What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAZF

First Grade
Hey GAZF have you done your new Tigers concepts yet? Wouldn't mind seeing for ideas for my local club strip for next season.

Not yet, at the moment I am leadning towards keeping it similar to these but adding more orange to the black jersey.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Warriors are like Penrith- they need to get their branding sorted and settled. There's nothing about their image that is readily identifiable...
Completely agree!

Teams need to choose colours and stick to them. Develop a long term branding plan.

GAZF

First Grade
Completely agree!

Teams need to choose colours and stick to them. Develop a long term branding plan.

And consistent elements! Chopping and changing styles is just as damaging as changing colours.

GAZF

First Grade
Rep jerseys (where applicable) should have the coat of arms over the heart, opposite their logo. State of Origin logo could go on the sleeve or on the back below the neck.

sheepbender

Juniors
I agree that the Warriors have had their phases,
95-96 - Blue, Green, Red, White
97-00 - White, Blue, Red
01-02 - Black, Blue, Red, White
03-08 - Black, Silver
09-11 - Black, White
12-? - Black, Red, White

But nothing has drastically changed. Yes white to black is big, but it made sense.. The 03-11 period, in my opinion were the worst & most unimaginative jerseys the sports seen. So I was glad they added the Red this year. I would have preferred green, ala the Maori jerseys..

GAZF

First Grade
03-05 was alright, 06-11 was not. Hopefully the Warriors can stick with black/white/red, its a strong colour set and wouldn't be confused with the Bears so long as they keep to a similar style.

LineBall

Juniors
Wish Warriors would go back to their original Auckland colours of blue, green and white.

If another NZ team comes into the comp, wouldn't it be better for the warriors to revert back to Auckland anyway, and to do it now rather than later? Would seem a bit strange having the New Zealand Warriors, and then Wellington whatever's playing in the same comp.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wish Warriors would go back to their original Auckland colours of blue, green and white.

If another NZ team comes into the comp, wouldn't it be better for the warriors to revert back to Auckland anyway, and to do it now rather than later? Would seem a bit strange having the New Zealand Warriors, and then Wellington whatever's playing in the same comp.
Auckland v Wellington would sound so much better. But technically the Warriors aren't even "New Zealand". In their wish to become a soulless franchise they are technically just "the Warriors". FFS, "Vodafone" is on their logo instead of "New Zealand".

If/when there is a 2nd NZ team hopefully the Warriors will get some more pride for where they are from and give themselves a proper name.

Auckland's colours are blue and white. The red and the green on the 95 Warriors jersey represented their major sponsor DB brewery.

The current red added to the Warriors jerseys is for the the sponsor Vodafone, so rather than just sponsoring the team they are playing in the corporate colours of Voda.

Expansion

Juniors
Auckland v Wellington would sound so much better. But technically the Warriors aren't even "New Zealand". In their wish to become a soulless franchise they are technically just "the Warriors". FFS, "Vodafone" is on their logo instead of "New Zealand".

Incorrect, while the branding of the club in question is just "Warriors" and for sponsorship reasons are the "Vodafone Warriors" the legal name of the club is "New Zealand Warriors Limited".

Stinkler

Juniors
SHARKS 2013 MEMBERS JERSEY
Members_0020_Jersey_m.jpg

SHARKS 2013 TRAINING JERSEY
Training_0020_Jersey_0020_front_m.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
Sharks training jersey is unique. Catalan has just claimed the world record for shallowest V, probably doesn't need black either but its not awful. Do I spy a new ISC collar?

Canard

Immortal
Incorrect, while the branding of the club in question is just "Warriors" and for sponsorship reasons are the "Vodafone Warriors" the legal name of the club is "New Zealand Warriors Limited".

This myth about the Warriors seems to do the rounds on LU.

Every club has a similar sponsor arrangement i..e the Toyota Cowboys, the Star City Rabbitohs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts