What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Billythekid

First Grade
Looks like most clubs are on target to beat last years numbers and we will see growth overall, even if it's less than previous years. It's kinda disappointing if the battles idea has been scrapped, it was a nice way to encourage memberships at this point.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The claim your territory thing does get verified. There was 20 odd panther supporters in a certain eastern suburbs suburb. Which was more than the amount of Parra fans in Parra or Dogs fans in Belmore. Clearly a group of people were trolling trying to win a suburb for Penrith so they'd be at the top of the top 10 suburbs rankings.

Whoever is running the thing got rid of that, so somehow some way it does get verified.

SuperiorEasts

Juniors
Lets find the Coffs Harbour rabbitoh, oh wait there won't be one cause bunniesman has no membership :lol:

On topic: I uploaded myself to territory map.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good to see the Dogs pull in front of the Eels. Never a worry IMO.

Will ramp right up in the next few weeks. Not sure why they haven't bothered with the membership battles of years past, certainly seemed to work!

Canard

Immortal
& Manly's numbers .. for a club that won the comp the year before last & were prelim finalists last year

are pathetic .... simply .. pathetic [-(

Maybe Dank could offer his services to the club to see if could "enhance" there membership drive?

yobbo84

Coach
Sydney teams:

Rabbitohs 22,003 (22,154) = 99%
Dragons 16,314 (19,223) = 85%
Bulldogs 12,316 (13,544) = 91%
Eels 12,045 (11,012) = 109%
Roosters 8,397 (10,256) = 82%
Wests Tigers 7,951 (10,305) = 77%
Sharks 7,246 (5,126) = 141%
Sea Eagles 6,548 (10,466) = 63%
Panthers 4,245 (5,686) = 75%

Some shocking numbers in there. The Bulldogs have no excuse not to reach 20k given how cheap their memberships are and the season they just had. The Tigers and Manly... well they're just plain embarrassing.

juro

Bench
Wests Tigers were premiership favourites at this time last year. They also did some special Leichhardt Oval memberships, playing on people's fears of missing out. Those factors would have boosted their 2012 memberships.

This year they are struggling to keep up with last year because they can't replicate those factors.

i reckon sharkies get to 8 thousand by season start.

depending on what happens in the season we may be able to sell a couple hundred more.

anyway, in 2009 we had like 2000 members or something abysmal like that. so we have slowly got our act into gear.

Flapper

First Grade
Many here got multiple memberships? I'm a Tigers and Canberra member, just curious to see if people are joining more than one club.

Canard

Immortal
Was thinking of a Storm season ticket membership, but seeing as I can go to any game and get a ticket anywhere I want all season, It's hard to justify it.

So I just get an Out of town Cowboys one.

Billythekid

First Grade
Many here got multiple memberships? I'm a Tigers and Canberra member, just curious to see if people are joining more than one club.

Storm and knights. I'm a storm fan but i live in Newcastle so that's mostly all i can see. Last year i was also a dogs member (not the full season ticket holder as we can only make a couple of games) so i could watch a few games with my dad in Sydney.

IanG

Coach

Some may have moved from their home town and still support their "home" team and take out non ticketed membership but where they live they adopt them as their second team and take out ticketed membership.

Also do you remember a few years back when Andrew Voss went on that quest to become a non ticketed member of every club in the NRL and did a comparision of the bag of goodies you get.

Last edited:

Cookie67

Juniors
So is there a consistent way of accounting for actual membership. I am hearing Pet membership, free membership etc etc counting. So before everyone jumps on me for asking, No I havent read the 63 other pages - just some of them.