What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Well we will have every Sydney club close to or over 10k this year except maybe Penrith so 10k isn't really that special anymore

I've heard from a few people in the past that their numbers are mainly made up of the people in Canberra who get the 3/4 game membership

I think in the long run, GWS will end up in Canberra anyway.

But they come out saying they've got 10,000 regardless.

Clarke

Juniors
It's amazing the week I've had speaking to people who are RL people and are "FMD - it's footy season again. Already?!? Where did summer go?! The cricket's just finished'.

I bet there's a stack of members bundled in there who haven't renewed yet because it's still 'summer'.

Silly argument I know, as footy always starts in Feb with All-Stars...but summer did seem to go awfully quickly this year. The 1st Test vs Sth Africa only seems a couple of weeks ago, but it's been three months!!!

Anyway...footy's back. Encourage people you know to sign up. Me, I've been signing up everyone's dog, cat, goldfish and nanna out the back as a 'pet member'.

I was just saying the complete opposite a few weeks ago. For me it lingered on and probably made worse by the poor summer of cricket we had this season.

I've heard from a few people in the past that their numbers are mainly made up of the people in Canberra who get the 3/4 game membership

That is true. I also know a few AFL fans who support other club and they buy GWS memberships (non-ticketed or the cheapest ticketed) to help out "their sport".

I wonder how many of these are out there.

The Great Dane

First Grade

This is true, but in my experience the vast majority of Canberrans that buy the Giants tickets are not Giants fans but buy the tickets because it is the cheapest and easiest way for them to see any AFL live, unless they have kids at school in which case they'll get free tickets from the Giants when they come to town.

I think in the long run, GWS will end up in Canberra anyway.

Relocating the Giants to Canberra would not work unless the Giants were completely re branded to the point that they are no longer the Giants.

It wouldn't work because you would turn off half your potential supporters base, by having a team from Western Sydney wearing Orange and Charcoal you would create a sigma of them not really being a Canberran team but leftovers from Sydney, and that would be enough to cut your average crowd down from 10-12k to 5-7k and then if they were having a bad year that crowd would take another large hit and a couple of bad years latter and the Giants would be broke again and unsustainable.

No if you were going to relocate the Giants it would have to be to a place like Tasmania where they are desperate for a team.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Biggest genius on this forum.

You are an idiot

I like hearing PR thoughts, I, like most of us on here, live in a small RL biosphere

I don't log on to hear a gospel choir of pro rugby league appostles

Go on holiday outside nsw or qld and check out the real world about how we really are going

Pr gives us an insight into life in wa for a league fan and I am thankfull for that

Raider_69

Post Whore
Quite surprising actually, I'm slightly disappointed.

Although in saying that, I still haven't renewed mine. Will be doing so next week.

Most reggies are slow on the uptake
i noticed this last weekend at a party of a mate, very many of the former Raiders Army were at this party and almost none of them had been bothered to do it yet... most of which have been decade + members

the final 3 weeks are when it seems everyone goes "shit, footy season is almost back, better get my ticket sorted"
my wife and i got around to renewing last week

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
You are an idiot

I like hearing PR thoughts, I, like most of us on here, live in a small RL biosphere

Go on holiday outside nsw or qld and check out the real world about how we really are going

Pr gives us an insight into life in wa for a league fan and I am thankfull for that

Go through his posts. He constantly complains and hangs shit on the game. PR is a f**k wit.

cleary89

Coach
You are an idiot

I live in London...

PR is an AFL troll who constantly puts shit on everything not AFL.

Latest posts