What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Junior Reps (Harold Matts & SG Ball) plus other news

ballbag

Juniors
Knights ball got beat 24-16 by SWSA
I'd say the knights didn't turn up and have cost them two points
Tigers next week who are coming off a loss

Tucantango

Juniors
Knights ball got beat 24-16 by SWSA
I'd say the knights didn't turn up and have cost them two points
Tigers next week who are coming off a loss

Well round two will conclude tomorrow with the Eagles v Centrurions match and if usual predictions are right then we will see only four teams at the top unbeaten, but then again it has been anything but a predictable start to the season.

The coaches no doubt will have now worked out where the strengths and weaknesses now lay within their respective squads and will probably adjust the same accordingly. Therefore i would expect certain players who would have otherwise spent the season clapping their teammates onto the field will themselves get a chance next week.

Good luck to all!

KAB

Juniors
Well round two will conclude tomorrow with the Eagles v Centrurions match and if usual predictions are right then we will see only four teams at the top unbeaten, but then again it has been anything but a predictable start to the season.

The coaches no doubt will have now worked out where the strengths and weaknesses now lay within their respective squads and will probably adjust the same accordingly. Therefore i would expect certain players who would have otherwise spent the season clapping their teammates onto the field will themselves get a chance next week.

Good luck to all!
Well there will be some soul searching up at the Coast. These boys really need to knuckle down or its going to be long season. I believe there are going to be some changes for this coming week. Time will tell

Well there will be some soul searching up at the Coast. These boys really need to knuckle down or its going to be long season. I believe there are going to be some changes for this coming week. Time will tell

I don't know ... were they expected to be top eight contenders ? They have a very young side ... Sharpe, Blinco, Langbridge, the Saifiti twins, Kemplen, Liddle, Casson, Connor, Tarchichi, Bell and Bogle have all come directly from last years Matthews Cup team. Short of mass defections during the off season I think they'll be very competitive in the 18s next season.

The Centurions are back at Woy Woy Oval this weekend and I've got a sneaky suspicion that the Rabbitohs, coming off an easy win last week may be travelling up with a cruisy kind of vibe ... I could be totally wrong but reckon they may get one hell of a shock.

leepen leeroy

Juniors
Hi all,
As you would know from my previous posts " love the Magpies".Well the HM team are going great guns two from two and on F/A are leading the HM comp.
There test comes this week against WSASS who almost beat one of the favs Newcastle edge to egde wests defence is awesome and there attack is beginning to really gel,the early prediction of wests,souths,knights,parra top 4 is one of greatness I think this will be the top 4 the order will be interesting.

KAB

Juniors
I don't know ... were they expected to be top eight contenders ? They have a very young side ... Sharpe, Blinco, Langbridge, the Saifiti twins, Kemplen, Liddle, Casson, Connor, Tarchichi, Bell and Bogle have all come directly from last years Matthews Cup team. Short of mass defections during the off season I think they'll be very competitive in the 18s next season.

The Centurions are back at Woy Woy Oval this weekend and I've got a sneaky suspicion that the Rabbitohs, coming off an easy win last week may be travelling up with a cruisy kind of vibe ... I could be totally wrong but reckon they may get one hell of a shock.

Yes you are correct, they are young side you also missed Shaq Mitchell. They wouldx be the youngest in the comp. Still that is no excuse. And yes they had 1 or 2 leave to go to other clubs. The club has come along way in 3 yrs. If other clubs leave the coast kids on the coast in their junior area. you may see them in the top 8.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Hi all,
As you would know from my previous posts " love the Magpies".Well the HM team are going great guns two from two and on F/A are leading the HM comp.
There test comes this week against WSASS who almost beat one of the favs Newcastle edge to egde wests defence is awesome and there attack is beginning to really gel,the early prediction of wests,souths,knights,parra top 4 is one of greatness I think this will be the top 4 the order will be interesting.

Go the "Maggies"; but I wouldn't right off the penny panthers not to be in the top 4.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Yes you are correct, they are young side you also missed Shaq Mitchell. They wouldx be the youngest in the comp. Still that is no excuse. And yes they had 1 or 2 leave to go to other clubs. The club has come along way in 3 yrs. If other clubs leave the coast kids on the coast in their junior area. you may see them in the top 8.

I know Parra & the Pennies are carrying about 8-10 U17's in their squads.

Duck63

Juniors
The dragons also have 12 or 13 young ones in there squad this year. All local kids great to see.

chopped liver

Juniors
first post bit unsure of how to use site but KAB is right the coast has been pillaged by other clubs for years one who i wont name in particular. Last year was the first time in a while that a lot of the boys stayed together. This year in matts we have lost a lot of quality but in smaller numbers so if the coast is given a chance to grow yes we will become highly competetive every year

magpie4ever

First Grade
first post bit unsure of how to use site but KAB is right the coast has been pillaged by other clubs for years one who i wont name in particular. Last year was the first time in a while that a lot of the boys stayed together. This year in matts we have lost a lot of quality but in smaller numbers so if the coast is given a chance to grow yes we will become highly competetive every year

I hope Central Coast can retain their players in future years. I don't understand why a parent would drive their son an hour plus to Manly or an hour to Newcastle 2 to 3 times per week. They should understand if they place a strong coast team in Matts or Ball - they are more likely noticed by NRL clubs but by dividing themselves actually weakens that opportunity.

Now I not having a go at your SG Ball squad but I find it strange that as KAB mentioned so many of your last years Matts side are playing SG Ball this year - they were a middle table side - so waiting until their appropriate year in 2014 should have been the case; in my mind playing a year to early.

Hope to see the Central Coast Bears one day soon.

Beefy

Juniors
The reason that a parent would drive their son from the CC to Newcastle or Manly is to provide the best opportunity for him to acheive his goals. Both these club provide a career path, the coast doesn't.

Another factor that is not discussed is the development fees associated with a player from the coast the longer they stay in that system the more the CCRL want therefore making a coast player not viable.

As much as I want to see a Bear's Team it's NEVER gunna happen !! Sorry Bears Supporters.

ballbag

Juniors
Went and watched balmain knights yesterday. Saw last 15 of Matt's game and Newcastle seemed to clock off with the game out if balmains hands. They were again very well drilled. Different story in ball. Tigers led 20-6 at halftime on the back if a mountain of possession. In the second half the knights retained a bit more ball and competed a bit more after a halftime blast from the coach. Hard to single out anyone good from the knights but their 15 bench hooker tackled his guts out. The tigers middle third had a field day along with Matthew woods who had a good day down balmains left edge. Easy to see why the tigers are competition heavyweights

Youngguns2013

Juniors
Was at the Balmain v Knights game on Saturday. Played in atrociuos conditions with Knights back to their good form despite weather. For me Cogger was the play maker this week. That boy will go far. He plays a perfect game. Lamb good again and his kicking and ball positioning is surperb. The knights showed up in defence unlike last week at St Marys and a brilliant near length of the field run by their fullback Lachlan Gallegos to stop the Balmain wingers dash from an intercept was brilliant and had the crowd on their feet. It was nice to see the knights get the ball to the backs this week and they showed that they know what to do with it when they do.
Special mentions to Jack French with two tries, and a new winger Callen Guest i think his name is who played well and scored in the corner from a beautiful pass from the fullback.
Well done Knights. Keep it up boys

In SG the poor knights were out classed by a very big and talented Balmain. The first half everything was against them with a million penalties and a major injury to their 5/8 Nic Andrews who from all reports dislocted his wrist. The second half was a better effort but the Tigers came away with the points. I sure wouldnt like to be going to training this week up their in Newcastle :(

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith have been very impressive to date in both age groups.

SG Ball will be bolstered further in the coming weeks with some key players returning from injury. This will create a selection nightmare for coach Mark Horo.