What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

forby

Juniors
I am not valuing one membership above another! I am only asking that apples get compared with apples.
Put the categories of memberships on the numbers. If all types of memberships are lumped together then the numbers are completely worthless. As I said before Penrith would trump everybody by tens of thousands because all licensed club members are football club members, but they only list ticketed members to give a bit of reality to their numbers unlike Souths etc!

Lucky Roy

Juniors
I am not valuing one membership above another! I am only asking that apples get compared with apples.
Put the categories of memberships on the numbers. If all types of memberships are lumped together then the numbers are completely worthless. As I said before Penrith would trump everybody by tens of thousands because all licensed club members are football club members, but they only list ticketed members to give a bit of reality to their numbers unlike Souths etc!

To match Penrith, all Souths would have to do would be to quote the Juniors and Souths on Chalmers membership. It's about the same and is equally irrelevant. Whatever Souths ticketed/membership ratio is, it is money in the bank. And that's all that matters. If club A has 21000 members and club B has 6000, who do you think will have more money to spend? Last year, Souths ticketed ratio was somewhere between 70-80%. If that is the same this year, then we can assume around 16000 ticketed so far. That is over five million in the kick plus whatever they can get for the rest. Seems like a good deal to me.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Knights up to 14,195. Think it's safe to say we'll fall short of our 20k mark.

juro

Bench
So is there going to be any membership battles between the various teams again like in recent years? Normally that was being run in February, wasn't it?

Broncs and Tits might be affected by the floods again.

There's only so many $$$ in the back pocket, and having to bloody well rebuild for the second time in three years will be hard on the household budget.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
f**k...sorry, did not even see that when typed.

Edited.

Apology PM sent.

Seriously...was not taking the mick. Just justifying the possible reason for lower membership take up.

Joking mate!!! :)

Course I know what you meant, It was just an unfortunate choice of wording!

Clarke

Juniors
You got nothing better to do than be a smartarse at 12:25 in the morning?

You're time zone may not be my current or permanent time zone. I also was not being a smartarse.

Although I must be crazy and geniused to not only read what you post but actually reply to it!

Feej

First Grade
As of the 5th of Feb:
538050_10151466147585993_1941041518_n.jpg
Do you think they should change "Earn your wings" to something like "punch above your weight"?? :sarcasm:

Lucky Roy

Juniors
Manly Tally: 6,031

This for a team that refuses point blank to play anywhere but Brookvale with it's tin sheds. If it's good enough for all the Melbourne AFL teams to play out of two venues then it's good enough for the Sydney NRL teams. This "fans won't travel" business is crap. If Souths can average nearly 20,000 at Homebush is there any sensible reason why Manly can't do similar at the SFS (or even the SCG)?

They are spotting the big Sydney clubs around 3-4 million EACH YEAR in membership/gate money. At this rate, it is an absolute certainty that they will go broke. Same goes for any team thinking they can compete playing at the likes of Kogarah (although their membership numbers are pretty impressive), Leichhardt, Campbelltown, Penrith or (insert ex sponsor, wahtever is applicable these days) Field for Cronulla. Parramatta is borderline but perhaps with the A League success, someone might be able to convince Fat Barry to stump up some funds for improvements/extensions.

Can anyone seriously point out which Melbourne clubs are suffering by not playing out of dumps like Windy Hil, Victoria Park et al instead of huge, modern stadiums with all the money making corporate facilities laid on?

elbusto

Coach
'Can anyone seriously point out which Melbourne clubs are suffering by not playing out of dumps like Windy Hil, Victoria Park et al instead of huge, modern stadiums with all the money making corporate facilities laid on?'

North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and Melbourne. They are going down the shit hole. Whether playing in smaller grounds would help or otherwise is arguable.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So is there going to be any membership battles between the various teams again like in recent years? Normally that was being run in February, wasn't it?
Really would be disappointing if there is none of this. Gave most teams a good boost.

BunniesMan

Immortal
This for a team that refuses point blank to play anywhere but Brookvale with it's tin sheds. If it's good enough for all the Melbourne AFL teams to play out of two venues then it's good enough for the Sydney NRL teams. This "fans won't travel" business is crap. If Souths can average nearly 20,000 at Homebush is there any sensible reason why Manly can't do similar at the SFS (or even the SCG)?

They are spotting the big Sydney clubs around 3-4 million EACH YEAR in membership/gate money. At this rate, it is an absolute certainty that they will go broke. Same goes for any team thinking they can compete playing at the likes of Kogarah (although their membership numbers are pretty impressive), Leichhardt, Campbelltown, Penrith or (insert ex sponsor, wahtever is applicable these days) Field for Cronulla. Parramatta is borderline but perhaps with the A League success, someone might be able to convince Fat Barry to stump up some funds for improvements/extensions.

Can anyone seriously point out which Melbourne clubs are suffering by not playing out of dumps like Windy Hil, Victoria Park et al instead of huge, modern stadiums with all the money making corporate facilities laid on?
I agree with all of this.

And elbusto, those teams would be in even worse condition if they weren't in the modern money making stadiums they're in now.

Saintsified

Bench
with the drug thing hanging over the NRL, clubs will be lucky to sign up anyone from here on in, not good for the game.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

Think that Souths increase in memberships / crowds has more to do with their footy side being highly competitive rather than the move to homebush. Just as the Sharks memberships are up 50% on the same time last year. Also don't underestimate the impact of Rusty and Holmes interest free loan on Souths bottom line either. Not having a go.....I'm enjoying seeing Souths success but its a bit rich to expect everyone to believe that you will go broke by staying at the traditional grounds.

Latest posts