What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Mate, South Sydney have the largest and most widespread supporter base of any team in Rugby League. The major difference is when you were completely rubbish no one living more than 5 years from the ground could be arsed going to watch you.

If Souths had been as successful as Easts from the mid 90's you would have packed out the SFS every bleedin' week and would never have moved.

You are getting better crowds because you play better football, not because you relocated to Homebush. If you win a Premiership watch your membership base get even bigger.

Hear, hear.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Roosters @ 8297.

Players have been in te offices over the last week really pushing memberships. Plenty making calls to get people renewed.

elbusto

Coach
Look at our international members :) Also very interesting to look at a map of Sydney dominated by Souths and Parra to the west, little tiny cluster of Roosters over Bondi Jnct. A lot of Souths members reside in the inner west I was surprised by the number.
THis is a brilliant concept - my wife and I just stuck our imprint on that map - love it.

juro

Bench
That map is an interesting idea, but it won't have much credibility while most suburbs only have 1 member.

Dogs Of War

Coach
You guys want an idea of where people with out of town memberships are based (like when many give it to Souths).

http://member.nrl.com/#stakeYourClaim

It's a bit dodgy when you know that if 2 places have the same amount of members registering, and given that a lot of Souths supporters have got in first, that the team that got in first needs to be overtaken to lose it. So Souths may be equal in lots of these areas.

Souths must have been pushing there members to sign up to the site or something to have that sort of volume in this.

I guess the idea is that they are trying to get people to sign up so they can influence their town/suburb.

It's clear that some clubs, LOL@etc, in particular have been promoting it to their members. Surely, even with their member numbers, there is no way they would be the most popular in some places on the map, ie places that are firmly in other clubs' territory.

But it would be interesting if the NRL got all the membership details and did fill it in so that we can really see where members are from.

VictoryFC

Bench
Claim your territory is absolutely brilliant.

Rabbits are our nations biggest club! Outnumber Storm down here in Melbourne too from the look of it.

elbusto

Coach
http://www.nrl.com/sharks-eels-fans-sign-up-in-record-numbers/tabid/10874/newsid/70757/default.aspx

MembershipBanner.jpg

Latest posts