What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedVDave

First Grade
Yeah I guess they could use another heritage jersey as well, but technically wouldn't be their season's 'heritage jersey'.

Did the dragons have the "Wolverine" jersey for 2 seasons or 1? As it was an away jersey it would only require 2 seasons use then would be able to be discarded.

The "Wolverine" jersey was used for the 1 season only and that was 2010 season.
2011 we started using the Steelers strip as our away and prior to that 2009 we were sponsored by ADIDAS and were wearing the "Liverpool" jersey.

Storm 2012

Juniors
Here it is
1455.jpg

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I know the Raiders Charcoal jersey was pretty widely panned, but it seems to be a bit similar to the new Catalans one. I don't mind either jersey, though they are a bit of a departure from tradition for those two clubs. Sick of white away jerseys.

At least the colour base is basically the same as the home team colours, particularly for Catalans, with ESL teams always stuffing around with different colours.

I have seen quite a lot of the charcoal raiders jerseys around town. Does anyone know if they sold well?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Unless they've received some sort of exemption that's incorrect, the home "bra" jersey was only in it's second year in 2012 and according to the 3 year home jersey rule has to be used again in 2013,

I realise the knights will just flaunt the rules and use their heritage jersey for home games, but that means they can't have a second heritage jersey.
All the online stores with it listed call it the "home" jersey. The NRL have obviously recognised the importance of that jersey to the Knights and I imagine there are extenuating circumstances (i.e. that bra jersey was designed and submitted before HSG put their stamp on the club).

Based on Peter Wynn's look like the front of jersey sponsor for the cowboys is getting a tweak. Toyota logo has been added.

7nq3hjs1a-front.jpg

This happened last year on the mock-ups, but never eventuated on the real thing... will be interesting/nerdy to see if it comes off.

Prometheus

Juniors
Did the dragons have the "Wolverine" jersey for 2 seasons or 1? As it was an away jersey it would only require 2 seasons use then would be able to be discarded.

The "Wolverine" jersey was used for the 1 season only and that was 2010 season.
2011 we started using the Steelers strip as our away and prior to that 2009 we were sponsored by ADIDAS and were wearing the "Liverpool" jersey.

Actually there was a good Adidas alternate jersey we used for a year in between the Adidas "Liverpool" jersey and the Reebok "Wolverine" jersey. This one-

warriors_dragons2_gallery__470x317.jpg

Edward

Juniors
Yeah I was just about to make the same comment, would make a decent pirates jersey.

Actually the template could work as an alternate jersey for a few teams (with appropriate colour changes of course) ? might explore that more when I get home.

Sounds good mate.

Edward

Juniors
Actually there was a good Adidas alternate jersey we used for a year in between the Adidas "Liverpool" jersey and the Reebok "Wolverine" jersey. This one-

warriors_dragons2_gallery__470x317.jpg

I have never heard of this sorry. What was the St. George Illawarra "Liverpool" jersey please?

Edward

Juniors
Thanks fellas. I remember that jersey now, never heard it called a Liverpool jersey but now it's been mentioned I can understand why. It wasn't too bad, crisp look for an alternate jersey.

beave

Coach
All the online stores with it listed call it the "home" jersey. The NRL have obviously recognised the importance of that jersey to the Knights and I imagine there are extenuating circumstances (i.e. that bra jersey was designed and submitted before HSG put their stamp on the club).

This happened last year on the mock-ups, but never eventuated on the real thing... will be interesting/nerdy to see if it comes off

yeah, last years mock ups had the toyota logo above the toyota text and it actually looked pretty good.

Clarke

Juniors

If St George Illawarra ever switch away from the Illawarra jersey as their away jersey they should go with something like this. It's mostly red and in a way represents Illawarra. But only if the Illawarra side want to do this and aren't forced into it and if it's picked up by the Illawarra junior teams. The thing I guess I am getting out is that Illawarra aren't forced to not change their jersey just because they are part of a merger. I think as the away jersey represents Illawarra then most people will be happy.

_Johnsy

Referee
As a lifelong (since the age of 4) St. George fan I think that having the "Illawarra" jersey as our main alternate is non-negotiable.

IMG_5003.jpg

Prometheus

Juniors
If St George Illawarra ever switch away from the Illawarra jersey as their away jersey they should go with something like this. It's mostly red and in a way represents Illawarra. But only if the Illawarra side want to do this and aren't forced into it and if it's picked up by the Illawarra junior teams. The thing I guess I am getting out is that Illawarra aren't forced to not change their jersey just because they are part of a merger. I think as the away jersey represents Illawarra then most people will be happy.

I liked that Adidas jersey with its white flames on the side and I was disappointed that I found out it was changing too late to buy one. Especially when I saw the "Wolverine" jersey that Reebok were replacing it with. The switch to the old Steelers design in 2011 made up for it though.

As a lifelong (since the age of 4) St. George fan I think that having the "Illawarra" jersey as our main alternate is non-negotiable.

Damn right!

Lets not forget that plenty of St George legends came from the Illawarra region and played in scarlet and white. Langlands was first spotted by the Sydney clubs when beating the GB Lions as part of an Illawarra rep side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts