players and have to rely on SS players to fill the void...

Auburn were outstanding today, they had a 24-6 lead at the break, with a 6-1 penalty count aginst them

Wenty hit back to 24-18, but Auburn showed great goal line defence to hold wenty out. Auburn had less then 50% of the ball in the 2nd stanza and ground out a very good win.

The syd shield game was over by half time with Wenty leading 28-0. Auburn are blooding alot of young kids in there shield side.

Joker44

Juniors
Definitely back fired in Asquiths favour knocking back those players from the bears.
Burwood dominated up front and took full advantage.
Asquith forwards look old and unfit. Could've been a totally different story today if those (Norths) Burwood players had gone to Asquith instead. Long season ahead for Asquith if this keeps up. Look a little out of their depth atm.
Curtis played for Asquith today didn't have to much impact. Josh Portlock was heavily concussed after not having touch involvement in the game, Kieran Vale had a couple of nice touches, but very hard to stand out when Asquith were defending most of the game

Roland

Juniors
Auburn were outstanding today, they had a 24-6 lead at the break, with a 6-1 penalty count aginst them

Wenty hit back to 24-18, but Auburn showed great goal line defence to hold wenty out. Auburn had less then 50% of the ball in the 2nd stanza and ground out a very good win.

The syd shield game was over by half time with Wenty leading 28-0. Auburn are blooding alot of young kids in there shield side.

I have seen Wenty's 3 games. They have had a tough draw but they are a bit below par. It looked like they were going to storm back yesterday but Auburn held firm.

Auburn seem to have got past the lethargy displayed against Wests. Some of the big guys that played in OAMPS dont appear in either RM or SS and another 2 mobile forwards from St Johns have come on board - Daniel Tualu and Will Mitchell.

I though Po Longi was sensational.

I have seen Wenty's 3 games. They have had a tough draw but they are a bit below par. It looked like they were going to storm back yesterday but Auburn held firm.

Auburn seem to have got past the lethargy displayed against Wests. Some of the big guys that played in OAMPS dont appear in either RM or SS and another 2 mobile forwards from St Johns have come on board - Daniel Tualu and Will Mitchell.

I though Po Longi was sensational.

And they still have Hala Akaoula and Michael Iaopo to come back.

Roland

Juniors
Andrew Emelio has added Tim Winitana to the BNRU roster. He was one of the try scorers against Asquith.

Belrose captain coach James Mortimer increased his points tally 54 points after 3 games in the Sydney Shield.