What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Yep, Brisbane and Souths offer 'pet membership'.

But both have confirmed they DO NOT contribute towards their membership tallies.

And considering you can get bereavement / sick leave for pets, hell, you can even get medical and life insurance for pets, I don't see why fans of those clubs can't get their special little poochie-woochie a membership.

But as I said. Wrote and confirmed with BOTH clubs they do not count it in their tallies.

Canard

Immortal
So is there a consistent way of accounting for actual membership. I am hearing Pet membership, free membership etc etc counting. So before everyone jumps on me for asking, No I havent read the 63 other pages - just some of them.

Not really probably the best would be to tally up the actual total $ each clubs membership packages has raised.

Clarke

Juniors
Noticed all the bunnies badges on the map, so I went and visited their site. Surprise, surprise they have "stake your claim" advertised on their home page. Great work as usual regarding advertising membership strats within souths. Is the stake your claim a social media thing, or a concerted NRL membership growth push? Beacause at the moment their doesn't seem to be much cohesion between the NRL and the clubs as a whole...

Damn Souths and them being on top of things!!!

magpie_man

Juniors
http://member.nrl.com/#stakeYourClaim

this claim your territory battle has me intrigued:
yesterday all the rabbitohs and panthers members in merrylands disappeared and now all there is is one dragons fan in there.
the roosters members came out in force today and claimed pretty much the entire eastern suburbs from the rabbitohs.
wtf is the deal with a rabbitohs member in São Tomé and Príncipe?

Lambretta

First Grade
One thing that is never mentioned when we discuss member numbers is the high percentage of Roosters fans that are SCG Trust members

If you are a member of the SCG Trust you are given the following:-

GOLD Member ticket - access to Roosters, Swans, Waratahs, Sydney FC, NSW cricket + tennis courts, gym etc
GOLD Guest ticket - guest ticket for Roosters, Swans, Waratahs, Sydney FC, NSW cricket etc + tennis courts, gym etc
Club cards x 2 - access to Roosters and NSW cricket + tennis courts, gym etc

So if you are a member of the trust you get 4 tickets to every Roosters home game. I often ask guys at work who are Roosters fans if they've got their memberships and they merely reply, no need because they're members of the trust :?

magpie_man

Juniors
One thing that is never mentioned when we discuss member numbers is the high percentage of Roosters fans that are SCG Trust members

If you are a member of the SCG Trust you are given the following:-

GOLD Member ticket - access to Roosters, Swans, Waratahs, Sydney FC, NSW cricket + tennis courts, gym etc
GOLD Guest ticket - guest ticket for Roosters, Swans, Waratahs, Sydney FC, NSW cricket etc + tennis courts, gym etc
Club cards x 2 - access to Roosters and NSW cricket + tennis courts, gym etc

So if you are a member of the trust you get 4 tickets to every Roosters home game. I often ask guys at work who are Roosters fans if they've got their memberships and they merely reply, no need because they're members of the trust :?

this is the case with me, except with the tigers instead of the roosters obviously

slm9

Juniors
Here are some numbers over the last few years that I’ve collected. Not 100% sure of the accuracy but numbers from various newspaper articles and membership threads from previous years. If there are any major inaccuracies let me know and I can fix up. Current numbers are the latest from this thread.
NRLMembers2009-2013_zps1c052081.jpg

firechild

First Grade
And when Manly win the comp, hardly anyone will give a f**k!

You gloat about all your members, yet in 2012 - your most successful season in over 20 years - your club averaged around 2,000 more per game than Manly. More than twice as many members yet only about 12% more in attendances. In 2011 it was only a difference of about 1,000. Seems that even your members don't care. Souffs get less people to their games than they have members and if you factor in away supporters, that's a lot of members that don't bother going to games.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/2012.html

applesauce

Bench
Here are some numbers over the last few years that I’ve collected. Not 100% sure of the accuracy but numbers from various newspaper articles and membership threads from previous years. If there are any major inaccuracies let me know and I can fix up. Current numbers are the latest from this thread.
NRLMembers2009-2013_zps1c052081.jpg

Can you please make 2009->2012 %increase (and 2009->2013 %increase once the final numbers are done) column(s)?

ouwet

Bench
In regards to the Bulldogs I know the DT said we finished last year at 13K odd members, but Todd Greenberg on a number of occassions (Club Functions) said we finished with over 15,000 last season. The DT are aware memberships can be bought during the first so many rounds?

This year we're at 12,700+ (Now), on track for around 17-18K IMO.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You gloat about all your members, yet in 2012 - your most successful season in over 20 years - your club averaged around 2,000 more per game than Manly. More than twice as many members yet only about 12% more in attendances. In 2011 it was only a difference of about 1,000. Seems that even your members don't care. Souffs get less people to their games than they have members and if you factor in away supporters, that's a lot of members that don't bother going to games.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/2012.html
So you're boasting about getting 12% less crowds than us. Well done. Next you'll go to Ron Jeremy and boast about being smaller than him.

Manly fan bitching at anybody about crowds is funny, let alone when they're bitching at a club that had the 4th biggest crowds in the comp last year and 2nd biggest in Sydney.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So you're boasting about getting 12% less crowds than us. Well done. Next you'll go to Ron Jeremy and boast about being smaller than him.

Manly fan bitching at anybody about crowds is funny, let alone when they're bitching at a club that had the 4th biggest crowds in the comp last year and 2nd biggest in Sydney.
To continue on that tact completely ignores his main point - that South Sydney have a higher membership base than crowd average. That means, particularly when away fans are accounted for, that there are A LOT of members who actually DO NOT go to games.

In my mind, and in the minds of many, that's a significant issue the Bunnies have to address - because there's a shitload MORE money to be made on that front.

Big Sam

First Grade

That doesn't make sense because your crowds average last season was roughly similar to your membership figure. If a lot of Easts fans are SCGT members then the crowd average would be greater.

Latest posts