What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
IMO the knights logo is one of the better ones in the comp along with Saints and NZ.

applesauce

Bench
The Knights should never change. In 20yrs they will have an iconic sporting logo that carries tradition and class you can't design overnight.

BunniesMan

Immortal
FFS this is getting beyond a joke. The AFL teams charge over $1mill in some cases for a patch only twice the size of that new sponsorship on the Raiders.

We have 4 more sponsors and bigger surface areas on our jerseys yet many clubs cant sign a $1mill+/year primary sponsorship.

The accumulation of sponsors actually devalues the sum of the parts.
Exactly. A basic rule of business is supply and demand and whatever dickhead decided on the sponsorship rules for NRL jerseys obviously missed that unit in Uni. Clubs have so much sponsorship space to sell, and potential sponsors know it, so each slot on the jersey/shorts is worth so much less.

If the NRL changed the rules to a maximum of 2 small sponsorship slots instead of the million we have now, I bet the clubs would get the same amount of total revenue and would have much better looking jerseys.

Perth Red

Post Whore
For any jersey collectors interested in buying the first ever WC Pirates jersey the home and away go on presale shortly:

The inaugural West Coast Pirates SG Ball jerseys have been unveiled! These will be available for pre-order from the WARL website (http://warugbyleague.com.au/store/products/) from 12pm WST tomorrow
Delivery for pre-orders will be in the first week of December.
Pirate Crew members receive the discounted price of $100 (full price $110) for Adult sizes, and $80 (full price $90) for Junior sizes.

Fire

First Grade
Thanks for posting Saint Doc.

Yeah the Dragons print on the CS jersey is a bit much. Maybe on a t-shirt. I won't be getting it.

Will definitely be getting the retro jersey, will also get the red training jacket.

Looks like they've gone for a black theme with the merch this year, it's not too bad.

Souths new Star logo is shocking, worthy of a lol@souffs.

Prometheus

Juniors
It would seem away jersey confirmed

Not necessarily. The website you got that picture from belongs to the same store where I took my photos. It could still be an error within their ordering system.

And where is the 2013 St George Illawarra Dragons 'Illawarra' away strip?

The Dragons assure me that it will be there and that the red and white striped jersey in the picture doesn't really exist.

Frailty

First Grade
Exactly. A basic rule of business is supply and demand and whatever dickhead decided on the sponsorship rules for NRL jerseys obviously missed that unit in Uni. Clubs have so much sponsorship space to sell, and potential sponsors know it, so each slot on the jersey/shorts is worth so much less.

If the NRL changed the rules to a maximum of 2 small sponsorship slots instead of the million we have now, I bet the clubs would get the same amount of total revenue and would have much better looking jerseys.

You are really a dumb merkin aren't you? I suppose you have more knowledge and experience than the people in charge of the NRL in every position don't you? Get over yourself you dumb shit.

As for the Souths sponsor design change - it's shit, but at least it beats a cats bum hole. And their alternate should be their 'Away jersey'. Completely idiotic they can have essentially the same jersey as home and away.

Dragons jerseys - Looking like they are trying to break away from Illawarra again.

Zigwaa

Bench
Not too happy with the Souths new sponsor design, the last year's one was the best intergration into the jersey. They've gone backwards with the sponsor box, i guess the sponsors pay the money they get the representation they want.

The new alternate looks good with the double v.

How is it idiotic to have a home and away differentiated by different colour side panels, collar and shorts?
It maintains the iconic souths design of red and green hoops whilst differentiating slightly for our different home and away sponsors. Not that hard to understand and not worth the criticism their jerseys receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.