What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

100%green

Juniors
Catalans Dragons new away jersey. Love it.

A7q7479CYAAW75b.jpg:large

That is awesome, I'm getting one!!!

gunpk

Juniors
Does anyone know what colour shorts the Wests Tigers are using this season?
It used to be black but I remember seeing them wearing white at the end of last season

mattyf

Juniors
The cats jersey is a good design but messes with the dragons branding and colours.

Agree to a extent. Too much going on with all the different colours and lines, makes it look a bit like a dogs breakfast. Love their home jersey though.

I think the WA NRL bid should use some of the design from Catalans in the last. The uniforms for 2013 SG BALL are lacking. Too bright for the "pirates".

Loyal Tyke

Juniors
I wouldn't mind Castleford running round in Gazf's latest Wests Tigers designs. Maybe change the white jersey to amber.
Previous ones are very much similar to what we wore last season.
But we,ve had some shockers - two posted earlier

Zigwaa

Bench
The new Bulldogs looks far better in person than it did in the design.

Have we heard anymore about the new Titans jerseys for next season?

Anyone other teams due a new jersey for next season that we have not yet seen? Storm are up for a new one aren't they?

I love this.

* There's a discernible repeating pattern to the stripes.

* The stripes feature a nice sandy colour that goes well with the red.

* The stripes aren't slanted or zagged - they are straight horizontal lines.

* Although it has a side-panel (something I dislike in jerseys - especially striped jerseys), the panel is relatively discreet.

All-in-all, something that's modern yet tasteful.. and quite unique.

The last jersey that fit that description was Penrith's 1991 jersey. Most new ideas since then have been leaps backwards.

flipp, you could get a gig as a 'red carpet' commentator and I agree with your critique.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The Knights will have a new heritage jersey for next year seeing as our 2012 one is going to be used as our home jersey.

Zigwaa

Bench
The Knights will have a new heritage jersey for next year seeing as our 2012 one is going to be used as our home jersey.

Unless they've received some sort of exemption that's incorrect, the home "bra" jersey was only in it's second year in 2012 and according to the 3 year home jersey rule has to be used again in 2013,

I realise the knights will just flaunt the rules and use their heritage jersey for home games, but that means they can't have a second heritage jersey.

ShaneO85

Juniors
The cats jersey is a good design but messes with the dragons branding and colours. SL teams tend to do that with their away jersey.

I think that is possibly influenced by the way european 'football' clubs keep a very traditional main/home 'kit' and then do anything they please with their away/alternate/2nd 'kit'.

I have no major drama with that scenario as long as the traditional/main kit is used the majority of the time so as not to dilute the branding.

ShaneO85

Juniors
Unless they've received some sort of exemption that's incorrect, the home "bra" jersey was only in it's second year in 2012 and according to the 3 year home jersey rule has to be used again in 2013,

I realise the knights will just flaunt the rules and use their heritage jersey for home games, but that means they can't have a second heritage jersey.

does anything prevent them from having a second 'heritage' jersey? other clubs use more than just home, away and heritage. What is the harm in 2 heritage/throwbacks instead of 1 heritage and one movie sponsorship?

Joker's Wild

Coach

Well Peter Wynns website has the vertical striped jersey listed as "Home" with the "Bra" jersey nowhere to be seen.

http://www.peterwynnscore.com.au/index.php/nrl-teams/knights.html

The Dragons got special dispensation from the NRL to ditch their "Wolverine" jersey early due to very poor sales so there is no reason to think the Knights haven't done or wont do the same given how poor the sales have been for the "Bra" jersey.

Zigwaa

Bench
does anything prevent them from having a second 'heritage' jersey? other clubs use more than just home, away and heritage. What is the harm in 2 heritage/throwbacks instead of 1 heritage and one movie sponsorship?

Yeah I guess they could use another heritage jersey as well, but technically wouldn't be their season's 'heritage jersey'.

Well Peter Wynns website has the vertical striped jersey listed as "Home" with the "Bra" jersey nowhere to be seen.

http://www.peterwynnscore.com.au/ind...s/knights.html

The Dragons got special dispensation from the NRL to ditch their "Wolverine" jersey early due to very poor sales so there is no reason to think the Knights haven't done or wont do the same given how poor the sales have been for the "Bra" jersey.

Did the dragons have the "Wolverine" jersey for 2 seasons or 1? As it was an away jersey it would only require 2 seasons use then would be able to be discarded.

Interesting case for other clubs if it did only get one season's use and then got punted. The roosters still had the "harry highpants" jersey last season as an away jersey in it's second season, but i think it was never used, instead they went for the heritage in away games.

Getting very nerdy and technical here haha.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah I guess they could use another heritage jersey as well, but technically wouldn't be their season's 'heritage jersey'.

Did the dragons have the "Wolverine" jersey for 2 seasons or 1? As it was an away jersey it would only require 2 seasons use then would be able to be discarded.

Interesting case for other clubs if it did only get one season's use and then got punted. The roosters still had the "harry highpants" jersey last season as an away jersey in it's second season, but i think it was never used, instead they went for the heritage in away games.

Getting very nerdy and technical here haha.

The Dragons had the "Wolverine" jersey for 1 year then got it replaced

mn_tibor

Juniors
Based on Peter Wynn's look like the front of jersey sponsor for the cowboys is getting a tweak. Toyota logo has been added.

7nq3hjs1a-front.jpg

Edward

Juniors
A7q7479CYAAW75b.jpg:large

This jersey looks good. It's different, but all the colours go together well.

Also, did anyone notice these are the same colours as the West Coast Pirates? Perhaps their designers could take this jersey into consideration, as their current design lacks "something" (it's hard to explain).

GAZF, your Tigers jerseys look great too.

deanjrobinson

Juniors
Also, did anyone notice these are the same colours as the West Coast Pirates? Perhaps their designers could take this jersey into consideration, as their current design lacks "something" (it's hard to explain).

Yeah I was just about to make the same comment, would make a decent pirates jersey.

Actually the template could work as an alternate jersey for a few teams (with appropriate colour changes of course) ? might explore that more when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.