What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Junior Reps (Harold Matts & SG Ball) plus other news

Keenan

Juniors
You guys are kidding aren't you!
Lmao...If there good enough,then they are old enough.

As for Dallin Watene-Zelesniak,the SGBALL comp should be thankful he was elevated to U/20s or you may of just handed the SGBALL trophy to the Panthers at the start of season.
The kid is a once in a generation player who plays well above his age & is tearing up the NYC Competition.

As for non inclusion of 17 yr olds in NSW U/18s squad,once again if they are good enough and are playing much better footy than the year old players then they should wear the Blue Jumper regardless of age!

...Better let you guys get back to your cup of tea and cupcakes...lol

magpie4ever

First Grade

As for Dallin Watene-Zelesniak,the SGBALL comp should be thankful he was elevated to U/20s or you may of just handed the SGBALL trophy to the Panthers at the start of season.
The kid is a once in a generation player who plays well above his age & is tearing up the NYC Competition.

As for non inclusion of 17 yr olds in NSW U/18s squad,once again if they are good enough and are playing much better footy than the year old players then they should wear the Blue Jumper regardless of age!

You are a strange dude, indeed. My guess, generation Z.:lol:

Tucantango

Juniors

M4E,

Don't even bother arguing with the f-wit! He'll only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience! Besides I take pity on him as he obviously thinks the world revolves around Penrith and that the other teams haven't taken some of their U/18's up to the U/20's.

Tyrone's little brother obviously has a short memory and forgets that Parra touched his team up several weeks ago and did so without the likes of Clay and Moeroa (who as we know are both in the Parra U/20's and killing it).

Last but not least if he only knew who you really were. At least you have earned the right to 'talk the talk' because unlike him you have 'walked the walk' and so has your son!

You can't educate idiots mate so why bother. Shit-heads like him just give this forum a bad name! Anyway he has only posted several times, so maybe he might piss off soon!

magpie4ever

First Grade
M4E,

Don't even bother arguing with the f-wit! He'll only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience! Besides I take pity on him as he obviously thinks the world revolves around Penrith and that the other teams haven't taken some of their U/18's up to the U/20's.

Tyrone's little brother obviously has a short memory and forgets that Parra touched his team up several weeks ago and did so without the likes of Clay and Moeroa (who as we know are both in the Parra U/20's and killing it).

Last but not least if he only knew who you really were. At least you have earned the right to 'talk the talk' because unlike him you have 'walked the walk' and so has your son!

You can't educate idiots mate so why bother. Shit-heads like him just give this forum a bad name! Anyway he has only posted several times, so maybe he might piss off soon!

Tucs,

Spot on.

I reckon Tepai, Zack and Dallin will be named in the NSW U18's; unless Tepai is refused permission from Newington, I noticed he did not play in the NYC last round. He will obviously need to make his choice, shortly.

Keenan

Juniors
Lol at me mate TUC...too much sugar in that batch of cupcakes I see...

I suppose you also claped your hands & feet together when they banned the shoulder charge,lol..

No need for name calling my pal,lets keep it civil.Its great we barrack & support our teams passionately on here but TUC your stepping over the boundries dont you think with the name calling,actually discussing underage kids you'd fit right in that catorgory with that tirade!

M4E & I are just freely discussing junior foory with a bit of humour & no offence intended...

Tucantango

Juniors
Tucs,

Spot on.

I reckon Tepai, Zack and Dallin will be named in the NSW U18's; unless Tepai is refused permission from Newington, I noticed he did not play in the NYC last round. He will obviously need to make his choice, shortly.

Mate, you could be right on that one! Tepai did make the Australian Schoolboys rugby team that beat the 'Baby Blacks' in NZ last year (which was no mean feat) and Tepai played well. Given his selection you would assume he would make the Australian Schoolboys team for 2013, and there is a lot on offer!

For example it is my understanding that this year Sydney is hosting a schoolboys rugby union four nations tournament between Australia, NZ, South Africa and England. This has never occurred in the history of junior rugby. In addition there is a spring tour to the UK playing the four home nations.

You have talked of that special group of players that were born in 1959 well you might recall Wally Lewis and Michael O'Connor going on the same immortalised schoolboy rugby tour of 1977. Both were soon to convert to league and looked what they achieved (both SOO and Australian rugby league legends).

Put it this way Manu Sutherland of the ARU will no doubt be asking Tepai to make an election. And remember how he withdrew from the NSWRL U/17 team that was to play England last year; and surprise surprise, not long after he was chosen in the NSWSRU and Australian Schools teams.

I wouldn't be surprised, the kid is a big talent and rugby has a lot on offer for him!

Keenan

Juniors
I'm sorry ECT but I cannot engage you in a competition of witty repartee as I have a steadfast rule about arguing with idiots.

When you argue with idiots they always bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

Geez where have I seen this quote before?

My mate TUC recycling his quotes again...your opinion buddy isn't Law & I couldn't care less who is who or what they've done,my opinions are my own & not to satisfy others TUC...So get your tongue out of it!

Yep the Panthers were beaten by the Eels but didn't the Panthers put your mob away also?

Waiting on your commentary on that game,lol...

Tucantango

Juniors
... ... ... When you argue with idiots they always bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience! ... ... ... Geez where have I seen this quote before? My mate TUC recycling his quotes again... ... ...

It's more of a steadfast life rule which actually works!

Better still I'm sitting here LMFAO that you needed to go to such great lengths and take the time to troll through all my posts to come back with that response!

My friend you need to get a life!!! Perhaps your time would be better spent starting up a web based fan club for your brother!

Keenan

Juniors
It's more of a steadfast life rule which actually works!

Better still I'm sitting here LMFAO that you needed to go to such great lengths and take the time to troll through all my posts to come back with that response!

My friend you need to get a life!!! Perhaps your time would be better spent starting up a web based fan club for your brother!

Lol at my pal TUC...didn't have to search far to read the rhetoric,repetitive BS you use to troll others into submission (Hi Panther Daz)

Better yet my friend lets meet up at the game this week & Ill buy you a beer & a meat pie & cheer our sides on like real men do.Surely your sick of eating those cupcakes?

magpie4ever

First Grade
Mate, you could be right on that one! Tepai did make the Australian Schoolboys rugby team that beat the 'Baby Blacks' in NZ last year (which was no mean feat) and Tepai played well. Given his selection you would assume he would make the Australian Schoolboys team for 2013, and there is a lot on offer!

For example it is my understanding that this year Sydney is hosting a schoolboys rugby union four nations tournament between Australia, NZ, South Africa and England. This has never occurred in the history of junior rugby. In addition there is a spring tour to the UK playing the four home nations.

You have talked of that special group of players that were born in 1959 well you might recall Wally Lewis and Michael O'Connor going on the same immortalised schoolboy rugby tour of 1977. Both were soon to convert to league and looked what they achieved (both SOO and Australian rugby league legends).

Put it this way Manu Sutherland of the ARU will no doubt be asking Tepai to make an election. And remember how he withdrew from the NSWRL U/17 team that was to play England last year; and surprise surprise, not long after he was chosen in the NSWSRU and Australian Schools teams.

I wouldn't be surprised, the kid is a big talent and rugby has a lot on offer for him!

It is a big call to be made: the tour to the UK at the end of the year would be hard to pass up. I can't see how he can play in the GPS comp and the NYC - I reckon he and his family will make the call in the next few weeks - which ever way he goes I'm sure he will succeed - you could be right he might do a Wally.

Re: Panther Daz: Dallin is therefore an U18s player this season.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Lol at my pal TUC...didn't have to search far to read the rhetoric,repetitive BS you use to troll others into submission (Hi Panther Daz)

Better yet my friend lets meet up at the game this week & Ill buy you a beer & a meat pie & cheer our sides on like real men do.Surely your sick of eating those cupcakes?

Kennan, the sale of beer is banned at junior rugby league games.:lol:

half_back

Juniors
It is a big call to be made: the tour to the UK at the end of the year would be hard to pass up. I can't see how he can play in the GPS comp and the NYC - I reckon he and his family will make the call in the next few weeks - which ever way he goes I'm sure he will succeed - you could be right he might do a Wally.

Re: Panther Daz: Dallin is therefore an U18s player this season.

My bad re: Dallin should have done my homework. I think you'll find all three Newington boys will play GPS rugby exclusively once it begins, which I assume is soon. Tepai and Taane are both playing 20s and I'd imagine Joey Lussick wouldn't be far away from a call up either after his stellar ball season. Although all 3 are on scholarship so that would surely come with the condition of playing GPS rugby. You'd also imagine that all 3 would have to be close to OZ schools contention and as mentioned you couldn't pass up the UK trip. Tuc or M4E I would have thought the boys, would have generally made a commitment by now unless hedging their bets to not preclude them from the tour. I'd be surprised if the roosters or parra would have not tried to or in fact already have contracted the boys given they have already been promoted to NYC. In regards the 18s game as Tepai played 16s you'd think the school would let him play 18s. I know you mentioned Tuc them pulling him from the 17s but it doesn't have the prestige of this game.

Tucantango

Juniors
My bad re: Dallin should have done my homework. I think you'll find all three Newington boys will play GPS rugby exclusively once it begins, which I assume is soon. Tepai and Taane are both playing 20s and I'd imagine Joey Lussick wouldn't be far away from a call up either after his stellar ball season. Although all 3 are on scholarship so that would surely come with the condition of playing GPS rugby. You'd also imagine that all 3 would have to be close to OZ schools contention and as mentioned you couldn't pass up the UK trip. Tuc or M4E I would have thought the boys, would have generally made a commitment by now unless hedging their bets to not preclude them from the tour. I'd be surprised if the roosters or parra would have not tried to or in fact already have contracted the boys given they have already been promoted to NYC. In regards the 18s game as Tepai played 16s you'd think the school would let him play 18s. I know you mentioned Tuc them pulling him from the 17s but it doesn't have the prestige of this game.

HB,

With respect to making an 'election/commitment', could not agree with you more! It is usually made by now but such is the talent of these 3 boys you mention above (and the fact they are in the GPS system [and the same school]) they are still able to hedge their bets! Nevertheless I would hate to think of the toll it would have on their bodies. In saying all that I would also note your other valid point about what the Parra and the Roosters are doing to enforce any (if any) contractual obligations.

With regard to your other point which concerned being released for the 18's, it my understanding that junior rugby union at the school level places much more emphasis on the 18's than it does on the 16's (or U/17's). The 16's have a national championship (which is more or less the equivalent of league's 15's) but unlike league it doesn't select an Australian team at the conclusion (albeit a 'Merit Team'). The 18's however are a different kettle of fish altogether and last year when Tepai was a withdrawal from the U/17's the rugby U/18 's selection process was in full swing!

The 18's national championships for union is built into into the ARU framework where not only are participants selected for either the 'Australian A' or 'Australian' teams, but the same are generally earmarked and selected for the ARU's U/20's programs which revolve around building teams for the annual 'IRB U/20's World Champoionship'. In addition the same players generally go into the various 'Super Rugby Academies'.

There are two recent standout junior ('league to union') converts that come to mind to whom the ARU's chief recruitment officer, Manu Sutherland, was able to sell the dream of rugby. The first one is Rob Horne, ex-Dragons junior now current NSW and Australian Inside Centre. And even more recently, Jim Stewart, an ex- Manly junior who was selected in Australian U/15's Merit Team, converted to rugby and was selected for the Australian Schoolboy's last year. In fact him and Tepai were the partners in the centres!

There is no doubt in my mind that Tepai will be selected for the U/18's NSWRL team (to play at Suncorp on 26 June 2013) if he is available. However the GPS rugby commences in mid-May 2013; then from 18-21 June the U/18 NSWSRU trials are being held for selection of the NSWSRU 1 and 2 teams. The teams will be selected on the following day on 22 June 2013. The two NSWSRU teams will then compete at the U/18 ASRU Championship which is being held in Sydney from 30 June to 6 July 2013. Now here is the killer blow; the NSWSRU teams go into camp on 24 or 25 June 2013! and right bang smack in the middle of all this rugby union is the U/18 SOO!

Now last year Tepai made the Australian team, and Taane made the Australian A team, but both made the NSWSRU 1 team so you can expect this to occur again given the exemplary form of both player this season. Lussick has always been there as well and should make the NSWSRU No.2 team (but i dont think he will be in contention for an U/18 SOO spot), so all I can say is what a dilemma! WHICH WAY DO YOU GO?

Tuc

Latest posts