What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Lambretta

First Grade
Teams should be doing all they can get extra money in the bank, create new marketing/upgrade opportunities and expose/promote their brands as best they can.

So what if the Bronc's throw together some smaller packages aimed at the casual fan? That could be something in the order of several thousand people who've placed themselves on the Broncos books that the club now has access to. Hardly something worth calling BS on.

The more incentives the clubs throw at the more casual fans, the better IMO.

I understood CC's point, but I have to agree with JW.
I personally don't see the issue with non ticketed memberships and this is merely an extension of that. The idea is to market to people who you know like Rugby League.

If clubs can convert a few hundred of these people each season into full season ticket holders, then it's a definite bonus.

Marketing money is best spent if you can target the audience you need to reach. A scattergun approach gets the odd person, but you are often marketing to people who don't give a shit. At least this gets you into the ears of people that are more likely to convert to full time members.

My first membership was a non ticketed thing as I had a young family and couldn't get to games. Then as the kids got older it became a five game option and then a full season pass.

Lambretta

First Grade
IIRC wasn't the prizemoney a really paltry sum, like somewhere in the vicinity of 10 grand? :lol:

Hardly something for the clubs to get there knickers in a knot.

Maybe not, but I believe all clubs should get their knickers in a knot over their fans inability to remember the difference between they're, their and there.

Former Raider Josh Dugan seyz them there bacardi breezers iz wikked. They're not jus' fa bitches. If fanz new their shit, they wood now I iz jus' reading da utha side of da storee.

Respect (or in Dugans case - lack thereof).

beave

Coach
Cowboys should offer membership to anyone who buys a beer and a pie at the footy. Probably about the same price as souths non ticketed membership and just as legitimate.

simmo64

Juniors
Cowboys should offer membership to anyone who buys a beer and a pie at the footy. Probably about the same price as souths non ticketed membership and just as legitimate.
Cowboys have a non ticketed membership as well wanker .

BunniesMan

Immortal
lol@trolls.

A nonticketed Souths membership is $90 bucks. More than any other teams non ticketed memberships and about as much as Roosters GA tickets.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
When they posted ticketed numbers in the past the bunnies had 11k, so I would say that's in the 13-15k range now. More than the rest of the clubs so jokes on us