What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Valheru

Coach
GWS crowd average is 8k anyway when you take away the match boosting game against the Swans conveniently played on a weekend without any other AFL on with lots of air traffic from Melbourne to Sydney going on.

That crowd certainly did boost their average but are you suggetsing there were more flights that day? The Sydney/Melbourne route is busy every day with flights every half hour at least.

H.H

Juniors
The official target is 12k by March 7. Do you think we will get that?
Didn't realise they had a date on it.

I wouldn't think so mate. When the year's said and done yes, but doubtful by March 7....that's 2.5k+ in a week and a bit.

Not sure how they'd manage that unless they have something up their sleeves.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah our numbers are climbing but I doubt we'll hit 12k in a week and a bit. Still it's been encouraging seeing the big push and rise in numbers over the last few weeks.

RWB

Bench
I wouldn't put it past the club to go very close, I've still gotta buy my 5 annual memberships and I bet I'm not the only one who leaves it to the last minute every year.

I think a lot of clubs will be coming home with a wet sail.

firechild

First Grade
I think missing the membership battles has left a lot of people waiting for nothing to buy memberships. Should see a bit of a surge prior to clubs' first home games.

Clarke

Juniors
That crowd certainly did boost their average but are you suggetsing there were more flights that day? The Sydney/Melbourne route is busy every day with flights every half hour at least.

No, I'm suggesting there were large number of people flying from Melbourne to Sydney in the lead up to that game for the sole purpose of attending the match.

Lambretta

First Grade
I have been a member for four or five years now

At the start there were two of us going which turned into three and then four

Now there are six of us that have bought Bronze Memberships and will be attending games together.

The two latest recruits are a couple of English lads who are residents here in Oz and have taken to watching League. The $99 membership is perfect for people like that to get them interested in the game and supporting Rugby League on a regular basis.

Well that and the excuse to come and get drunk every other week :p

bellyache

Bench
I have been a member for four or five years now

At the start there were two of us going which turned into three and then four

Now there are six of us that have bought Bronze Memberships and will be attending games together.

The two latest recruits are a couple of English lads who are residents here in Oz and have taken to watching League. The $99 membership is perfect for people like that to get them interested in the game and supporting Rugby League on a regular basis.

Well that and the excuse to come and get drunk every other week :p
Great stuff.. We will have to share a brew Lamby.:D

POPEYE

Coach
I never have taken much interest in memberships and if GWS having more than the Tigers and Panthers is anything to go by I hope there are a lot more like me . . . maybe if coaches formed a team I could invest in

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
GWS having more members is hilarious.

Because 60% of their members are in Canberra or around that area.

Only about half of the members are actually in Sydney.

Since I had a friend of mine, who is a member, had it basically given to him for free - I'm not placing too much stock in those numbers as rationale for "winning" the west.

Von

Juniors
Should get the milestone of 10,000 by the weekend.

Hopefully all clubs will get to 10K in the next year or 2....

Jason Maher

Immortal
I never have taken much interest in memberships and if GWS having more than the Tigers and Panthers is anything to go by I hope there are a lot more like me . . . maybe if coaches formed a team I could invest in

So you prefer pokies revenue as a source of club income?

Red V Member for the third year this year. They just sent me a pin for being a member for two years. I feel so special.

yobbo84

Coach
Across the board NRL club membership is up by a massive 18 per cent on this time last year - and the Rabbitohs are leading the way with 22,003 members.

It wasn't so long ago NRL clubs treated membership drives as an afterthought - but in the wake of the poker machine tax it's fair to say members have become the financial lifeblood for most clubs.

"We used to earn about $330,000 a year from membership five years ago," Souths boss Shane Richardson said. "Now we are bringing in over $3.5 million.

"On top of that we probably do around the $2.5 million in merchandise and of that nearly 65 per cent directly comes through our members and our internet."

That's $6 million a year members are bringing in for the Bunnies - and that's not even taking into account the crowd figures that have increased dramatically directly through membership numbers.

"This is a mistake people make, they think success builds membership. Well, we have proven that to be wrong," Richardson said.

"Up until last year we had only made the finals once since 1989.

"It's about the feeling you give them, the culture you create."

Richardson can't believe some clubs are yet to jump on board the membership bandwagon.

"You have to throw yourself completely into it,' he said.

"You can't half get committed, you can't get half pregnant. You have to be fully committed to it or otherwise it just doesn't work."

Source/Full Article: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...mbership-numbers/story-e6frexnr-1226586362211

Eddie Lab

Juniors
that bunnies article in the DT says that the NRL membership total is up by 18% at this time last year. should be a good increase if it continues this way.

Latest posts