What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Saint Doc

Coach
"This is a mistake people make, they think success builds membership. Well, we have proven that to be wrong," Richardson said.

I'm sorry but that is a f**king classic line :lol:

Hahaha I hadn't read it like that until just then! Love it!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The real money will come in when the NBN gets up and running as it is designed. That will eventually take Foxtel out of the equation, along with their exhorbitant costs. IP TV will allow direct streaming (40Mb would be nice) and one can buy direct from the web-site. And get the full suite of user controls - different camera angles, split screens etc etc. If anyone is in any doubt, check the MLB, NFL, NHL or NBA sites for options on how to purchase games. They already do it big time.

For example, if one is an NBA fan (thankfully, I'm not), we can get a grand total of three games a week via Foxtel and absolutely no choice of games. Same with other sports. Via IP TV, you can click on any game (plus get the above goodies) and buy it for a few bucks.

When the NRL adopts this, the money will start pouring in. But one party is dedicated to stopping the NBN and thereby propping up Foxtel. Hint: It's the same party that is going to remove, among other things, all existing school allowances. That's around $800 dollars per high school student and about $400 for each primary school tyke. Starts to add up, doesn't it?

Make no mistake, all this hatred is going to come at a cost. A big cost. Especially for those stupid enough to believe removing the carbon tax is is going to drastically reduce electricity prices. I just hope it doesn't affect my NBN, because its coming down my street in a couple of months.

Is that the same nbn that isn't coming near my suburb that my taxes are paying for?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
More than likely mate. But what better way to support your club than becoming a member. Rein hail or shine, win or lose. We'll sign up and support our lads. Albeit with a little criticism along the way of coarse ;-)

Gotta say Saints numbers are exceptionally good considering their prospects this year.Shows how loyal the die-hards are. At the same time think some of your supporters are on suicide watch already....stuck my nose in a few clubs forums to see what they were feeling pre 2013 and Saints forum was quite negative and even depressing. At least give them a chance to fail before writing them off..... they may surprise a few people along the way.

The NBN was set up in Armidale before anywhere else in NSW.

And you still can't get it everywhere in a town of 25k people.

$42b just isn't enough to get it to one medium sized town. Maybe they can take that election bribe, er I mean school allowance, and spend it on getting it to at least the one town that should have it by now. If they're going to waste monet on something that is uneccessary and will be obsolete in a few years anyway they might as well go the whole hog.

Von

Juniors
"This is a mistake people make, they think success builds membership. Well, we have proven that to be wrong," Richardson said.

I'm sorry but that is a f**king classic line :lol:

I REALLY LOL@Souffs when I read that!!

At least Richo is honest!

:)

BrissyRedV

Bench
Gotta say Saints numbers are exceptionally good considering their prospects this year.Shows how loyal the die-hards are. At the same time think some of your supporters are on suicide watch already....stuck my nose in a few clubs forums to see what they were feeling pre 2013 and Saints forum was quite negative and even depressing. At least give them a chance to fail before writing them off..... they may surprise a few people along the way.

Those are but a few that are putting out the negative waves. Their is still many of us have a lot of hope for the season coming. After all, we all start 0 points and you never know what is going to happen season proper. Best of luck for your Sharkies

Lambretta

First Grade
Von,
You're probably right but you need to have a look at yourself. You were doing fine until you got to the comma. Pot? Kettle?

How are the words "this is a Rugby League forum" political?

Von asked you not to be political
Nothing more

Personally I believe you have a point on Foxtel's business model
It is fine for now, but it's business model is flawed and people will soon be demanding more.

In future Fox will undoubtedly move into pay per view models with televisions streaming directly off the internet rather than a monthly fee package model. But as you say this will require a decent broadband network.

Personally I don't think $100 a month is all that expensive if it's your main source of entertainment - but it is if you only watch a tiny fraction of what is available such as say one or two Rugby League games a week.

I envisage that the clubs will offer games via live stream or download on demand via their own sites as part of a membership package in future. ie interstate members get home games included and home season ticket holders get away games etc. But that will require a decent broadband network and broadcast relationships with the rights owners.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
A central coast suburb not on the rollout

Oh, so your house isn't in the initial rollout and you're chucking a tanty?
Nice.

You realise it's a national infrastructure project, right? That it's going to service every person on the continent for the next century+ ? It's not going to rock up on your door day one unless you're incredibly lucky. Not to metnion there's a f**kload more to the NBN than just the household connections.

Unbeliveable how some people can't see past their nose...

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL should coordinate a massive launch of all club memberships at the same time mid November. December have a big marketing campaign with players as Santa in the ads and pushing memberships as christmas presents. January and feb run the membership comps and finally a big push during season launch week.

Perth Red

Post Whore
On NBN, my new house has cable Internet already. It's the dogs bollox! Once you've got the speed you can't imagine living without it.

Billythekid

First Grade
NRL should coordinate a massive launch of all club memberships at the same time mid November. December have a big marketing campaign with players as Santa in the ads and pushing memberships as christmas presents. January and feb run the membership comps and finally a big push during season launch week.

Totally agree with this. Furthermore they should actually become more transparent with the numbers. Make them public right from the start, you can even turn it into a bit of healthy competition. Just in general give people incentives to become involved with their club by becoming a member.

I think this can have more positive impact than just increasing memberships as well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bulldogs at 13,978 now... climbing steadily with a week to season kickoff.

rnb11

Juniors
Knights are on 14,784. A good start to the season and they should be able to get their 20k target quite quickly.

Latest posts