What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

DINGb@T

Juniors
Good statting slm. Very helpful.

Looks like good healthy growth per club but most of it at the smaller teams. In terms of the overall number that may look a little disappointing to some but those are the teams who need the boost the most.

And there's a ways to go yet before we see the final number.

slm9

Juniors
Good statting slm. Very helpful.

Looks like good healthy growth per club but most of it at the smaller teams. In terms of the overall number that may look a little disappointing to some but those are the teams who need the boost the most.

And there's a ways to go yet before we see the final number.

Just had a look at the 2012 membership thread. The NRL announced 200,000 members on the 5th of April 2012, so there was only 4,000 odd sold from this date till the end of the year.

We are only a couple of weeks a head of that so maybe another 7,000-8,000 which would give growth of about 4-5% (2013 estimate 213,000 v 2012 204,361).

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Just had a look at the 2012 membership thread. The NRL announced 200,000 members on the 5th of April 2012, so there was only 4,000 odd sold from this date till the end of the year.

We are only a couple of weeks a head of that so maybe another 7,000-8,000 which would give growth of about 4-5% (2013 estimate 213,000 v 2012 204,361).

Not quite the goals the ARLC set but it's hard to be upset with decent growth like that. It seems as though a lot of the lack of growth at the moment is because of the storm, knights and broncos. Moreso the knights and broncos.

Combined those 3 clubs are down on last years numbers by over 10K members. I think the storm will probably match or exceed them, not sure about the other 2.

I?ve got us above last year?s total now. Still 7 clubs below last years numbers though.

22 Feb - 176,634
1 March - 185,093
8 March ? 192,929
15 March - 199,734
26 March ? 204,510

Would be good if we could get
· Parra above 15,000 ? We would then have 6 clubs in that range (only 4 last year).
· Two more teams into the above 10,000 so we only have 4 teams below 10,000 (same as last year).

NRL_zps73eb0daf.jpg

Sharks 76% up. That's great work from the club. Increasing during this whole ASADA investigation as well.

Keep going Sharkies!

Raiderdave

First Grade
Not quite the goals the ARLC set but it's hard to be upset with decent growth like that. It seems as though a lot of the lack of growth at the moment is because of the storm, knights and broncos. Moreso the knights and broncos.

Combined those 3 clubs are down on last years numbers by over 10K members. I think the storm will probably match or exceed them, not sure about the other 2.

the 2012 figure includes the 7K from the Bronco Derby one game memberships & they netted even more I understand for this years game however ....
they aren't part of the present tally of 205K , so we're doing even better then it appears.

juro

Bench
Don't know about other clubs but the last two years the Broncos sold a fair amount of farewell Locky and Petro memberships for the last 3 home games.
Maybe they can convince Wallace to retire to boost their memberships...

JW

Coach
I call bullshit on this. They have dressed up a single matchday ticket with some goodies and called it a membership.

CC, does it really matter? Honestly.

Mate, there's no membership premiership and a trophy. It's not club vs club. Memberships are a common and collective effort to strengthen the game.

Teams should be doing all they can get extra money in the bank, create new marketing/upgrade opportunities and expose/promote their brands as best they can.

So what if the Bronc's throw together some smaller packages aimed at the casual fan? That could be something in the order of several thousand people who've placed themselves on the Broncos books that the club now has access to. Hardly something worth calling BS on.

The more incentives the clubs throw at the more casual fans, the better IMO.

dogslife

Coach
I'll only start caring if the Donks use it to claim they've got the most members in the NRL, which apparently they do now.

It was however annoying when they and the Tigpies used one game memberships last year to win the membership battles and claim the prizemoney

Latest posts