What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Something to consider is that not all clubs went on sale at the same time...

Stagger Lee

Bench
Something to consider is that not all clubs went on sale at the same time...

Indeed

I have not seen any xmas advertising that membership tickets would make excellent Christmas presents, which they would; A missed opportunity?

yadamisha

Juniors
You have to remember cronulla is years behind other clubs in what they have been able to spend on promoting and building memberships because of the cash flow problems they had.

The clubs increased marketing ability to promote and manage memberships will start this year but will really ramp up next year with the increased cashflow in the club. This will bring its spend on memberships in line with the clubs who have been more active in promoting memberships and hence have large numbers now as a result of their previous years work.

There is a large portion of cronulla leagues club life/perpetual members who think that membership is what we are talking about here. It's all about education and promotion, something cronulla has not done well previously because of lack of resources for membership.

newman

First Grade
You have to remember cronulla is years behind other clubs in what they have been able to spend on promoting and building memberships because of the cash flow problems they had.

The clubs increased marketing ability to promote and manage memberships will start this year but will really ramp up next year with the increased cashflow in the club. This will bring its spend on memberships in line with the clubs who have been more active in promoting memberships and hence have large numbers now as a result of their previous years work.

There is a large portion of cronulla leagues club life/perpetual members who think that membership is what we are talking about here. It's all about education and promotion, something cronulla has not done well previously because of lack of resources for membership.

Correct. The sharks only recently employed their first membership manager. I believe they came highly regarded from the Queensland reds. They have set an aggressive target of 10k members and it probably will take 2 years to achieve that.

Frailty

First Grade
Shhh yadamisha and newman... Just let the plebs continue to bash the Sharks... It's all they know how to do.

yadamisha

Juniors

BunniesMan

Immortal
Article about QLD clubs membership from all codes.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-membership-kick/story-e6frep5x-1226532537944

Over time, Broncos should have the most members out of any QLD sporting club. The Reds took full advantage of there bandwagon and capitalize on it in quick space of time. When comparing the success between the two the Broncos should be in front all the time.
Is that right that the Titans have not released their numbers? How can you set a target when you won't even release something every other club does.

hardbaby

Coach
Seems a weird figure to hide. You should be proud of it. I hope all teams increase their membership numbers next year.

yadamisha

Juniors
Right. So at the Reds they sold memberships on the back of winning the Stupid 15. How will they manage at the Sharks?

So you are saying the only reason they bought a membership is because they won the Super 15 - is that the pre-requisite to membership growth. How are South?s doing it then based on your theory? :roll:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So you are saying the only reason they bought a membership is because they won the Super 15 - is that the pre-requisite to membership growth. How are South?s doing it then based on your theory? :roll:
Mate Brisbane is the biggest bandgwagon town you have ever seen, most of those members have jumped on the Reds train and jumped off the Lions one.

So you are saying the only reason they bought a membership is because they won the Super 15 - is that the pre-requisite to membership growth. How are South’s doing it then based on your theory? :roll:

Yes I am saying that a huge number of Reds members bought meberships because of the success of the side. Why is that not the case with LOL@50(c)ff$? Um, because they are a completely different club, in a different sport and a different city maybe. Brisbane folk will jump on any bandwagon in town while LOL@50(c)ff$ fans are deluded geniuss. How does that compare with your insinuated "theory" that because the Sharks have a former Reds emplyee that they are suddenly going to sign up heaps of members like the Reds did?

some11

Referee
Mate Brisbane is the biggest bandgwagon town you have ever seen, most of those members have jumped on the Reds train and jumped off the Lions one.

Correct, I know a bunch of people that suddenly became roar 'fans' after their recent success, and after a couple of losses now couldn't give two shits.

Reds, Roar and Lions can suck my hairy beanbag.

taipan

Referee
Yes I am saying that a huge number of Reds members bought meberships because of the success of the side. Why is that not the case with LOL@50(c)ff$? Um, because they are a completely different club, in a different sport and a different city maybe. Brisbane folk will jump on any bandwagon in town while LOL@50(c)ff$ fans are deluded geniuss. How does that compare with your insinuated "theory" that because the Sharks have a former Reds emplyee that they are suddenly going to sign up heaps of members like the Reds did?

Perhaps it's because he has the expertise to increase membership numbers ,than has been the case in the past for the Sharks.He is hardly a novice.the club did not have the wherewithall to push memberships,which they do now.
They had a 156% increase in the early days for next years signing up .

156% of f**k all is still f**k all.

And being ahead of previous years isn't that hard, especially for a brief period of time. Most clubs manage that.

yadamisha

Juniors
156% of f**k all is still f**k all.

And being ahead of previous years isn't that hard, especially for a brief period of time. Most clubs manage that.

And the Sharks don't have two lots of fan bases to boost their numbers like the merged clubs do. Split the tigers numbers in half and how are you doing? I'd be more worried about your club than mine. At least we are now moving forward with track record experience in our Membership team - something we have never had.

You need your Balmain development to get approved.

Latest posts